Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 18, 2016, 04:05 PM
what diversity module you looking at? I was getting a lot of static to the point it drove me nuts with everybody flying etc.. I figure it's all ways flying in front of me and to get the antenna... but would love to get the diversity module... the one I found I like is this one...

http://www.dmmodel.it/diversity.html

You know one better?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2016, 04:07 PM
Had a great flying day yesterday, but ran into a weird problem. I hit a gate and crashed. Disarmed my tx, then walking over the the quad saw that it was spinning the motors like a maniac, one of which was dug into the ground and caused the motor to burn. I turned off my tx and got the usual 10 seconds before failsafe kicked in and the motors stopped. No idea what caused it. Any ideas?
Apr 18, 2016, 04:12 PM
Might of lost signal when you hit the gate??? but weird... I crashed big time..many times and nothing like that.... is it okay when you turn it back on?
Apr 18, 2016, 04:46 PM
Yes, running fine, but the one motor is burned. Literally smoking. It's totally unusual. I've crashed tons of times and never had anything like that happen. Weird. As for the diversity, I'm planning to get the fat shark version when it arrives: http://www.banggood.com/Fatshark-FSV...p-1046092.html
Apr 18, 2016, 09:32 PM
Check this out: Just saw this on Hobbyking.

COMING SOON - HD Digital FPV Video with Zero Latency

Something ground breaking is on the horizon and its set to change the scene as we know it.
Are you?
* Tired of being shot out of the sky due to poor video signal or interference during a race?
* Looking for an HD Digital solution with no latency problems?
* Need on board recording without having to carry a bulky action cam?
* Would you love to fly with twice as many pilots than what you can now
If the answer is yes then register your interest by entering your email below.
Apr 18, 2016, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkorama View Post

Something ground breaking is on the horizon and its set to change the scene as we know it.
Are you?
* Tired of being shot out of the sky due to poor video signal or interference during a race?
don't see it.... Link???

and I'm sure it's a new transmitter... so we have to wait for walkera to make one....
Apr 18, 2016, 10:42 PM
Quote:
As for the diversity, I'm planning to get the fat shark version when it arrives: http://www.banggood.com/Fatshark-FSV...p-1046092.html
Yea...no "B" band which is what Tx I have now in it... figures right... but I figure for now with the 10dbi patch tilted on a 45 degree on the goggles should be all right... the one I got is extra wide.... we'll see...
Apr 19, 2016, 08:40 AM
Just saw walkera published an official failsafe firmware upgrade video on youtube:

Walkera F210 FailSafe system firmware update tutorials (5 min 31 sec)
Apr 19, 2016, 08:48 AM
Well...OOPS(UPS) has lost my package. It was supposed to arrive on the 14th then they told me Monday and now yesterday they can't find it. Just loving UPS.
Apr 19, 2016, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastblade View Post
Yea...no "B" band which is what Tx I have now in it... figures right... but I figure for now with the 10dbi patch tilted on a 45 degree on the goggles should be all right... the one I got is extra wide.... we'll see...
I have the B band receiver module for my fat sharks. RMRC has it for only 15 bucks! Way cheap http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=2609 Works great. And I just heard some big news. My local hobby shop is getting the multi-band (and race band) transmitter! I should have it in a couple weeks or so, and I'll let people know here. I think they will have several of them, and it appears that Walkera may release them to the public. That would solve the problem, and you could add the fat shark diversity receiver and you'd be fine.

With the beta band module and spironet antennas I basically have near perfect video for all the flying I'm doing.
Apr 19, 2016, 11:41 AM
Do you have the spironet on the f210 too? I crashed way to many times and now getting glitches with the stock antenna... plus there was 7 of us flying and had to take turns cause of interference no matter what band it was... Might also just go with LH antenna if this next set-up don't work good.. be real nice if it was digital... I was actually surprised when I first got in this and it wasn't already digital and so many glitches...
Apr 19, 2016, 01:06 PM
Posting here to migrate stuff to this thread:

Has anyone tried binding X9D Plus with the F210?
I'm thinking this here might work;
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mpatible_.html
.. But as I haven't found any info on that I'm scared to place an order just yet.

Also on another note; the ABS parts in the F210 are just 100% crap quality plastic. A nicely aimed crash will break a ton of parts and replacing them is a pain. The aluminum parts are also very soft, and as aluminum doesn't flex much, they can bend out of shape and break plastic and cf as they go.

It really makes no sense (other than business sense) at all to make the frame a combination of cf and worst quality ABS possible. They can and will break. The threading on one of the props gave in mid flight and my F210 fell from about 15 meters. Every single piece of plastic needs to be replaced now, except for the camera cover.

Other than that, it's been good. Too bad it's not really the "tank" it's said to be, and it still baffles me how FPVGuy managed to crash land it over 20 times on rocky terrain without blowing it to pieces.

The props are super durable otherwise! Shame about that one failed prop that lead to an exploded F210 .
Apr 19, 2016, 01:08 PM
Quote:

Are you?
Wasn't that piece of news released on April Fools?
Apr 19, 2016, 01:17 PM
I'll admit it's a little showy for a racer... plastic could be better .... that would help solve the camera mount and with the antenna in the rear (I'm going with a stubby cloverleaf in the back should solve that one)....frame was a little weak in the rear ...but once you do the rear frame mod... it's very strong... only thing I don't like really is the camera location... should run the CF sides of the battery tray forward more and encase the camera with a top cross piece to better protect it... otherwise with-out a doubt this is the best RTF out right now...

I'm probably going to build one once I get more familiar with it all....
Last edited by fastblade; Apr 19, 2016 at 01:29 PM.
Apr 19, 2016, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastblade View Post
I'll admit it's a little showy for a racer... plastic could be better....frame was a little weak in the rear...but once you do the rear frame mod... it's very strong... only thing I don't like really is the camera location... should run the CF sides of the battery tray forward more and encase the camera with a top cross piece to better protect it... otherwise with-out a doubt this is the best RTF out right now...
I drilled another set of holes to pull the camera back a little . I need to have a look at the rear frame mod. I guess there's a link on this thread?

And I agree, it is still a VERY good RTF. The F210 doesn't really break itself, it's the pilot .

I'm tempted to get the TBS Vendetta some day, though. The frame is sick.