Hobbyking Quanum Nova Pro (Cheerson CX Pro ?) - Page 98 - RC Groups
Apr 15, 2018, 01:41 PM

Problems during descend in loiter mode.

Hi i have a doubt about the descend speed of the quanum nova pro when it flies in loiter mode.

When I climb (from the hover point) in loiter mode, the gas stick is reasonably linear and the drone reaches a maximum speed of 5m / s that I can see in the tower app.

The problem is that in order for the drone to begin to descend, I need to lower the gas stick a lot from the hover point and it barely drops to 1.5 m / s. With the gas stick almost full bottom, it does not fall below 2.5 m / s. and at this point I am afraid that the engines will stop and the drone will fall from the sky !.

How can I make the gas stick more linear during the descent and increase the descend speed to 5 m/s?

What happens if flying in loiter mode (GPS)I completely move the gas lever to full lower position ?, will the engines stop?

I have tried to change values of some parameters, but I only get it to descend faster in RTH mode, but not in loiter mode.

thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2018, 01:50 PM
"Learn or Burn"
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamareto
Hi i have a doubt about the descend speed of the quanum nova pro when it flies in loiter mode.

When I climb (from the hover point) in loiter mode, the gas stick is reasonably linear and the drone reaches a maximum speed of 5m / s that I can see in the tower app.

The problem is that in order for the drone to begin to descend, I need to lower the gas stick a lot from the hover point and it barely drops to 1.5 m / s. With the gas stick almost full bottom, it does not fall below 2.5 m / s. and at this point I am afraid that the engines will stop and the drone will fall from the sky !.

How can I make the gas stick more linear during the descent and increase the descend speed to 5 m/s?

What happens if flying in loiter mode (GPS)I completely move the gas lever to full lower position ?, will the engines stop?

I have tried to change values of some parameters, but I only get it to descend faster in RTH mode, but not in loiter mode.

thanks!
Loiter throttle is heavily choked,as you have found,and can safely be held at zero throttle to descend.I do it all the time.If I want to come down fast I simply switch to stabilize as long as my throttle is at mid point.As to the parameter,it's been a while since I ran an APM.I'd have to go digging for that.
Apr 15, 2018, 02:44 PM

quanum

Thanks for your reply, I will try to lower gas stick in loiter next time, but Iīm scared about motors reaction.

Thanks
Apr 16, 2018, 02:28 PM

quanum nova preo

Today I tried to top bottom gas stick in loiter mode and it works with any issue."I set "Pilot_velz_max" parameter in 500 and now I can descend faster in loiter mode safely.

I also tried to increase the RTL horizontal speed, to come back home faster and it works (I set" Wpnav_speed" parameter in 700 (7m/s)) and it works but the problem is I canīt set a different speed between waypoints while a mission (auto mode). I tried with "Wpnav_loit_speed" set to 500, but donīt works. The horizontal speed between waypoints in auto mode is the same set in"Wpnav_speed".

Any suggestion?

Thanks.
Apr 17, 2018, 08:04 AM

OSD on Nova Pro

Hello,
I am trying to get my Nova battery percentage to show on my FPV monitor, don't really need all the other telemetry bells and whistles. The equipment Im using is Boscam RX LCD5802, TS832 TX, mini OSD, LD4000 camera, power supply module. Do I need all this? So far I have been unsuccessful in getting the video downlink to the video receiver. When I search for the VDL frequency the RX will stop at a couple black screens and the signal in the top left corner shows strong, but no picture. What freq should I be using? Also If someone could assist me on how to hook up the battery supply module and minOSD to the quad it would be greatly appreciated..... TIA...

Quick Reply