Apr 08, 2020, 02:33 AM
Quadaholic
Hi Markus, yes I noticed you did that. On my quad it would block the battery strap. How is your strap running (or is there enough clearance for both wire and strap)?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2020, 04:25 AM
I use 5 mm spacers to give enough clearance for both.
Apr 08, 2020, 04:32 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_ober
Run yr 6S motors on a big 4S battery with 7" tri blade props. That would be big.
Yes, I tried that out last year with HQ 7" triblades. Found the 7" props too draggy for
open flying out at the club field but fun in a smaller area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by --Oz--
Thanks guys, with your suggestions, I think I will drill a hole and secure it with a zip tie. The problem is the 4n1 battery tabs hang past the cf, but I think it will still work. My plan is to go straight down, then zip tie around the first 2mm plate with a drilled hole (about 8mm back from edge, not there yet), then bend 90 away (shrink tubing around wires where the zip tie will be).
Oz, are you building a custom skinny armed Raptor, or a frame of your own design?
Apr 08, 2020, 07:35 PM
Does anyone know if big gles is still making/selling vert1gos? I’ve pm’d him a couple times and haven’t heard back...haven’t seen them up on armattanproductions either. It’s still my favorite flyer...
Apr 08, 2020, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Battery sale again, TG and panthers.
4S-1300-75c $14 shipped, free shipping on $100+, cant beat that.
Panther
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/2020-big...e-panther.html
TG
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/2020-big...-graphene.html
Is it just me or is HobbyKing so excruciatingly slow that it feels like itís being hosted off of a 286 with 8 meg of ram?
Apr 08, 2020, 07:47 PM
Wut wut wut
I PMed you his email. I PMed him a month or two ago asking if he was still cutting frames, specfically about a vert1go and some other frame, he said yes but asked me to email him the request... and I failed to do so. But seems like he prefers email, so maybe give that a shot... maybe he just doesn't check rcgroups frequently. I know I've missed PMs here.
Apr 08, 2020, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the info bex...a q for the group, is there a consensus on what 6s batteries have the best power to weight...I was thinking of from around 750mAh to 1200mAh or so.
Apr 08, 2020, 08:28 PM
Quadaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcambond
Is it just me or is HobbyKing so excruciatingly slow that it feels like itís being hosted off of a 286 with 8 meg of ram?
Haha, we have a old guy My 8086 4MHz had 512 ram.
I miss playing grand prix legends, and grand prix on my two 486-25 with serial connection between them, we raced all night.
I been playing Unreal Tournament 2020 (its free here https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/) on my low cost xeon e5-2689/32gb/rx580 system.

I just tried HK and it took about 4 sec to bring up a new page, my internet speed is 70down/10up.
My batteries should be here today.
Apr 08, 2020, 08:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcambond
Does anyone know if big gles is still making/selling vert1gos? Iíve pmíd him a couple times and havenít heard back...havenít seen them up on armattanproductions either. Itís still my favorite flyer...
I got a couple of small frames cut by him a few weeks back. He mentioned he was v busy and didn't often check RCG
Apr 08, 2020, 10:23 PM
Quadaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR74
Oz, are you building a custom skinny armed Raptor, or a frame of your own design?
mmmm, yea

Quote:
The group came out together for a really nice day and pics.
Awesome work.
Question: the top mounted battery to me makes a lot of sense, the battery and motor weight are all in a line (lower pmoi), I would think/guess it does tighter rolls/flips. Do you notice this with top mounting the battery? Or anything else (pros/cons)

If you look at my low roll video, you can see the slow mo, a hover to a single flip, the quad moves over at least half the width of the quad (more of a cork-screw), watch start to stop position, I keyed up the video where one slowmo roll is easy to see https://youtu.be/uku7cEiqVIo?t=49
Apr 08, 2020, 11:29 PM
Quadaholic
Thanks guys, I think this will work, its not super clean, but I am planning on adjusting the stack in the near future. This short leads and the deans makes it a one hand plug/unplug (dont need to hold both connectors), super convenient.
Apr 09, 2020, 06:56 AM
Quote:

Question: the top mounted battery to me makes a lot of sense, the battery and motor weight are all in a line (lower pmoi), I would think/guess it does tighter rolls/flips. Do you notice this with top mounting the battery? Or anything else (pros/cons)
With top mount battery I can build lighter.
Last edited by gc_ober; Apr 09, 2020 at 11:43 AM.
Apr 12, 2020, 10:29 AM
Quote:
With top mount battery I can build lighter.
Speaking of lighter, I received two 850mah, 4S batteries with XT-30 connectors. I planned to change these over to XT-60 but decided to keep XT-30 and use these for the 2205 only. I shortened the battery leads and weighed the batteries at 94g; about 10g less than expected. I thought these might be mislabeled 750mah and expected this to show up in the IR measured. But the IR on these battery cells was excellent.

I flew my 234mm, 2205 with these batteries and Avan Flows. The overall performance is the best I have.

Happy Easter.
Last edited by gc_ober; Apr 12, 2020 at 11:29 AM.
Apr 12, 2020, 11:33 AM
Wut wut wut
What battery?

Quick Reply