Walkera F210 Master Thread (All threads lead to here) - Page 111 - RC Groups
Mar 11, 2017, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie
I'm not saying that they are the best, but for under $200 they're hard to beat. I have the VR D2 's and after an initial failure (BG replacement with minimal effort) they've worked well. I'm getting the Goggles Two in the hopes that affordable HD video is just around the corner and hdmi in on this unit will make it that much more affordable.
I hope they work great for you. I've just never had any luck with Eachine and a lot of other cheerful brands out there, but to each his own I say.

That said the FatShark HD's work great for years. Yeah, they're pricey, but they also hold their value like a BMW. Folks routinely sell their fairly heavily used FS goggles for more than 80% of their original cost, and that's because they're worth every penny. Whatever works and keeps you in the air, but when it comes to the goggles, the VTx, the Tx, and the Rx I firmly believe folks should avoid shortcuts for their own safety and the safety of others around them.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2017, 02:51 PM
Ran into an issue. I'm trying to put tri-blade 5045 props on the F210 3D. Is there a reason I can't put them on the CW motors? They seem to have a little notch only on the CW motors. I can put the props on the CCW just fine.

EDIT: I figured out you had to apply a bit of pressure to make them snap down.
Last edited by Dravus; Mar 15, 2017 at 03:38 PM. Reason: figured out
Mar 16, 2017, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravus
Ran into an issue. I'm trying to put tri-blade 5045 props on the F210 3D. Is there a reason I can't put them on the CW motors? They seem to have a little notch only on the CW motors. I can put the props on the CCW just fine.

EDIT: I figured out you had to apply a bit of pressure to make them snap down.
Yup! I had the same problem, but not with all my Dal-Props. Last 3 sets I bought just slip right on the shaft no prob. You can always take a fine rat tail file about the same diameter as the shaft and that helps if its to tight.
Mar 20, 2017, 12:41 PM
Hi I'm sending again my message, because it looks like the first time everyone skipped it.

I’ve a problem for a while with my little F210. One year earlier, I purchased a Quantum v2 to discover FPV and I realized that my quads didn’t broadcast any video signal. During this year, I’ve change the power board, the transmitter, two times the camera cable. After all those modification, I finaly got a black screen with the OSD displayed (instead of a ę No signal Ľ), but still no image.

The weirdest thing is that few months ago, I suspected my new camera cable from Amazone, to be the cause of the problem. So, I tried to solder the original cable (which were broken). Contrary to all expectations, it worked. But during the next flight, a propeller hit the cable and cut it in half.

Then, I decided to buy new camera cable, this time directly from Walkera website (it was intended for the runner, but it looks like the camera cable is the same on both quads).
A really don’t understand why, but it’s still not working with the new cable.

I tried every combinaisons of the power board/transmitters dips, with or without OSD and anything change.

I checked everywhere on internet and found any solution. I’m running out of idea.

I really hope that you’ve a solution. Thanks a lot for your help,

See you later,
By.
Mar 20, 2017, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiiizzz
Hi I'm sending again my message, because it looks like the first time everyone skipped it.

Iíve a problem for a while with my little F210. One year earlier, I purchased a Quantum v2 to discover FPV and I realized that my quads didnít broadcast any video signal. During this year, Iíve change the power board, the transmitter, two times the camera cable. After all those modification, I finaly got a black screen with the OSD displayed (instead of a ę No signal Ľ), but still no image.

The weirdest thing is that few months ago, I suspected my new camera cable from Amazone, to be the cause of the problem. So, I tried to solder the original cable (which were broken). Contrary to all expectations, it worked. But during the next flight, a propeller hit the cable and cut it in half.

Then, I decided to buy new camera cable, this time directly from Walkera website (it was intended for the runner, but it looks like the camera cable is the same on both quads).
A really donít understand why, but itís still not working with the new cable.

I tried every combinaisons of the power board/transmitters dips, with or without OSD and anything change.

I checked everywhere on internet and found any solution. Iím running out of idea.

I really hope that youíve a solution. Thanks a lot for your help,

See you later,
By.
When wires get cut many times they short out at the same time, especially if what cut the wire was conductive itself. I suspect you may have cooked your camera. That's good you're getting a black screen though. That means your VTx is probably working.
Mar 23, 2017, 10:04 AM
Thank you for the answer.
So, replacing the camera would solve my problem ? Can I put another camera on this quad or I've to buy the standard one ?
Mar 23, 2017, 12:17 PM
I have a Foxeer Monster in mine, way better than original.
Mar 23, 2017, 07:19 PM

Rear LED lights

Hey AILERON8 I'm bringing this up again. Before I purchase an LED strip and provide another power source maybe you can help me understand the LED configuration in cleanflight better. I was watching some videos were they explained how to assign individual LEDs In Cleanflight. When I connect my F210 to clean flight the picture below shows what I have. I assume the bottom row is for the rear LEDS , though there are only 4 the led board of the quad has 8. Is there a way I could assign the orange ones to stay on rather then function as a turn indicators.

Also any idea since when I changed arm via Switch the left Red led does not light up anymore. Only works when I put it back to arm via throttle stick.
Last edited by Axiom72; Mar 24, 2017 at 12:18 AM.
Mar 23, 2017, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom72
Hey AILERON8 I'm bringing this up again. Before I purchase an LED strip and provide another power source maybe you can help me understand the LED configuration in cleanflight better. I was watching some videos were they explained how to assign individual LEDs In Cleanflight. When I connect my F210 to clean flight the picture below shows what I have. I assume the bottom row is for the rear
LEDS though there are only 4 and the stock led board has 8. Is there a way I could assign the orange ones to stay on rather then function as a turn indicators.

Also any idea since when I changed arm via Switch the left Red led does not light up anymore. Only works when I put it back to arm via throttle stick.
If I can carve out the time tomorrow I'll paste the CLI code you'll need to get it working. The code will alter what you see in the GUI after you paste and save it in the CLI. If I don't get tonit tomorrow then I will over the weekend for sure.
Mar 24, 2017, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AILERON8
If I can carve out the time tomorrow I'll paste the CLI code you'll need to get it working. The code will alter what you see in the GUI after you paste and save it in the CLI. If I don't get tonit tomorrow then I will over the weekend for sure.
Whenever you get time that would be great.. THANKS...
Mar 24, 2017, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom72
Hey AILERON8 I'm bringing this up again. Before I purchase an LED strip and provide another power source maybe you can help me understand the LED configuration in cleanflight better. I was watching some videos were they explained how to assign individual LEDs In Cleanflight. When I connect my F210 to clean flight the picture below shows what I have. I assume the bottom row is for the rear LEDS , though there are only 4 the led board of the quad has 8. Is there a way I could assign the orange ones to stay on rather then function as a turn indicators.

Bad news, Walkera did something to their hardware to make it proprietary. I'm not saying it's not possible to alter your LEDs, I'm saying it's not following the traditional commands that I understand if I'm programming any old LED in my other quads. It's normally a simple process, but the assignments I'm making aren't having the intended effects. Walkera did something to the hardware. You'll have to play with things are your end to get it to work I'm afraid.
Mar 25, 2017, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AILERON8
Bad news, Walkera did something to their hardware to make it proprietary. I'm not saying it's not possible to alter your LEDs, I'm saying it's not following the traditional commands that I understand if I'm programming any old LED in my other quads. It's normally a simple process, but the assignments I'm making aren't having the intended effects. Walkera did something to the hardware. You'll have to play with things are your end to get it to work I'm afraid.
Hey no worries I appreciate you trying. I'll then set up my own fixed rear leds , just be a lot nicer to have a full row of 6 leds instead of the 2 red. I'll just bypass the whole thing and not worry about having the warning light.
Last edited by Axiom72; Mar 26, 2017 at 06:34 PM.
Mar 26, 2017, 09:55 PM
Issue: f210 falls out of the sky in stable mode after a throttle up and then down.

I did change the yaw rate and switches to arm in clean flight. Could this have done it?

I also noticed for no reason the flight mode switch changed completely. Any thoughts?
Mar 26, 2017, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinvicious
Issue: f210 falls out of the sky in stable mode after a throttle up and then down.

I did change the yaw rate and switches to arm in clean flight. Could this have done it?

I also noticed for no reason the flight mode switch changed completely. Any thoughts?
Did you update the Firmware, make any changes in your Tx, or have any bad crashes lately?
Mar 27, 2017, 05:59 AM
I didn't update the firmware, I did change the tx and had to create a arm.switch and a 3 pos switch for flight modes all seemed good until it wasn't. When I changed the yaw rate is when it seemed to go. I am not positive as it was a blizzard out and wasn't able to test until this past weekend.

QUOTE=AILERON8;37188298]Did you update the Firmware, make any changes in your Tx, or have any bad crashes lately?[/QUOTE]