Apr 21, 2016, 04:31 PM
wow I just seen this new walkera when I was planning to build mine 250 class. Now I am considering of getting one. Is it worth to buy this than building own? I have for it only Spektrum dx6i so nothing decided yet. What do you think?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2016, 04:44 PM
Depends what you want... me personally right now just want to fly with little headache.... it's extremely fast and is perfectly tuned in... For the price it costs.... I have another one on it's way for a field back-up...
Apr 21, 2016, 05:49 PM
Love it. Highly recommended. my advice is to leave your spectrum at home to get the RTF version with the transmitter already dialed in. It's not that much more money and it fits perfectly in the Box and everything is ready to go the moment it arrives.
Apr 21, 2016, 06:04 PM
i mentioned about spektrum only for building my own, and I use spektrum for planes and its obviously worthy to take RTF walkera, although I will skip fun with building, but as well I will skip a lot of frustration probably
Apr 21, 2016, 08:35 PM
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and pretty new when it comes to drones. I recently bought the f210 RTF after a long, hard debate over building my own. I am babying this until I have more control and confidence in my skill. I also have a nano qx 3d to practice with and not worry so much about crashing. I was given the nano along with a spektrum DX6.

My question is this - Can I replace Walkera's RX with the spektrum RX I received with the DX6? I'd prefer to use one TX and I am liking the DX6 more than the Devo 7. If it is possible, would there be a lot of tinkering with settings on the spektrum RX?

Thanks in advanced!
Apr 21, 2016, 08:40 PM
Breaking props
Or just put deviationtx onto the devo 7 and run both on that.
Apr 21, 2016, 08:47 PM
First thanks for the response! I feel silly that in all the research I've done over the past couple months I haven't read that it is possible to do something like this.

I also made a typo on my TX. I have a DX6 not 7. Is it still possible to add deviationtx and still have spektrums bands to work with my nano?
Apr 21, 2016, 08:48 PM
Basically unless your like an electronics expert... no.... even then if you were I don't think it's worth it.. about the only thing you can change are the motors which will still require you to solder the leads etc... I'm a speed freak and in my opinion i wouldn't even bother changing the motors... this thing is more than fast enough that it will be your ability to fly that has to catch up for a long time... Change the tx over to deviationtx as suggested...it's a better more reliable radio anyways....
Apr 21, 2016, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfisher
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and pretty new when it comes to drones. I recently bought the f210 RTF after a long, hard debate over building my own. I am babying this until I have more control and confidence in my skill. I also have a nano qx 3d to practice with and not worry so much about crashing. I was given the nano along with a spektrum DX6.

My question is this - Can I replace Walkera's RX with the spektrum RX I received with the DX6? I'd prefer to use one TX and I am liking the DX6 more than the Devo 7. If it is possible, would there be a lot of tinkering with settings on the spektrum RX?

Thanks in advanced!
The receiver in the F210 is propietary and built into a specific space on the drone. To add a spektrum would be difficult to say the least. If it were me, I'd just us the Transmitter that came with it. Already dialed in.
Apr 21, 2016, 08:50 PM
Breaking props
You said your running a devo 7 and a dx6? You can run deviation on the devo, not the spektrum. What is it you actually have? Lol I'm confused
Apr 21, 2016, 08:58 PM
I have the devo 7 that came with the walkera f210. I also have the spektrum dx6 that I got with my nano qx 3d.

I was looking to use only my spektrum dx6 for both quadcopters. It looks like I will be just sticking with both the Devo 7 and also my DX6 at the moment.

I appreciate the responses! and sorry for any confusion! Just trying to learn to much to fast I think...
Apr 22, 2016, 08:10 AM
You can use the Devo 7 with both if you upgrade the Devo to deviation. A much better option if you ask me. Deviation really opens up these tx's.
Apr 22, 2016, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie
You can use the Devo 7 with both if you upgrade the Devo to deviation. A much better option if you ask me. Deviation really opens up these tx's.
Can you explain a little more? Are you saying Deviation is something that's not already part of the Devo7? Optimally, can you share a link of what you're talking about. I now have 3 Devo7's and I always thought the Devo7e was needed if you wanted to mess around with other firmware's, mods, etc. This is possible on just the regular Devo7? Since I have extras I would like to start messing with 1 without fear of bricking my main TX.
Apr 22, 2016, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfisher
I have the devo 7 that came with the walkera f210. I also have the spektrum dx6 that I got with my nano qx 3d.

I was looking to use only my spektrum dx6 for both quadcopters. It looks like I will be just sticking with both the Devo 7 and also my DX6 at the moment.

I appreciate the responses! and sorry for any confusion! Just trying to learn to much to fast I think...
I've been really happy with the Devo7 / F210 combo. Tuned great right out of the box. I would recommend tighening the tension on the throttle though. A stable hover for me is about 28% throttle, and a slight bump up while turning and flying FPV and the next thing you know it's moved up to 50% and you a couple hundred feet in the air before you know it. I wish you could tighten it even more, but it's much much better after I put the tension up to maximum.
Apr 22, 2016, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVogler
Can you explain a little more? Are you saying Deviation is something that's not already part of the Devo7? Optimally, can you share a link of what you're talking about. I now have 3 Devo7's and I always thought the Devo7e was needed if you wanted to mess around with other firmware's, mods, etc. This is possible on just the regular Devo7? Since I have extras I would like to start messing with 1 without fear of bricking my main TX.
Oops, looks like you're right! I just checked the deviation website and it looks like the 7 is not supported. I have the 8s and 12s. Sorry for bringing your hopes up for nothing.