Official DJI A3 ***Owner's Thread*** - Page 3 - RC Groups
Apr 18, 2016, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom604
If the M600 can be able to hold position without GPS or VPS ... now thats innovation for the masses.
It's impossible with MEMs sensors. After just a few seconds noise saturates IMUs. Three can definitely help with precision though, but sooner or later a GPS or VPS is needed.

Any ETA on the A3Pro and RTK GPS? That combination looks awesome.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2016, 01:32 PM
US Support / 107 Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennings
It's impossible with MEMs sensors. After just a few seconds noise saturates IMUs. Three can definitely help with precision though, but sooner or later a GPS or VPS is needed.

Any ETA on the A3Pro and RTK GPS? That combination looks awesome.
Guys expect all your answers to be answered in the next few days.. Most of us don't handle prices and when combos are going to be released.
Latest blog entry: Mavic CrystalSky Mount
Apr 18, 2016, 01:34 PM
Apr 18, 2016, 01:57 PM
Looks good, I ordered mine.

My assumption is that we get all aspects of the go app as well as flight controls when using the LB2 module so I ordered the combo.

Steve
Apr 18, 2016, 02:03 PM
Matrice 600 + X5R + A3Pro + LB2 + RTK GPS + SDK + Phantom/Inspire apps?
Now that wouldn't be cheap but man ... absolutely killer.
Apr 18, 2016, 02:10 PM
RIP Charlie T. Wilbury, Jr.
Quote:

Yep the game just changed.

Integration on a level never seen before, this a basically the RTF for the Pro world and its fracking awesome.
Apr 18, 2016, 02:14 PM
The Ground is the Limit
Quote:

New controller and Matrice branding but no mention of VISION system?

Gen 2 - DJI Guidance (Vision/Tracking in 360) ... combo'd with a Gen 2 Manifold "companion computer". Tracking for professional hand held ground gimbal would also be a game changer for film making.
Apr 18, 2016, 02:26 PM
Looking at the pictures I hope DJI will sell the X5/X5R camera/Gimbal that will mount onto a S900. I would for sure go for the upgrade to A3/LB2/X5/X5R
Apr 18, 2016, 02:34 PM
Does the new ground station application have mapping features like Mission Planner?
Apr 18, 2016, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
We will need to ask.. I have only used it with single and two attached imu's.
Thinking about my original question further, I can see why it might need the two additional GPS units and IMUs... if there are only two total of each, there is no way to form a majority and decide which sensor is faulty. So with three gps's/IMUs, two sensors reporting the same data trump the third which is reporting erroneous data.

Just a guess, but makes sense to me.
Apr 18, 2016, 08:05 PM
US Support / 107 Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloJustin
Thinking about my original question further, I can see why it might need the two additional GPS units and IMUs... if there are only two total of each, there is no way to form a majority and decide which sensor is faulty. So with three gps's/IMUs, two sensors reporting the same data trump the third which is reporting erroneous data.

Just a guess, but makes sense to me.
I do know from talking with the PM, you can do redundancy with 2imu's (p4) but it's much faster and reliable with 3. I do think 3 is required for the a3 logic, I will confirm this sometime this week.
Latest blog entry: Mavic CrystalSky Mount
Apr 19, 2016, 06:24 AM
any news on a 6 way charger for this birdy??and is it 27000mah drawing power from all 6 lipo's or drawing power from a signal lipo and swapping over to the next lipo when it gets low??..6 lipo's tb47 166 x 6 = 996

the price dji charge for lipo's is crazy 28 for a 5000mah 6s 20c lipo + the smart bit that could be built into the system rather than the lipo amounts to $$$$$$
Apr 19, 2016, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woobirdy
any news on a 6 way charger for this birdy??and is it 27000mah drawing power from all 6 lipo's or drawing power from a signal lipo and swapping over to the next lipo when it gets low??..6 lipo's tb47 166 x 6 = 996

the price dji charge for lipo's is crazy 28 for a 5000mah 6s 20c lipo + the smart bit that could be built into the system rather than the lipo amounts to $$$$$$
If you want seven flights like most aerial jobs out there your going to spend $7000
In batteries �� Plus extra chargers. Wow I thought freefly batteries where expensive. And if they work as well as my smart phantom batteries do or inspire ones Not . I'm sure they figured all that out
Apr 19, 2016, 11:26 AM
my next question is, how do we connect the smart ESC to the data port?

Will DJI come out with a hub to plug them all into and then that goes into the A3?

Thanks
Apr 19, 2016, 11:35 AM
I will order an A3. I believe that in combination with LB2 it has a great potential.
Hopefully they implement some sliders, potentiometers and switches in the GO app, which allow usage of the eight F-ports.
Best regards,
Wilhelm