XPS 6S-5200mAh 50C/75C Lipo packs! - RC Groups
Apr 14, 2016, 12:07 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Discussion

XPS 6S-5200mAh 50C/75C Lipo packs!

We just released our latest product, which is an excellent quality 6S-5200mAh 50C/75C Lipo pack!

No, we won't be getting other size or capacity packs in stock. This is the most common size pack now for EDF, 3D, and Helicopters. It's also just happens what we needed for a large project, so we bought extra and pass the savings on to you.

At just $70 per pack ($65 per pack when buying 2, and $60 per pack when buying 10), you will not find a better value too!

Get 'em quick before the first batch is sold out!

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/pr...od=XPS6S520050
Last edited by JimDrew; Feb 08, 2017 at 03:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2016, 11:01 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
that price is awesome... 1year puff warranty is epic too
Apr 15, 2016, 01:13 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
I am no fan of batteries that puff. Our original 1st gen Lipos could be left stored for a few days with no problems. Our 2nd gen batteries were a nightmare. Anymore than about 6 hours after charge they started puffing. This seems to be the case with the exceptionally high C rated (65C+) batteries still. I left a pair of our 3rd gen Lipos sit fully charged for a month with absolutely no hint of puffing. That's why we can offer the warranty - that, and the fact that the manufacture does too!
Apr 15, 2016, 03:48 PM
House of Paine
I decided to order up four to give them a go.

XPS really has to work on their order processing though... I had to wait a whole 7 min from the time of paypal payment to getting my USPS tracking number
Apr 15, 2016, 07:11 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
We have sold about 1/2 of the inventory just today, so we are trying to process/pack orders as they are coming in from the online store just to keep up.
Apr 18, 2016, 12:13 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Ok, we have only 8 packs left! First come first serve. It will be another 30 days before more arrive.
Nov 30, 2016, 02:59 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
We have another large UAV project, so we got a bunch of extra packs in stock again!
Dec 08, 2016, 08:48 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
We have sold half of our battery inventory - better get some before they are all gone!!
Dec 14, 2016, 12:18 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
We are down to the last few boxes of these packs! Remember, these have a 1 year no-puff warranty. Retail is $120 per pack, your cost is $70. If you buy 2 at the same time you get them for $65 each!
Dec 16, 2016, 05:19 PM
House of Paine
It looks like the second batch is not quite on par with the first on an IR basis.

I bought four packs back in April on first batch and four more this time. High cell IR measured with Giles ER meter at 77 Deg F. on first four on initial charge came in at 2.56, 2.60, 2.60, and 2.48. I've now got about 30 cycles each on those first four packs and measured again last weekend along with the four from second batch. These measurements were at 74 deg F. Original packs were at 2.60, 2.84, 2.60, 2.64.

The new packs from second batch on initial charge had high cell IR of 4.04, 3.72,3.6, and 3.48.

Estimated "True C" rating using http://jj604.com/LiPoTool/ shows 1st batch in the 21 to 22 C range while the second batch was in the 17-18 C rage.
Dec 16, 2016, 07:17 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
A cell's C rating is based on the maximum current that can be sustained without dropping off completely or over-heating. Did you cycle these packs at least 5 times? That is not optional, it's part of the break-in process that is required for these new cells that are designed for extended shelf life and no puffing.
Dec 17, 2016, 10:36 AM
House of Paine
From what I've read the vendor C rating means nothing as there is no standard, and pretty much everyone exaggerates. If you run any pack at their rated continuous C they will overheat. The folks who created that formula are trying to create a tool to provide an estimated usable C rating for safe continuous use. I'm just using it for comparison between different packs I own as well as looking at how my packs change over time. When I picked up the IR meter and tested my existing packs I saw "True C" ratings from 12 to 20 C.

Initial reading for both groups of these XPS packs were taken on first charge. I'll see where the second batch stands after a few cycles as well, I just thought I'd post my IR findings on the second batch as they were quite different from the first batch.
Dec 17, 2016, 06:59 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
We have used the same C rating standard for over a decade of selling batteries. Our C rating is the continuous rating that you can pull out of the pack without destroying it. When we do battery testing, we use a CBA III with dual power amps and test individual cells. That setup can pull several hundred amps from a single cell, so it is easy to determine just what a cell can handle.

I agree that there really is no actual standard set, and the C rating is a marketing game for many.
Dec 28, 2016, 01:11 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
15 packs remaining! We won't be getting more until the spring!
Jan 15, 2017, 11:09 AM
SidGates
JIm,
What do you use/recommend for anti spark when connecting 12S packs?