Apr 17, 2016, 08:25 PM
Free Bird
Thread OP
New Product

Official Matrice 600 (M600 / M600Pro) ***Owner's Thread***

Matrice 600

The Matrice 600 (M600) is DJI’s new flying platform designed for professional aerial photography and industrial applications. It is
built to closely integrate with a host of powerful DJI technologies, including the A3 flight controller, Lightbridge 2 transmission
system, Intelligent Batteries and Battery Management system, for maximum performance and quick setup

Some build pictures and hints. ( please read picture descriptions ) If you have any questions please let me know.

Updated:
DJI Matrice 600 (m600) First flight (3 min 44 sec)

First Flight

DJI Matrice 600 (M600) X5 Flight Video (2 min 46 sec)

Footage of x5

Update 5.22.16
Production mount. M600 Spare Part Number 01

Updated 4.12.17
Added Support Documentation regarding Main Causes of Digital Artifact in Image Transmission

Added Support Documentation regarding Analyses on SRW-60G Camera Incompatibility Issues
Last edited by blade strike; Apr 12, 2017 at 10:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2016, 08:27 PM
http://store.dji.com/product/matrice...site=brandsite

SRW-60G is not permitted for use on aerial platforms in North America

DJI – Introducing the Matrice 600 (3 min 33 sec)

Apr 17, 2016, 08:27 PM
Can you elaborate on this SRW-60G fiasco? This literally is the most revolutionary product for the pro video industry but it seems like it cannot be legally flown in the USA with the new Ronin gimbal and a RED or similar size camera?
Apr 17, 2016, 08:29 PM
Free Bird
Thread OP

DJI Matrice 600 Series Remote Controller Channel Expansion Kit Released

Today, the industrial application of drones requires more than a just flying platform. Thanks to the leading technology of DJI drones, industrial users are able to integrate their DJI drones with third-party modules, develop more functions to meet their needs and make drone operation easier even for industrial use.

In the public safety sector, drones, with their maneuverability and flexibility, can substitute for manpower to get to areas with little access and drop relief supplies such as medicine, food and first-aid tools to a designated point.

The Matrice 600 Series Remote Controller Channel Expansion Kit has eight switches or knobs available for mapping eight channels, making the control of non-DJI modules easier and creates an integrated solution for industrial drone application.

Product Overview and Instruction
The Matrice 600 Series Remote Controller Channel Expansion Kit is compatible with the DJI Matrice 600 Series Remote Controller and includes eight knobs/switches. More control functions will be available after channel mapping in DJI Assistant 2.

Channel Expansion Module

RC Port Module

1. USB Port
2. CAN Port
3. Micro USB Port
4. HDMI Port
5. Mounting Holes
Tools required: 1.5mm Hex Key and Phillips Screwdriver

Installation: Remove the original RC port module first, insert the PCB of the new module into the back of the remote controller, connect the three flat cables and lock the black buckles.
Then mount the Channel Expansion Module on the handle of the remote controller. Finally, finish channel mapping in DJI Assistant 2 to set up control of third-party modules. (Detailed mounting instructions please refer to the User Guide of Matrice 600 Series Remote Controller Channel Expansion Kit.) Below is how the RC looks like when finishing installation:

Channel Mapping Instruction

First, connect M600 Pro to a PC and enter DJI Assistant 2. Click “Tool” on the left of the interface and enter “Function Channel” page to customize the control function of F3-F8 Channel based on personal operation habits and which port(s) on the flight controller is connecting with the third-party module.

Now you can use the Remote Controller Channel Expansion Kit to control third-party modules.
Last edited by blade strike; Feb 15, 2017 at 02:43 PM.
Apr 17, 2016, 08:30 PM
Hopefully they will soon release a version of the SRW-60G that is legal for video transmission in the states.
Apr 17, 2016, 08:35 PM
I hope there will be a way of using standard Lipos.
Imagine having to carry and specially charge 60 TB48 batteries on location...
Apr 17, 2016, 08:37 PM
Free Bird
Thread OP
Here is the install of the D-RTK with the final version of the RTK install kit. Currently craft is fitted with the 3Z!
Last edited by blade strike; Feb 15, 2017 at 10:36 AM.
Apr 17, 2016, 09:11 PM
What all is included for $4599? Copter, 6 batteries, 1 controller?
Apr 17, 2016, 09:20 PM
Free Bird
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxender
What all is included for $4599? Copter, 6 batteries, 1 controller?
I will need to get back to you on that, I have heard a few different things. I have only been testing the a3 not the m600.
Apr 17, 2016, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
I will need to get back to you on that, I have heard a few different things. I have only been testing the a3 not the m600.
Thanks! Cause depending on how much comes with it I'll be returning my newly purchased s900 frame lol.
Apr 17, 2016, 09:52 PM
Yeah would be nice to know what is included when you buy it.
Apr 17, 2016, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs454
Can you elaborate on this SRW-60G fiasco? This literally is the most revolutionary product for the pro video industry but it seems like it cannot be legally flown in the USA with the new Ronin gimbal and a RED or similar size camera?
Just curious... Why is this "literally the most revolutionary product for the pro video industry", in your opinion???
Apr 17, 2016, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the Fish
I wanted to post some photos that Barry Blanchard took at the M600/RoninMX intro.
Apr 17, 2016, 10:40 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Great pictures. This M600 with the A3pro is really going to be a game changer.
Apr 17, 2016, 10:56 PM
Cleared for take off...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
Great pictures. This M600 with the A3pro is really going to be a game changer.
Agreed

Now a quick question, can you use your own independent TX's or is it controlled by the Inspire TX/variant?

Quick Reply