Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 20, 2016, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
I think they come with the 210.
Silly me, I completely forgot it comes with it.

Are there any washers holding in the camera or is it just a screw? I'm having trouble telling from photos.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2016, 04:13 PM
Wal mart sells a precision kit that has a lot of this stuff. About ten bucks.
Apr 21, 2016, 08:20 AM

Finally have to change my tune...

After dealing with Walkera and their Runner line, I've been telling everyone who asks to avoid ALL Walkera products. I don't think I ever had any flights over the past years where I wasn't fighting with 1 bug in their design or another. I decided to give them another try and ordered a couple F210's and the first one came yesterday. It was after dark, but decided to give it a try. Right out of the box, this thing flew perfect and precise. In just the moonlight I was able to fly full-speed FPV and see everything perfect. It flies like the old Hubsan H107D models...very precise...if it crashes it's for sure because you crashed it...and not some crappy issue like on the Runners.

Haven't opened the quad up yet. Is it stamped on the RX if I have the old or new version? Or do I have to plug it in to find out if I need to order another receiver to get a working failsafe. I can just imagine how far this quad would travel at full throttle if the failsafe doesn't work for 3+ seconds!
Apr 21, 2016, 08:23 AM
LOL. Mine turns off after 10 seconds. I assume I have the old receiver.
Apr 21, 2016, 09:26 AM
What is the difference between arf version and bnf version?
Apr 21, 2016, 09:54 AM
Well, never did get my 210. Its a week late now, and UPS opened an investigation and says 8 to 10 days before a result! So now I'm just going to have to wait... I hate OOPS...
Apr 21, 2016, 10:20 AM
Mitchie, who did you buy it from?
Apr 21, 2016, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack99 View Post
I haven't seen an ARF version of this quad. Where are you seeing it? In general, ARF (Almost ready to fly) would need a transmitter and receiver. BNF (Bind and Fly) has a receiver but still needs a transmitter. We're talking about the flight transmitter and receiver, not the video transmitter/receiver.
Apr 21, 2016, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack99 View Post
BNF means the quad itself is RTF (Ready to fly), but you will need your own TX. So you can "Bind-N-Fly". ARF is a weird one as it means "Almost RTF (Ready To Fly). So you would have to read the description carefully to see what's missing, such as OSD, FC, ESC's, Motors, etc.
Apr 21, 2016, 10:29 AM
It's been a while since I've dug into the settings of my Devo7. Is there a thread anywhere with peoples TX setup for this 210? The things I want to change right away, before any serious flying are:

Right now hover on a fresh battery is 25% throttle, and I am so used to 50% that I'd like to change it rather than get used to it.

I don't like motors to cut-off completely at 0% throttle, I set them so I can still have a little maneuverability as I descend with throttle at 0% and I set the Hold switch to then cut motors off instead.

I know I can go back through Youtube videos and re-learn how to do this again for the Devo7...just wondering if anyone can post the settings they've chosen they like best or anything specifically for 210 before I start fresh.
Apr 21, 2016, 10:40 AM
JV, I think you can do most of that easily with cleanflight, the software everyone uses to manage their F210's through the F3 flight controller. There are some pre-programmed setups for the Devo 7 to run the F210 that you can get so the regular modes (stabilized, horizon, acro) are there, then you can change it at will through cleanflight (as far as I know).
Apr 21, 2016, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkorama View Post
Mitchie, who did you buy it from?
Got it from Walkera direct.
Apr 21, 2016, 11:00 AM
Strange. Mine came really fast and simple. Walkera was really good about it. Maybe it's a UPS screw up. Sorry to hear that man, but you'll love it when you get it. Do you have whatever else you need? (goggles, etc.).
Apr 21, 2016, 12:40 PM
I received my f 210 on march 7th so im assuming it’s the first version? So do I need a different rx to get the proper failsafe? I have over 100 minutes of flight time and I love it. I have a micro quad I learned on then got a quanum venture put a few hours on that and now I have the f210. I have no complaints with the quality of the quad however I have not crashed it yet.
My questions:
Do I need a new rx to accommodate the failsafe ?
I want to get into the fpv now but need recommendations for a video rx.
Im still learning about all the fpv components.

Thanks
Apr 21, 2016, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkorama View Post
Strange. Mine came really fast and simple. Walkera was really good about it. Maybe it's a UPS screw up. Sorry to hear that man, but you'll love it when you get it. Do you have whatever else you need? (goggles, etc.).
It was definitely UPS. Walkera shipped it within hours of my payment. I worked as a shipper at one time, and very shortly started calling UPS OOPS. They seemed to screw up more often than not.

I have the Quanum V2 goggles and I'm going to get a couple of batts from revo to add to th two I'm getting with the 210. Haven't done fpv yet with my Walkera 400 because it will not survive a crash.