Canadair CL-415 pss - Maiden flight successful ! - Page 4 - RC Groups
Apr 25, 2017, 01:43 AM
Warbirds Lover
Hi there,

A managed to work a bit more on the 415.

She's near to be finished now, I hope to be able to maiden her before the summer

Best regards
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2017, 08:59 AM
Ich Fliege
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
Hi there,

A managed to work a bit more on the 415.

She's near to be finished now, I hope to be able to maiden her before the summer

Best regards
Just awesome dream!! Looking forward to seeing the maiden flight.
Apr 27, 2017, 01:36 PM
The most beautiful CL 415 by far.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk
Apr 28, 2017, 05:45 AM
Warbirds Lover
Thanks a lot for your nice comments guys

I think that i will be able to publish a new update on next week

Cheers
Apr 28, 2017, 08:30 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
Nice plane , love that pilots too
May 01, 2017, 02:23 PM
Warbirds Lover
Many thanks Julescrafter !
May 01, 2017, 04:35 PM
Warbirds Lover
Good evening Gents,

Some more new things was done on the 415 this week end :
Friday night i printed the markings on water slide decals paper and started to apply a coat of water based varnish.
I worked from a scan of the Heller's 1/72 scale plastic model kit decals sheet and modified it to match the paint scheme of the "Pelican N°34" (Pelican is the call sign used by the CL-415 pilots here in France)

Saturday was applied some more coats of water based varnish on the water slide paper decals sheets.

Sunday the fuselage received a good coat of "Klir" (aka "Klear", ) to prepare the surface to receive the water slides decals.
This moning i put some putty to smooth the join between the cover of the fuselage's rear part and the part that receive the wing's trailing edge.

And this afternoon i put the water slides on the fuselage.
The results are not perfects, specialy on the left side of the fuselage on which I failed to align correctly the " securite" and "civile" decals (the white line make a "wave instead of a straight line ...
I shall stoped to try to align them because the water slide decals started to loose their colors and started to crack here and there so... it will remain as this... never mind...

I still have some paint job to do on the fuselage (emulate the lateral windows and the landing gear + some more little details here and there... )

To be continued !!
May 09, 2017, 02:19 AM
Warbirds Lover
Some more painting was done this week end to emulate the fuselage's windows and the landing gear pits (it will need a second layer of painting).

Rudder and elevator pusher rods are now connected to their servo and the front wing centering pins ws done too.

Next steps will be to print and stick the wing's markings & the Wheels, then to cut the ailerons and include their servo in the wing.

Maiden flight should happen in something like a couple of weeks.
May 10, 2017, 05:07 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
Amazing, pretty detail plane for 94 cm wingspan. How much weight so far? What motors?
May 10, 2017, 09:27 AM
Warbirds Lover
Thx Jules,
No motor on this one as she is a P.S.S. glider designed for slope soaring.

For the moment, the All Up Weight is 324 grammes
I still have to add two servos for the ailerons and their wires and pusher rods + some markings so i expect a final weight around 350g (i hope less..)

The great thing with such a model is that it's always possible to build a second wing, fitted with two little brushless inside the nacelles. the powered version's AUW could be under the 500g i guess and with a wing loading very near 35g/dmē that is not so bad for a plane imho.
May 10, 2017, 09:46 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
Nice, this plane is also on my to do list.
May 11, 2017, 06:49 AM
Warbirds Lover
You will enjoy to build it and it's way more easy to do than your great looking big Warthog ;-)
May 17, 2017, 03:19 PM
Warbirds Lover
Well Guys,

The 415 painting job is not 100% finished yet but this is the forecast for tomorrow.

You know what that means...

i cross my fingers !
May 18, 2017, 11:45 AM
Scale RC Plane Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
Well Guys,

The 415 painting job is not 100% finished yet but this is the forecast for tomorrow.

You know what that means...

i cross my fingers !
have a good maiden flight Pascal , we like to see a video of it
May 19, 2017, 05:33 AM
Warbirds Lover

CL-415 Pss : Maiden flight Succesful :-) !

Thanks a lot Jules,

I'm glad to report that the maiden flight of the mini CL-415 went very well yesterday afternoon and the in-flight behaviour is even better than expected !

The wind forecast was right, i had an average wind speed around 25 Km/h with regular gusts over the 40Km/h.

The Canadair All Up Weight was 350g at take off.

I will post a video of the maiden (and second) flight ASAP.
As the Canadair scored two flying hours for her first journey at the slope, I will have to find a bit of free time to take the time to edit the video

As an appetizer, this is some stills pictures extracted from the videos