Apr 23, 2016, 01:27 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
I would love to speak with the Brand Manager for the LB2, would just love to have that discussion.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 23, 2016, 01:29 PM
dude we're talking LB2 + M600, not LB2+A3...you're fighting the wrong fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
LB 2is not Intergraded into the A3 FC, it's deigned to work with LB2 hand in hand and it has SBUS

You can buy with standalone A3 or with he LB2 package

Apr 23, 2016, 01:30 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago
dude we're talking LB2 + M600, not LB2+A3...you're fighting the wrong fight.

Wrong thread
Apr 23, 2016, 01:34 PM
So you think this is just us stubborn goats not accepting new technology yet I'm flying an S900/Zenmusse-GH4/A2 while editing on the latest version of Adobe After Effects and Sony Vegas Pro...hmmm, technology doesn't seem to be the issue here.

Can I ask, does needing to pan/tilt a Zenmuse gimbal on the same controller make me un-accepting of new technology or someone who wants better quality videography?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg
Blade, it is my assumption that the A3 controller will work with all of the go apps as well as third-party apps that of been created, have you confirmed this on your test unit?

if this is the case this system is perfect for us and others who like the simple transmitter.

Most old school guys like the complex transmitters, newcomers love the simple ones. DJI is catering to the newbies.

I used to be in the camp of wanting a crazy futaba tx but now I see the light bridge

Yeah I will still have my custom dual op rig with connex and overly complex transmitters but my clients get overwhelmed when faced with a million switches so selling that is not easy compared to the "toy" Tx that is actually quite a marvel of tech.

I am curious however what cabling will be available to connect the DJI camera to light bridge 2? Likely this already exists?
Apr 23, 2016, 01:36 PM
There wasn't an M600 thread when this conversation started on April 18th so it's bleeding into the A3 thread longer than it probably should, I get it, but that doesn't negate the point regarding LB2+M600.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
Wrong thread
Apr 23, 2016, 01:38 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade

Official DJI A3 ***Owner's Thread***

Just order it 😜
Apr 23, 2016, 01:40 PM
I'm excited to use LB2 in a dual setup, but I can understand the frustration for single ops. In my experience, it's always worth getting a second op for camera. Even if you can handle the controls on one remote, splitting the work between two people drastically improves shot quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwood
Agreed. It looks like LB2 is really a dual system. That's fine. A lot of pro work is dual but I also do a lot of single. Sounds like I'm not the only one. I guess we're making a point of it because we want DJI to hear us.

The M600 isn't for me but it looks like the A3 is as long as it addresses the X8 drop issue in the A2. The A3 has S.BUS so I can run single and dual setups on the same rigs with Connex and 14SG radios. The RTK setup sounds really interesting. I want to try it on set.

Anyone testing an X8 with A3 or planning to?
I'll be throwing mine on a heavy lift x8 as soon as it gets here. The copter is just sitting on desk waiting.
Apr 23, 2016, 02:19 PM
For the small local aerial-op guy its much easier to plan your own schedule versus scheduling around someone else and additionally its 100% the profit, project selection etc. Now having a separate video editor would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
I'm excited to use LB2 in a dual setup, but I can understand the frustration for single ops. In my experience, it's always worth getting a second op for camera. Even if you can handle the controls on one remote, splitting the work between two people drastically improves shot quality.

I'll be throwing mine on a heavy lift x8 as soon as it gets here. The copter is just sitting on desk waiting.
Apr 23, 2016, 03:37 PM
so how do i hook up lb2?? mine's not the same as the one in the photos from dji, buts its an a3 alright ??
Apr 23, 2016, 03:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by woobirdy
so how do i hook up lb2?? mine's not the same as the one in the photos from dji, buts its an a3 alright ??
Classic
Apr 23, 2016, 06:56 PM
nope not at all... just saying they are catering to the masses for business reasons.

If you are asking my opinion it's safer and better to use a dual op system whenever possible.

using Lichi it's super easy to single op... but that does not work so good when following a car etc.

I feel your pain but that's just not the direction DJI took.

To each their own.

Quote:
So you think this is just us stubborn goats not accepting new technology yet I'm flying an S900/Zenmusse-GH4/A2 while editing on the latest version of Adobe After Effects and Sony Vegas Pro...hmmm, technology doesn't seem to be the issue here.

Can I ask, does needing to pan/tilt a Zenmuse gimbal on the same controller make me un-accepting of new technology or someone who wants better quality videography?
Apr 23, 2016, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg
nope not at all... just saying they are catering to the masses for business reasons.

If you are asking my opinion it's safer and better to use a dual op system whenever possible.

using Lichi it's super easy to single op... but that does not work so good when following a car etc.

I feel your pain but that's just not the direction DJI took.

To each their own.
For folowing a car, one wouldn't use Litchi, but Autoflight,,

This thing would almost argue for a 2-tx tray.. Especially when using apps like Autoflight. You can still quickly switch to the controlling tx when needing to, but control the gimbal with the second while the app is doing the chase.
Besides, a stick will always be better than any tx side slider or pot on top.

Not saying this is something of a work-around, but so is controlling gimbal pitch and yaw while actively controlling a copter at the same time..

Hoping that DJI tech listens though and curious what solution they may come up with!
Apr 23, 2016, 11:03 PM
sillygoo.se
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
In my experience, it's always worth getting a second op for camera. Even if you can handle the controls on one remote, splitting the work between two people drastically improves shot quality.

Not always. There are times when I shoot dual and would actually prefer to have full control. I work with very talented drone operators but sometimes the communication on the ground doesn't translate into the motion I want from the drone.

Sweet! Keep us posted!

Quote:
For the small local aerial-op guy its much easier to plan your own schedule versus scheduling around someone else and additionally its 100% the profit.
Very valid points. I've had a few occasions recently when my preferred drone operators are booked on the days I need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk
For folowing a car, one wouldn't use Litchi, but Autoflight,,

This thing would almost argue for a 2-tx tray.. Especially when using apps like Autoflight. You can still quickly switch to the controlling tx when needing to, but control the gimbal with the second while the app is doing the chase.
Besides, a stick will always be better than any tx side slider or pot on top.
For moving subjects, this is very true. Autopilot is good in certain circumstances for moving subjects. But for static subjects, VFX plates, establishing shots, etc., I want 100% perfectly consistent motion on all axes for the duration of the shot. Dials are perfect for this.
Apr 24, 2016, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwood
For moving subjects, this is very true. Autopilot is good in certain circumstances for moving subjects. But for static subjects, VFX plates, establishing shots, etc., I want 100% perfectly consistent motion on all axes for the duration of the shot. Dials are perfect for this.
I agree, a dial would work like "glide cam". Even more steady than a hand on the stick..
Apr 24, 2016, 02:24 PM
I hope there are some early orders from this group because I'm eager to see some reviews and video. Specifically the M2000 extended flight times and GPS stability (for pro setups).

Quick Reply