Old Jan 31, 2002, 12:05 PM
Find More Posts by Scott Elmore

Help with "Mark this forum read"

When I click on "Mark this forum read" on a specific forum, my screen does in fact show that all the posts have been read. However, SOMETIMES BUT NOT ALWAYS, when I go back to the same forum, it shows I haven't read the posts. It's as if I had never clicked on "Mark this forum read" in the first place. Any help would be appreciated. Again, this does not happen all the time, maybe 50% of the time.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2002, 12:16 PM
Find More Posts by dave_lilley
Perhaps people posted while you were gone... Did you double-check the times?
Old Jan 31, 2002, 01:52 PM
Find More Posts by Scott Elmore
Dave,

Sometimes they did (yes, I checked the times). Let's say there were 20 new posts, I read them, then I click "Mark this forum read". The next thing I see is the page of posts denoting they have been read. When I come back later those same 20 posts show that I've never read them (in addition to any new posts). I belong to other forums elsewhere so I'm somewhat knowledgable on how they work. In this cases the "Mark this forum read" function sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. I hope this gives you a little more to go on. Thanks.

Scott