Apr 19, 2016, 01:27 PM
Fastblade, any pics about the rear mod?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 19, 2016, 02:07 PM
you will need longer screws... these work perfect.....

http://www.mcmaster.com/#99397a269/=11jyxqr

this is nice too....threadlocking

http://www.mcmaster.com/#93705a804/=11jza2z

you will also need a T5 torx driver...

http://www.mcmaster.com/#52995a23/=121wvyp

it also works on the other screws too...
Apr 19, 2016, 08:37 PM

Goggle fpv recommend

Hi, guys
I'm thinking on getting this quad. What goggle do you guys recommend? First time buyer noob here.
Thanks
Apr 19, 2016, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumogo
Hi, guys
I'm thinking on getting this quad. What goggle do you guys recommend? First time buyer noob here.
Thanks
might be a tuff pill to swallow... but the FatSharks HD V2.... great picture... and will be easy to sell when you want to upgrade when they come out with something better... that's what convinced me to buy them...
Apr 19, 2016, 11:03 PM
I have the Dominator V2 (not the HD v2) and I like them. They also have a DVR built in, but I don't know how the others compare since these are my first FPV goggles.
Apr 20, 2016, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumogo
Hi, guys
Thanks
Fatshark HD V2s are great if the price isn't an issue. Attitude V3, too. I have HD V2s and they work great. If you get a change to try them on before buying, do that, just to see if there's enough adjustment range for your eyes. The -2 diopters tend to make the image less blurry on the sides, even for people with good eyesight

The cool thing about HD V2s is HDMI. You can plug them into your computer and practice with FPV Freerider or Liftoff, like a boss .

I've had no issues whatsoever with the HD V2s. You'll need a beta band module for the Fatshark to make it work with the F210's transmitter. I have the 5.8GHz Nexwave Receiver Module (Beta Bands), and it works great.

The F210's camera is 4:3, so if you gett 16:9 goggles the image will be stretched a bit.

As a cheap option I found these pretty interesting:
DIY FPV Goggles Comparison and Review (19 min 23 sec)
Apr 20, 2016, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastblade
you will need longer screws... these work perfect.....

http://www.mcmaster.com/#99397a269/=11jyxqr

this is nice too....threadlocking

http://www.mcmaster.com/#93705a804/=11jza2z

you will also need a T5 torx driver...

http://www.mcmaster.com/#52995a23/=121wvyp

it also works on the other screws too...
Thanks! I've been thinking about something similar but I'll probably move the backlight or just remove it completely to keep the bottom flush. I'm also figuring out a way to make the antenna holder part a bit stronger by replacing the plastic part completely. I had a nasty accident where the battery got loose and smashed the plastic back part into bits . I'll post some pictures if/when I've figured something out.
Apr 20, 2016, 08:19 AM
praise for the F210

Reading here about potential crash weaknesses got me thinking. I've not had anything worse than a 'clumsy' landing yet myself. It has been only five or six flying sessions since it arrive...

However, as my fellow RC flyers can testify, it usually does not take me quite that long to get to the first crash.

And that is really it: The F210 flight controller is just in its own class!

I have build quads with open source boards as well as FC's from Gaui and DJI. I also have a Helipal SRD250 V2pro that is dialed in nicely. But none holds a candle to the Walkera. Especially with all 'self uprighting' turned off (whatever you call that mode) the difference is huge. All other quads have a ton of unwanted effects, either caused by their own mechanics or triggered by a gust of wind. Often they will not quite pitch/roll as directed. The smarts inside the F210 however totally irons those things out. So it is 100% like somebody wrote above 'the pilot crashes the quad'.

I'm not sure whether the F210 is for the beginner. It is very fast which often leads to flying higher and crashing harder. But once you are over the initial learning curve it is (again repeating something written before) currently the best RTF on the market!
Apr 20, 2016, 10:47 AM
Thanks everyone for the recommendations....
Apr 20, 2016, 10:52 AM
I've crashed this thing dozens of times. Only thing I broke was a few props and the holder that keeps the transmitter antenna up. Bought that online and replaced it. Good go to. Very durable.
Apr 20, 2016, 11:03 AM
I crashed yesterday and lost the screws holding in the camera. I ordered the crash pack hoping the correct screws are included. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a cheap toolkit to use?
Apr 20, 2016, 11:32 AM
While waiting for the parts to make the rear-mod and after installing the firmware upgrade, ehem, firmware UpDate, I had a bad crash when the F210 literally fell out of the sky when going to zero-throttle to do a roll, and I couldn't recover in time. I uninstalled that ridiculous update right after. The rear slammed onto a piece of drift wood going well over 40+ mph, breaking 2 props, an ESC, and permanently messing-up my VTx. I am pretty sure the rear-mod would have saved the VTx and will be making the latter fixes and the rear-mod ASAP!
Apr 20, 2016, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungie99
I crashed yesterday and lost the screws holding in the camera. I ordered the crash pack hoping the correct screws are included. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a cheap toolkit to use?
If you mean tools, you only need a screwdriver and two hex keys.
Apr 20, 2016, 12:54 PM
I think they come with the 210.
Apr 20, 2016, 01:17 PM
The T5 torx driver works on all the screws except slotted... then you just need a small cheap $1 store Phillips screw driver and that's it....