Official DJI A3 ***Owner's Thread*** - Page 2 - RC Groups
Apr 18, 2016, 03:31 AM
Is the triple fault tolerant GPS a voting architecture?

Seems the flight controller with a single GPS is $900, add in Lightbridge and it's $2,000
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2016, 04:11 AM
Now the A2 is at a bargain price of $539, while the WooKong remains at $999.

I wonder what the A3 add-on GPS/IMU units will cost. Does the addition of these "pro" add-ons provide only redundancy or is there a position accuracy benefit as well?
Apr 18, 2016, 05:19 AM
RIP Charlie T. Wilbury, Jr.
Looks an impressive step forward for very expensive rigs, that's a lot of redundancy.

Very interesting indeed.
Apr 18, 2016, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Yes x3 all the way up to the Ronin-MX. Avg flight time with an x5 is 30-35min.

I will be requesting one of these mounts to throw on the s900 with a3.
Will they sell these mounts?
Apr 18, 2016, 05:35 AM
subbbbberd
Apr 18, 2016, 05:53 AM
Blade what essential differences can you see that make the LB2 more useable as those of us with LB2 had really high hopes that the A3 would bring more functionality to LB2 ??

and when will there be a Matrice s600 thread lol
Apr 18, 2016, 09:00 AM
Man I'd love to be all over this with lb2 for my TBS

Sadly wrong market and price.

Very nice work indeed.
Apr 18, 2016, 09:16 AM
US Support / 107 Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrophantom
Blade what essential differences can you see that make the LB2 more useable as those of us with LB2 had really high hopes that the A3 would bring more functionality to LB2 ??

and when will there be a Matrice s600 thread lol
Currently still in testing and I don't want to say what's there or not. Once I know what will be kept or removed I will definitely let you all know.
Latest blog entry: Mavic CrystalSky Mount
Apr 18, 2016, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Currently still in testing and I don't want to say what's there or not. Once I know what will be kept or removed I will definitely let you all know.
cheers Blade, exciting stuff thats for sure
Apr 18, 2016, 11:22 AM
If it adds to LB2, I'll be buying... I like the redundancy, although we still need to see the upgrade kit prices. Looks like maybe we can use X3/X5 on a diy platform with A3 plus LB2 but I'm not sure of that.

Blade/Ed, in all the docs and pics I only see A3 configured with single IMU and GPS or triple... Is there an option to use two GPS and two IMUs?
Apr 18, 2016, 11:38 AM
US Support / 107 Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloJustin
If it adds to LB2, I'll be buying... I like the redundancy, although we still need to see the upgrade kit prices. Looks like maybe we can use X3/X5 on a diy platform with A3 plus LB2 but I'm not sure of that.

Blade/Ed, in all the docs and pics I only see A3 configured with single IMU and GPS or triple... Is there an option to use two GPS and two IMUs?
We will need to ask.. I have only used it with single and two attached imu's.
Latest blog entry: Mavic CrystalSky Mount
Apr 18, 2016, 12:05 PM
The Ground is the Limit
With triple IMUs .... Is the system just for redundancy or will the IMU's be used for an Inertial Navigation System?

If the M600 can be able to hold position without GPS or VPS ... now thats innovation for the masses.

Inertial Guidance System.wmv (5 min 23 sec)
Apr 18, 2016, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom604
With triple IMUs .... Is the system just for redundancy or will the IMU's be used for an Inertial Navigation System?

If the M600 can be able to hold position without GPS or VPS ... now thats innovation for the masses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekzwbt3hu2k

Looking at the video and what they have done with the P4 I'd say it's redundancy with constant data comparison.
Apr 18, 2016, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
Looking at the video and what they have done with the P4 I'd say it's redundancy with constant data comparison.
i think the video, or one of them, shows that im sure but could be wrong
Apr 18, 2016, 12:41 PM
Nice