Apr 22, 2016, 03:38 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Cleanflight failed to open serial port upon trying to flash! Skyline 32 in Nighthawk

Hi there Guys.

Trying to flash my Nighthawk 280 this morning. Not sure what happened, but it stopped responding.

It has a Skyline 32 board.

Went ahead, and soldered the boot pins to try a clean install, and cleanflight recognizes when I connect the quad, but then I get "No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed"

So, then I try and flash, and I get "Failed to open serial port"

Here are some things I have done to try and remedy the issue:
- Downloaded and installed WinUSB v6.1 to the quad with Zadig
- Re-installed USBasp driver for Chrome
- resoldered boot pins, and tried flashing on a different computer
- Using Hercules to send R command, LEDs do not change colour

Does anybody have any idea what else I can try?

Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2016, 03:51 PM
Thread OP
Edit: Dont worry, fixed
Apr 24, 2016, 02:39 AM
How did you fix it? My bf has a scratch built drone with a scisky board and we have been able to flash the firmware but get that same communication error when trying to connect to cleanflight. Serial port opens just the configuration not received within 10 secs communication failed
May 24, 2016, 07:34 PM
I went into my programs/apps in Windows and uninstalled all the Serial->Com port software. Then connected my quad and did the same in the device manager.

Then relaunched Cleanflight and my flash process went just fine.

Windows 10. I dunno. Maybe some of the drivers were competing - I had already had some loaded for use with Arduino clones. Will probably have to reinstall to get my compy to talk to them again, but that's how (after hours of research and trying) I was able to fix the issue.
Jun 02, 2016, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfreak
Hi there Guys.

Trying to flash my Nighthawk 280 this morning. Not sure what happened, but it stopped responding.

It has a Skyline 32 board.

Went ahead, and soldered the boot pins to try a clean install, and cleanflight recognizes when I connect the quad, but then I get "No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed"

So, then I try and flash, and I get "Failed to open serial port"

Here are some things I have done to try and remedy the issue:
- Downloaded and installed WinUSB v6.1 to the quad with Zadig
- Re-installed USBasp driver for Chrome
- resoldered boot pins, and tried flashing on a different computer
- Using Hercules to send R command, LEDs do not change colour

Does anybody have any idea what else I can try?

Thanks.
Hi Bfreak, how did you fixed your communication failed problem?
I have similar issue, also with Nighthawk 280, been okay for a few months since bought it, but 2 nights ago when tried to connect to CF configurator, got the same communication failed error message. I am afraid to refresh the firmware in case that will fail also as currently my NH280 is still flyable, i just want to change some PID values. so very eager to solve this CF communication issue.

cheers
David
Dec 15, 2017, 09:27 PM
RC part
hi ,dear , you have updated for it ? if updated, Need to rematch after updating

Quick Reply