SEFF 2016 - Spektrum DX20

The DX20 is Spektrum's new flagship radio and it comes with premium features and an all new look...

Splash

We go hands on with the new DX20 radio

The DX20 is Spektrum's new flagship radio and it comes with premium features like real carbon fiber, metal gimbals, leather side grips and features an all new look. Mike McConville pulls out a prototype at the Horizon Hobby tent for us to take a look at. We got our hands on it and the gimbals are great and the radio just feels right in our hands. The case it comes with is premium as well, it was solid and robust and should last a lifetime. Learn more about the Spektrum DX20 radio at Horizon Hobby.

Apr 15, 2016, 08:17 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Can't wait to see it in person, SpektrumRc has End of May ETA now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpektrumRC
Due Late May, 2016
Last edited by freechip; Apr 15, 2016 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Can't not can
Apr 15, 2016, 08:39 AM
Prying Open My Third Eye
The gimbals are nice but... real carbon fiber and leather grips... really?
How about updating the dated LCD instead of just making it bigger and prettier?

Don't get me wrong I love my Spektrum's ... been using one since the first DX7 but I see nothing innovative with their new offering.
Apr 15, 2016, 08:47 AM
Did you watch the video to listen to what Mike said and what myself and other ALWAYS tell folks who are looking into upgrading or buying a Spektrum or any radio for that matter.

HOW IT FEELS in your hands is very important, one should never over look this.

This new offering from Spektrum is all about how it feels....
Aluminum Gimbals, leather customizable grips and ergonamics of the radio.....

What highend car manufacturer doesn't have a model with Carbon Fiber, how many folks upgrade parts with Carbon. Ever since the Black Edition radios came out folks were asking for carbon...

Now they have an option to pick from....

The cool thing is that folks don't have to buy it if it's not for them.

Lots of talk about this in the other thread but it got closed by OP due to pissing contest from other brand owners.
Apr 15, 2016, 09:32 AM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
A full color &higher res screen sure would've been a nice addition. Other than that, looks like a nice radio!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Apr 15, 2016, 09:59 AM
slo_dave....Maybe by innovation you mean say a screen above the gimbals or folding screen...two screens, one a status screen to use while you fly but a larger flip out screen up top for model setup.....maybe allowing the user to unscrew the facade so they can paint or wrap the cover how they like....carbon appeals to some....to some tech/engineering guys its like 'well carbon fiber has its place...but in non-load bearing structure...i may kinda look like a tool toting this thing around...' Prob with some mechanical updates is that in two years every transmitter has it....I thought about getting a JR tx based on an old review then saw another saying the gimbals from that "model are no longer that different from many budget models today". Plus if you have carbon fiber which is plastic/glue with a little graphite, whats really wrong with plastic for gimbals, no coatings to scratch...rigid enough.. (is it still bearings?, hall sensors?)....anyway opinions are like ###holes
Last edited by TheMustangOne; Apr 15, 2016 at 10:42 AM.
Apr 15, 2016, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetnz View Post
A full color &higher res screen sure would've been a nice addition. Other than that, looks like a nice radio!
Have you used a full color screen in daylight outdoor flying conditions?
\ I would not expect to see a screen any better at this, than my I phones or Samsung phones etc..
and they SUCK.
Apr 15, 2016, 01:19 PM
Am I the only one that think the radio looks ugly.
Sorry just my real feeling.
Apr 15, 2016, 01:23 PM
Beauty in the eye of the beholder, I'll wait until it's in my hands before I make up my mind.
Apr 15, 2016, 02:54 PM
or..beerholder....as they say
Apr 15, 2016, 03:23 PM
I've loved my DX9 to this point and though I don't foresee myself getting the DX20, it's nice to see the possibility of higher quality gimbals to compete with JR gimbals without having to buy all-new receivers or have two totally different sets of equipment.
Apr 15, 2016, 06:21 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodaye View Post
Am I the only one that think the radio looks ugly.
you aren't. most people (except fanboys and reps) feel it ugly. If you're going to spend Jeti money, buy the Jeti
Apr 15, 2016, 06:25 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_dave View Post
How about updating the dated LCD instead of just making it bigger and prettier?
huge profit margin. it sells very well and they don't need to invest money on better displays.
Apr 15, 2016, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse View Post
you aren't. most people (except fanboys and reps) feel it ugly. If you're going to spend Jeti money, buy the Jeti
But how would i fly my spektrum stuff if i buy jeti?
Last edited by kuroguy; Apr 15, 2016 at 08:05 PM.
Apr 15, 2016, 08:18 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroguy View Post
But how would i fly my spektrum stuff if i buy jeti?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2235446

Quick Reply