Palmer Plans C-130H 1/18 Scale, Props and Spinners - RC Groups
Apr 18, 2016, 01:38 PM
Question

Palmer Plans C-130H 1/18 Scale, Props and Spinners

I am about to embark on a 1/18 DP C-130H project. This is the 87" version. I have found a retractable landing gear at Century Jets. I have two sources that I can turn to for engine nacelles, however props and spinners for this herky bird? I don't know where to go. I would prefer to have functional four blade props and spinners. They are available for the 1/12 scale. Any suggestions? Also, any suggestions on reversing two of the motors on this kit? If so, then wouldn't I need four blade pushers? I have some kit building repair and experience, but on smaller planes.

Thanks!
Last edited by gwynnm; Apr 18, 2016 at 04:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2017, 03:59 AM
thesmo
Most of the bolt together engines can be reversed like the HP- series engines from Mecoa.com. By turning the front of the engine 90 degrees the motor runs in reverse same as forward. As for the props good luck. I am looking also but for the 132".
Oct 29, 2017, 08:16 PM
Would the motors even need to be reversed on this particular build? Any luck with props?
Nov 02, 2017, 08:52 AM
All four motors of the C-130 run in the same (conventional) direction. You won't need pusher props or reverse motors.

What size props are you looking for? Im sure you could get a varioprop that is fairly scale looking.
Nov 02, 2017, 11:57 AM
Thanks smdub! I don't know what size props yet. I still haven't purchased the kit. I want to make sure I can find/create all of the accessories I will need before I purchase the kit. The nacelles have been the most difficult. I know an engineer locally that can build me a mold, but to the cost of about $500, that's $125 a nacelle. The molds will have panel lines and rivet markings and will be good for several re-uses, but the market for Palmer C-130 nacelles doesn't appear to be booming. I have found the landing gear at Century Jets, and shouldn't have any problem getting a scale lighting kit. I'm almost there.