This thread is privately moderated by Crunchy Frog, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 15, 2016, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1
Eddie
Did you buy the boat in the picture from Ed Morales? Ed sails out if Singapore. There a several other pictures of it in early discussions on the forum about these boats
This thread is a discussion on suggestions for a first boat.
Since these haven't be made since the mid 90's the possibility of getting one as a first boat would be wonderful but would require a minor miracle.
Do you still have your boat? I have two of them.
Actually it is my favorite.
Boomer
Yes , thats me, lost my old password, so new screen name
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2016, 10:58 PM

4th Sailboat Victoria 2008

Thunder Tiger Victoria
Nov 17, 2016, 10:59 PM

5th RC Sailboat 2009

IOM Class Stealth MK2
Nov 28, 2016, 09:08 PM
Proboat Regazza
Nov 29, 2016, 05:51 AM
Years ago, like 30+ years ago as a kid I built a home designed boat out of cardboard coated with polyester resin. Kind of copied my 16' dingy. Sailed like crap!
Had an aluminum arrow shaft for a mast and rip stop nylon for sails. Used a Cox/Sanwa 3 channel radio.
It was 24" long, had an unballasted 1/8" mahogany door skin keel/centreboard. Loaded the bottom of the hull with lead shot and resin.
Nov 29, 2016, 10:22 AM
Boomer1
It would seen the thread's focus has drifted. The topic was "which sailboat to get you started in RC sailing".
We have a very active thread to post pictures of your favorite sailboats.
My suggestion is that if you have a suggestion, include photos and information on the boat and why you like it as a first or starter boat.
Just saying, just posting pictures doesn't bring much to help those looking for direction.
Boomer
Last edited by Boomer1; Dec 01, 2016 at 09:09 AM.
Dec 01, 2016, 03:32 AM
Useful Idiot
Feb 04, 2017, 08:07 AM
for learning the rc laser is a good tough boat it has 4 sail sizes for different winds and all fits into a carry bag. it sets up in about 3 minutes look at intensity sails for the boat. 22,000 of them in use now
Feb 07, 2017, 01:19 AM
my first rcsailboat is micromagic530, the 2nd is 65 ,and now my first IOM one is GOTH(made by master wen)!
Feb 16, 2017, 01:06 PM
look at the rc laser about 400 on ebay you can get four sales for wind condition , light fast to assemble fun to sail
Feb 17, 2017, 08:38 PM
Modeler/ Historian
I started off with a Kyosho Fairwind, next a Sea wind.... I then immersed myself in RC Submarines, returning to sail with a Robbie Atlantis Schooner. I am now working at finishing a Canterbury J. I wish I sill had the Fairwind though.... Point is, I think the Fairwind was the best all around beginners boat, especially in kit form. Since its demise, I would have to go with the Victoria, and also the Seawind. I think the RC Laser is a fine boat, but, for my money I would go with Victoria. I think it important for the novice to be introduced to Main and Jib tuning and control early on. Victoria is ideal for that.
Last edited by Stephen Vick; Feb 17, 2017 at 08:50 PM.
Mar 03, 2017, 04:03 AM
Malibu

My First Boat

1.8 mt Monsoon was my first sailboat, 18 mnths ago, still fun.
Mar 08, 2017, 02:46 PM
I am looking at both the Micro Magic and the Nirvana. I like the Nirvana because of it's size and I can get one for a very good price but I like the Micro Magic both because I can build it (I love to build airplane kits) and because it is a 3 channel system with an additional trim servo for the jib that makes it more like real sailing.