Apr 20, 2016, 11:19 AM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Hey that's awesome but I just crashed an S900 A2 because of a lost prop...A2 did not recover. Have you guys tested losing 1 of two folding props in addition to being in POI mode?? I've seen all of the videos where it recovers after losing an entire motor or both props but haven't seen this situation tested. Please do so if you haven't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
Five aircraft can be controlled at the same time. I just love that.
I also really like the way it automatically goes into course lock mode if you lose a motor or prop.

Too cool.

Dave
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2016, 11:48 AM
RP-sUAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago
Slightly OT: Does the Matric 600 require the DJI LB2 radio...since LB2 is built into it. If you can use your own radio (ie Futaba 14SG) will you lose the ability to control the LB2? Or can we now operate the LB2 with own radio via the A3???
Not possible to do what you're getting at.

A3 is compatible with SBus radio systems but in order to use one for control of the craft you'd have to forego the entire, built-in, LB2 system.

The only option on M600 that I can see from this angle is to use LB2 for control and video feed, while using one of the supported gimbals hooked directly to a sbus receiver for gimbal control. And of course, it can't be a 2.4ghz system, since LB2 is using that.

And, at that point you'd have defeated almost the entire point of this particular craft.
Apr 20, 2016, 12:00 PM
So the Matrice 600 requires the LB2 radio-transmitter (not your own Futaba etc) in order to operate the entire device...copter & LB2 control.

And if you try to use an SBUS radio-transmitter as the sole controller for the M600 you wouldn't be able to operate the LB2 (without finagling something).

Which almost rules out using M600 as a single operator because you wouldn't be able to pan and tilt the gimbal simultaneously given the LB2 radio dial configuration.

Got it, thanks that answers my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloJustin
Not possible to do what you're getting at.

A3 is compatible with SBus radio systems but in order to use one for control of the craft you'd have to forego the entire, built-in, LB2 system.

The only option on M600 that I can see from this angle is to use LB2 for control and video feed, while using one of the supported gimbals hooked directly to a sbus receiver for gimbal control. And of course, it can't be a 2.4ghz system, since LB2 is using that.

And, at that point you'd have defeated almost the entire point of this particular craft.
Last edited by AdamChicago; Apr 20, 2016 at 12:07 PM.
Apr 20, 2016, 12:08 PM
RP-sUAS
Quote:
So the Matrice 600 requires the LB2 radio-transmitter (not your own Futaba etc) in order to operate the entire device...copter & LB2 control.

And if you try to use an SBUS radio as the sole controller for the M600 you wouldn't be able to operate the LB2 (without finagling something).

Got it, thanks that answers my question.
Yes. I suppose its also possible that the M600 uses a "locked" or modified version of A3 which only works with it's included LB2 radio system. But I've not seen any reason to believe that.

Its probably helpful to think of it in terms of, say, an Inspire 1 that was running an A2 flight controller rather then the actual inspire FC... You could connect the A2 to a third party receiver and bind to your tx of choice, set it up in A2 assistant and all, but then you'd have no go app and associated camera controls, no HD link. It would just defeat the purpose of the craft.
Apr 20, 2016, 12:25 PM
Without dragging this out too much, I'm only trying determine if the M600 requires the LB2 radio and that's it.

I'm a single operator and would not be able to use the M600 because the LB2 radio (as a single operator) doesn't allow for full ability to operate the gimbal (ie smooth pan and tilt from the controlling radio-transmitter via sliders or 3rd party joystick)

If the M600 were sold without the LB2 and I could setup my own radio-tranmitter as I currently do with an S900/A2 then I'd consider purchasing it...well when I have the cash that is

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloJustin
Yes. I suppose its also possible that the M600 uses a "locked" or modified version of A3 which only works with it's included LB2 radio system. But I've not seen any reason to believe that.

Its probably helpful to think of it in terms of, say, an Inspire 1 that was running an A2 flight controller rather then the actual inspire FC... You could connect the A2 to a third party receiver and bind to your tx of choice, set it up in A2 assistant and all, but then you'd have no go app and associated camera controls, no HD link. It would just defeat the purpose of the craft.
Last edited by AdamChicago; Apr 20, 2016 at 12:34 PM.
Apr 20, 2016, 05:29 PM
The A3 PMU module provides 9 V, 3 A instead of 5 V in the case of the A2. So probably we can omit the LB2 BEC. That would be very nice.
Best regards,
Wilhelm
Apr 20, 2016, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon11
i agree , this make the game changers a no no....36 battery to charge:9...game changer? no way. just a way to unload the dji container of 100000 of inspire battery unsold
i think the m600 is for the high end big bucks pro film rig where money is no problem....the a3 on the other hand is more for us well for me anyways, i can still use my stock of 6s lipos and make a nice fail safe self build hexa ...
Apr 20, 2016, 06:41 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Hey that's awesome but I just crashed an S900 A2 because of a lost prop...A2 did not recover. Have you guys tested losing 1 of two folding props in addition to being in POI mode?? I've seen all of the videos where it recovers after losing an entire motor or both props but haven't seen this situation tested. Please do so if you haven't!
Not sure if we have done that, I will send an e-mail with your request.

Dave
Apr 20, 2016, 06:47 PM
DWA
DWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameraj
If you want seven flights like most aerial jobs out there your going to spend $7000
In batteries �� Plus extra chargers. Wow I thought freefly batteries where expensive. And if they work as well as my smart phantom batteries do or inspire ones Not . I'm sure they figured all that out
Most jobs I do not need seven flights.

Also you are forgetting flight time...

Right now I get about 10 min flying my X5R on my Inspire for each flight. With the M600 I will get over 30 min flying my X5R for each flight.
Apr 20, 2016, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
Most jobs I do not need seven flights.

Also you are forgetting flight time...

Right now I get about 10 min flying my X5R on my Inspire for each flight. With the M600 I will get over 30 min flying my X5R for each flight.
Most jobs DO require around 8 flights because clients are usually paying for a shooting day, where 8-10 flights are quite standard. And while you can fly for half an hour with X5, I'm more concerned about flying with RED/Alexa, where flight times will be something around 10 minutes (of actual flying, not hovering in no wind conditions). So even though the M600 + Ronin Mx combo is really reasonably priced, we will have to shell a ton of money for DJI batteries and charging stations (where they come out), which will bring the M600 more into Alta price range.
Apr 20, 2016, 08:53 PM
DWA
DWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordPikaChu
Most jobs DO require around 8 flights because clients are usually paying for a shooting day, where 8-10 flights are quite standard. And while you can fly for half an hour with X5, I'm more concerned about flying with RED/Alexa, where flight times will be something around 10 minutes (of actual flying, not hovering in no wind conditions). So even though the M600 + Ronin Mx combo is really reasonably priced, we will have to shell a ton of money for DJI batteries and charging stations (where they come out), which will bring the M600 more into Alta price range.
Whatever. Some do, if yours do then you are making plenty of money. If not, you are not charging enough. You can also write it off as a business expense. For my tax bracket that is about 49% discount...

If it is not for you then fine. I will not argue about it.

Dave
Last edited by DWA; Apr 21, 2016 at 03:58 PM.
Apr 20, 2016, 09:49 PM
Thank you! I have some additional info you may be interested regarding the structural integrity of the E1200 motor mount when under single prop asymmetric loading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
Not sure if we have done that, I will send an e-mail with your request.

Dave
Apr 20, 2016, 10:05 PM
DWA
DWA
Quote:
Thank you! I have some additional info you may be interested regarding the structural integrity of the E1200 motor mount when under single prop asymmetric loading.
That would be great. If you want PM it to me and I will copy and past it into an e-mail for the DJI propulsion guys.

Dave
Apr 20, 2016, 10:20 PM
Is iOSD Mark II and current iPad GS Datalink compatible with A3? I want to purchase the A3 but don't want to be grounded if its not compatible with these components which are currently on my S900 and the new versions are not yet available for sale (ie Datalink Pro)
Apr 20, 2016, 11:00 PM
You have PM...thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
That would be great. If you want PM it to me and I will copy and past it into an e-mail for the DJI propulsion guys.

Dave