Jun 15, 2017, 10:46 AM
Aviator are you running the DJI ESC? or your own?

Also what FW are you running?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2017, 08:25 AM

iesc port a3 update esc firmware

I use dji 1240X ESC (round esc from e2000) there is JST connector with 2 pin, white and grey..

Can I Setting all the function of dji intelligent esc through iesc port on A3? (update firmware, change Led collor, ect)

iesc port is same with dji esc updater??
if same, how to connect with dji ESC Assistant v1.6 ?

if I can setup the esc,, is it ok if I setup one by one ? or I have to setup simultaneously?

thanks
Jun 16, 2017, 09:35 AM
If it helps I have the 640x esc (for the e1200) and I tried to update all the ESC through the assistant 2.

It does not work, as a matter of fact it reverts all the ESC to a previous version and then the A3 does not recognise them.

So I had to use the esc updater to put them all back to 1.5 version FW manually and then the FC was happy again.

Steve
Jun 16, 2017, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg
If it helps I have the 640x esc (for the e1200) and I tried to update all the ESC through the assistant 2.

It does not work, as a matter of fact it reverts all the ESC to a previous version and then the A3 does not recognise them.

So I had to use the esc updater to put them all back to 1.5 version FW manually and then the FC was happy again.

Steve
thanks ,
so maybe I have to buy esc updater?
the weird think is,, my esc setting on dji assistant2 is set to "Other DJI" To make it work.. If I choose "Dji intellegent esc" the motor won't spin,, there is warning "error esc" on DJI GO ..

looks like the A3 not recognize the DJI 1240X ESC ,, the led is always green,,,
I want the esc led looks like dji Phantom led,,
where every collor become an indicator.

thanks
Jun 16, 2017, 03:59 PM
I don't know if the updater will work with 1240x
Jun 16, 2017, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Aviator are you running the DJI ESC? or your own?

Also what FW are you running?
Just using whatever is fitted in the S900 from factory
Jun 19, 2017, 12:09 AM
Gents,
We had a 2014-ish S1000 working fine with an A2, Z-15-5D gimbal and the data downlink. We changed to the A3 Pro with lightbridge 2 but I can't get the new Z15-5D III (HD) to work. Spent too many late nights updating firmware and searching the web.

Notes on page 17 of the lightbridge manual say a can bus cable isn't required but the detail on page 18 shows a connection from the gimbal to the A3. The gimbal drifts slowly until jamming at the stops when powered up. According to my reading that is a CAN issue. I see one online vendor includes a new-to-old style CAN cable in their builds.

Do I need it and where can I get one overnight?
Jun 19, 2017, 11:36 AM
DJI Testing / US Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Monkey
Gents,
We had a 2014-ish S1000 working fine with an A2, Z-15-5D gimbal and the data downlink. We changed to the A3 Pro with lightbridge 2 but I can't get the new Z15-5D III (HD) to work. Spent too many late nights updating firmware and searching the web.

Notes on page 17 of the lightbridge manual say a can bus cable isn't required but the detail on page 18 shows a connection from the gimbal to the A3. The gimbal drifts slowly until jamming at the stops when powered up. According to my reading that is a CAN issue. I see one online vendor includes a new-to-old style CAN cable in their builds.

Do I need it and where can I get one overnight?
Should be included in the a3
Latest blog entry: QUICK TIPS - Spark
Jun 19, 2017, 01:45 PM
Hopefully I have the fix coming. The only way to get a cable with the old style CAN plug (for the Z15) on one end and the new style (for the A3) is to buy a whole adapter kit that is for the M600.
http://www.dronenerds.com/products/m...part2-dji.html

DJI needs to include the one 4-pin cable in the Z15-5D III (HD) gimbal kit.
Jun 19, 2017, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Should be included in the a3
I'll double check blade but I couldn't find it in the "extras" tote.
Jun 20, 2017, 12:42 AM

A3 Pro "twitch" during flight

Good day everyone,

Can someone help me view the data logs from the IOSD MKII, and let me know what they find out (we cant open up the files on our PC)?

Here is the link to the data log downloads:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...3oxaFdZRTZzaFE

We flew our A3 Pro drone today w/ the latest firmware and during 2x flights the systems “twitched”? For example at right stick at 1/4 consistent speed, while traveling, it jerked/twitched for a split second and keep going like it was before the twitch.

We fly the WKM and have never had this happen so we are very concerned, especial with an expensive heavy drone... below is our drone info.

Flight controller: A3 Pro (everything is confirmed to the best of our knowledge - its flies great).
Airframe: X8 - 1000mm (we tried the under 1000mm A3 gain setting and also the 1200mm)
Weight tested: 40lbs
Motors: KDE 5215 430 KV
ESC: KDE 95amp HV (stock settings per KDE for A3)
Props: Tiger 18” Carbon

The above set up works perfect on WKM, its flying perfect on A3 minus this “twitch”, I need your help figuring out whats wrong with the A3.

Thanks, Jason
Jun 20, 2017, 07:52 AM
Interesting re twitching. I realize that my experience is with a NAZA V2 NOT the A3, however, it is on a Tarot 680Pro, all up weight about 7 lbs.

I experienced "twitching" for a few flights exactly as you described. Using AFRO 30 amp escs that have been perfect for 3 years.

It took a lot of testing and diagnosing esc connections, resoldering but the problem finally showed up when performing an individual motor test through DJI Assistant. Tried re-calibrating ESCs and checked everything but could not find anything conclusive until....

Problem turned out to be 2 motors that did not start up the same as the others during Assistant individual motor test function. All motors started , but 2 did not spin as fast as the other motors, so swapped out the ESCs and the problem went away.

Seemed my problem was that 2 escs were failing over time.

The twitch was very disconcerting as you get used to the sounds your aircraft makes and when something changes, I get very concerned in flight and get it back down on the ground before a crash.

I know my problem was with a different FC but what you are experiencing sounds exactly like what I encountered.
Jun 20, 2017, 11:19 AM
If you don't find one let me know I have loads of them I think I can send you one for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Monkey
Hopefully I have the fix coming. The only way to get a cable with the old style CAN plug (for the Z15) on one end and the new style (for the A3) is to buy a whole adapter kit that is for the M600.
http://www.dronenerds.com/products/m...part2-dji.html

DJI needs to include the one 4-pin cable in the Z15-5D III (HD) gimbal kit.
Jun 20, 2017, 11:21 AM
Is this perhaps happening when it changes what compass and gps it is using? I thought I read this was happening on the A3 pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tother
Good day everyone,

Can someone help me view the data logs from the IOSD MKII, and let me know what they find out (we cant open up the files on our PC)?

Here is the link to the data log downloads:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...3oxaFdZRTZzaFE

We flew our A3 Pro drone today w/ the latest firmware and during 2x flights the systems “twitched”? For example at right stick at 1/4 consistent speed, while traveling, it jerked/twitched for a split second and keep going like it was before the twitch.

We fly the WKM and have never had this happen so we are very concerned, especial with an expensive heavy drone... below is our drone info.

Flight controller: A3 Pro (everything is confirmed to the best of our knowledge - its flies great).
Airframe: X8 - 1000mm (we tried the under 1000mm A3 gain setting and also the 1200mm)
Weight tested: 40lbs
Motors: KDE 5215 430 KV
ESC: KDE 95amp HV (stock settings per KDE for A3)
Props: Tiger 18” Carbon

The above set up works perfect on WKM, its flying perfect on A3 minus this “twitch”, I need your help figuring out whats wrong with the A3.

Thanks, Jason
Jun 20, 2017, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Is this perhaps happening when it changes what compass and gps it is using? I thought I read this was happening on the A3 pro.
That could be it.

Its in GPS and its like it lost signal for a split second and when to failsafe (stopped), then resumed again and all within a 1/2 sec or so, happened twice during the flights.

Hope someone can open up the IOSD MKII files in previous message and find something out?