Apr 22, 2016, 05:25 PM
"Look sir! DRONES!"
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Hubsan X4 Pro FPV Full Review - [UnBox, Inspection, Setup, Flight Test, Pros & Cons]

I've had some time with the Hubsan X4pro to begin a full review. You can find the X4pro HERE.

The X4pro is Hubsan's first delve into the market competing with 350 size smart GPS camera quads. The amount of stuff you get in the three available outfitted packages is a handful. From an auto deploying parachute to a all in one touch screen controller, Hubsan seems to be touching all pricing levels with these offerings.

In this review I'll be going though the quad in-depth and also doing some flight testing, parachute deployment testing and eventually some modding and range testing for conrol and FPV. I will be updating this review as it unfolds with pictures, videos and comments.

Below is the initial UnBoxing, Inspection and Setup Video for the review to give us a real close look at what's in the package and how it's set up:

HUBSAN X4 PRO FPV GPS QuadCopter Drone Review - Part 1 - [UnBox, Inspection & Setup] (45 min 32 sec)

The video below is a thorough "Flight Test" as I go through compass calibration, all the functions and get a good idea for flight timings and some of the pros & cons of the craft during flight:

HUBSAN X4 PRO FPV GPS QuadCopter Drone Review - Part 2 - [Flight Test, Pros & Cons] (27 min 53 sec)

Below is an in flight forced parachute deployment video:

HUBSAN X4 PRO FPV GPS QuadCopter Review - Part 3 - [Chute Deploy, Damage Report, Chute Re-Pack] (13 min 2 sec)

In the video below I do a long range test to see the control and FPV range capabilities of the X4pro:

HUBSAN X4 PRO FPV GPS QuadCopter Drone Review - Part 3 - [Range Test With 3D Gimbal & Gitup Git2] (26 min 24 sec)

I'll be updating with more HD pictures, parachute auto deployment flight test, range test flight and some possible mods as I complete them.

Features as the WEBSITE states (I have edited some with a strike through as some seem to be wrong on the site):

5.8G FPV Real-time Video Transmission:
Share the videos and photos to the LCD display at anytime anywhere.

1080P HD Camera:
The 1080P HD camera are tuned amazingly to capture stunning pictures and videos from the sky.

GPS Mode:
GPS position and hovering, making the flight more accurate and safer.

One key to take-off / land (In High Edition?):
More convenient to let the quadcopter take off at the current flying position.

Automatic Return and Land:
The fight control system will automatically control the quadcopter to turn to home and land when it loses control.

6 Axis Gyro:
Strong stability, stronger wind resistance, easier to control.

Equipped with 1-axis Brushless Gimbal ( standard edition ):
It can help stabilize the camera and help you shoot amazing videos.
Note: High edition is equipped with 3-axis brushless gimbal.
Longer Flight Time:
The battery with large capacity extends the flying time last to 25-40 minutes.

Brand: Hubsan
Item name: H109S X4 PRO RC Quadcopter Standard Edition
Color: Black
Transmitter: FPV1 transmitter
Gimbal: Single axis
Color: Black
Frequency: 2.4Ghz
Channel: 7CH
Gyro: 6 Axis
Charging time: About 3.5h
Flying time: 25 - 40mins
Control distance: About 1500m
Flight battery: 11.1V 7000mAh li-po battery
Transmitter battery: 4 x 1.5V AA battery ( not included )

Function: Up / Down, Turn Left / Right, Forward / Backward, Spin, with Camera, GPS Positioning, One Key Take-off (In High Edition?), Automatic Return / Land

Notice: The parachute in the picture is not included. Parachute is included with standard edition

Specifications:

General
Type: Quadcopter,RC Simulators
Brand: Hubsan
Features: 5.8G FPV,GPS,360 Degree Surround
Motor Type: Brushed Motor They are Brushless
Functions: Camera,Automatic Return,Camera,Forward/backward,FPV,GPS location tracking (in high edition?),One Key Taking Off (In High Edition?),Turn left/right,Up/down
Built-in Gyro: Yes
Level: Advanced Level
Connectivity
Remote Control: 2.4GHz Wireless Remote Control
Channel: 7-Channels
Detailed Control Distance: About 1500m
Battery
Flying Time: 25-40mins
Dimension and Weight
Product weight: 1.400KG
Package weight: 8.200 KG
Product size (L x W x H): 30.00 x 30.00 x 20.00 cm / 11.81 x 11.81 x 7.87 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 62.00 x 54.00 x 33.00 cm / 24.41 x 21.26 x 12.99 inches
Package Contents
Package Contents: 1 x RC Quadcopter, 1 x Transmitter, 1 x 11.1V 7000mAh Li-Po Battery, 1 x Charger, 2 x Landing Gear, 1 x Camera, 1 x 1-axis Brushless Gimbal (also 8 propellers)
Last edited by rc808hawaii; May 06, 2016 at 05:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2016, 06:03 PM
"Look sir! DRONES!"
Thread OP
Reserved for Review
Apr 23, 2016, 08:12 AM
Great review and video. Does the low edition support a 2 or 3 axis global and/or a different camera?
Thanks,
J
Apr 23, 2016, 02:29 PM
"Look sir! DRONES!"
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkc25
Great review and video. Does the low edition support a 2 or 3 axis global and/or a different camera?
Thanks,
J
Hey Jason. Yes, I currently have a mini a Mini 3D Feiyutech Gimbal and GitUp Git2 camera mounted up and it does screw right up using two existing holes on belly of the X4pro.
Apr 23, 2016, 02:53 PM
Ah, that's great to hear. I love the fact that it can be upgraded a bit.
Apr 29, 2016, 11:43 AM
Great reviews and videos
Can't wait to see you range test or mod this Quad
Have you been able to connect to the X4 Pro flight control software on your PC yet ?
May 02, 2016, 03:52 AM
"Look sir! DRONES!"
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMc007
Great reviews and videos
Can't wait to see you range test or mod this Quad
Have you been able to connect to the X4 Pro flight control software on your PC yet ?
Thanks Lee,
Have not connected yet. I just did a range test in stock form so next I'll be trying to connect.
May 02, 2016, 03:53 AM
"Look sir! DRONES!"
Thread OP

In Flight Parachute Deployment Test

Here a video I've done deploying the parachute in mid flight and the aftermath

HUBSAN X4 PRO FPV GPS QuadCopter Review - Part 3 - [Chute Deploy, Damage Report, Chute Re-Pack] (13 min 2 sec)
May 04, 2016, 02:10 AM
Hello people, i have found a discount coupon for Hubsan H109S PRO
the coupon is: JR09S
and price is only 316€
http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_330810.html

http://www.actioncamitalia.it/2016/0...-h109s-x4-pro/
May 06, 2016, 05:19 PM
"Look sir! DRONES!"
Thread OP

Range testing the X4pro

Here is a long range test with the X4pro. Here we can see the stock antenna limitations for both control and FPV. Also we can see the behavior when it does go into a possible connection loss scenario:

HUBSAN X4 PRO FPV GPS QuadCopter Drone Review - Part 3 - [Range Test With 3D Gimbal & Gitup Git2] (26 min 24 sec)
Jul 25, 2016, 01:55 AM
Flying while Frying
Hey! How much is the top speed of the x4 with GPS mode off? Is it faster than the phantom 4?
Jul 25, 2016, 11:32 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Apples to Apples, the P4 does not have a GPS "off" mode. P4 In sport mode no wind 45Mph level flight, X4 with GPS off, Power dive 45 MPH. So realistically they can achieve the same speed, one can sustain it in level flight, the other will hit the ground if you hold it in.
Sep 04, 2016, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc808hawaii
Thanks Lee,
Have not connected yet. I just did a range test in stock form so next I'll be trying to connect.
Hi Dustin, I love your reviews buddy...... I was just wondering if you had managed to get round to doing the connection with the PC yet.
I'm curious to see what the parameters are that can be changed to suit the user, also are you planning any mods for this little beauty ??
Sep 06, 2016, 01:44 AM
"Look sir! DRONES!"
Thread OP
[QUOTE=Quadlicious;35644905]Hi Dustin, I love your reviews buddy...... I was just wondering if you had managed to get round to doing the connection with the PC yet.
I'm curious to see what the parameters are that can be changed to suit the user, also are you planning any mods for this little beauty ??[/QUtiOTE]

Hey there.

Unfortunately I have not. Really want to and still need to find the time to have a look at what software is out now and if it's even possible yet. Anyone have any info? I'd like to sit down and tinker with it if the software is available. I need to get this black bird back up in the air..lol
Sep 30, 2016, 08:56 PM
Hello,

Awesome review!!! After watching this i bought one last week. I am new to quads but so far i am happy. But my 1d gimbal motor broke and i replaced it with the motor from the phone gimbal. But it seems cheap. Can the gimbal you used be controlled with the transmitter?

Quick Reply