Mar 31, 2017, 11:07 PM
Update. I believe when setting up freerider with my devo I messed something up. Because aux2 which controlled flight modes was being toggled by my throttle. Lol so up throttle was setting to acro then down to horizon/ angle. Can imagine this was the issue of flipping out when down throttling. Assigned the proper switches and will try it out when we get some clear skys
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2017, 07:25 PM
Can anyone chime in to help me with the best possible setup for my sky zone V+ goggles. As for the best FPV video transmission.

What is the best combination of antennas?
Apr 03, 2017, 11:19 PM

Furious f215

FURIOUS 215 - RTF QUAD THAT RIPS BALLS! (28 min 17 sec)
Apr 04, 2017, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiiizzz
Thank you for the answer.
So, replacing the camera would solve my problem ? Can I put another camera on this quad or I've to buy the standard one ?
Your camera is bad.

IF you get the OSD then OSD it is working.
If you get a black screen, they your TX is working and the cable is working

Replace the camera and BINGO, you're back in business.
Apr 08, 2017, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimjimtell
Can anyone chime in to help me with the best possible setup for my sky zone V+ goggles. As for the best FPV video transmission.

What is the best combination of antennas?
Do you not have the stock ones as an option, or just looking to upgrade? I've tried dozens and dozens of combos and the stock are actually pretty good overall antennas. If you want something a little more directional, you can get some 5-turns or something. What is your scenario where you fly? Trees, buildings, etc.?
Apr 14, 2017, 11:31 PM

Bringing airmode to F210 3D

Hi, I'm a very satisfied owner of F210 3D (strong, fast and great) however lately I've started to play with acro and freestyle flying. The F210 3D is mostly to racing and there is no airmode on stock firmware. I've learned that there is a possibility to flash vanilla firmware to F210 3D using Cleanflight or Betaflight from here:

http://www.droningon.co/2016/11/10/f...controller-fc/

Betaflight is already in 3.1.7 version and I've found some posts that the F210 3D ESCs are not compatible with the firmware. I'm not interested in 3D flying mode so I don't need to have it but I'm worried that if I flash wrong firmware I can fry my ESCs.

Did anyone had the experience in flashing F210 3D to Cleanflight or Betaflight and can point me to right direction?
Apr 15, 2017, 09:55 PM
On bird patrol duty.
I had the 3D 210. Converted all my ESCs to third party and fly 2D. Last I checked the F210 3D has a 3D FC so it will not be happy if you flash it with non 3D FW.

Maybe try the 210 3D thread
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ficial-Club%29
Apr 18, 2017, 03:35 AM
Many thanks for reply, so even without 3D this won't work. This is actually what I was worried about. I'll give it a try as soon as I'll get another drone for flying because for now this is my first and only one I have.
Apr 18, 2017, 09:27 AM
All you need to get betaflight on the f210 3d working is to change the escs to the f210 2d ones. Plug and play if you don't want to solder. I have the F210 3D with betaflight on the stock fc and makerfire 20a escs, and it flies great!

Walkera F210 3D with Betaflight 3.1.5 Raw Flight (3 min 46 sec)
Apr 20, 2017, 09:50 PM
Gorgeous flying field you have! I'd hate to put it down in the field tho!!! Probly lots of drones still down there What did you use to record, and BTW, did you happen to document how you got your 210 to go betaflight?
I also have another question for those of you that have converted to triblades, which are "the best" and what size prop nuts do you need to use?
TIA
Mitch
Apr 21, 2017, 01:00 PM
Mitchie, I've been using Dal 5045 bullnose and have liked them overall. For nuts, I've been using these as they're the shortest ones I could find.
Be sure to get both CCW and CW nuts.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Apr 21, 2017, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie
Gorgeous flying field you have! I'd hate to put it down in the field tho!!! Probly lots of drones still down there What did you use to record, and BTW, did you happen to document how you got your 210 to go betaflight?
I also have another question for those of you that have converted to triblades, which are "the best" and what size prop nuts do you need to use?
TIA
Mitch
My favorite are the Lumenier Butter Cutters.. More efficient and more power. They are pricey though, but luckily they're also quite durable.
Apr 22, 2017, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie
TIA
Mitch
Thanks! Yeah that wouldn't be fun haha.

I used a runcam 2 hd with a 2.5mm gopro lens to record.
I have the process somewhat documented on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9639...9936896405223/

If anyone has a suggestion of where else I can post that, let me know. If there's enough interest i'll just start a new thread.
The video above was using dal 5x4x3 v2 on racerstar 2205 2300kv motors. I used to use the cone type prop nuts that came with the f210 3D when I had stock motors, i just made sure to tighten them down
Last edited by haxordotcom; Apr 22, 2017 at 10:13 PM.
Yesterday, 01:45 AM
Anyone put some red bottoms on the 210? What was the result? Faster more torque? Any info would be great. Thanks
Yesterday, 03:10 PM
The Red bottoms are a huge difference in both thrust and current draw. I measured only 540g thrust and 18A draw on the stock motors/DAL 5x4.5x3 props, while other sources will cite in excess of 1000g thrust with ~30A draw on the same prop for the Emax RS2205 2300kV motors (the ones I have). The stock motors are just... Garbage. They don't use much current, but they also aren't "efficient" with 5in props from what I've seen. They're also waaayyyyy too expensive for what they are.