This thread is privately moderated by mudman1959, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 12, 2016, 09:01 PM
Live to fly... Fly to live
Thread OP
Careful!

Opppppsssss!!!!!

My first night flight with the Raiden did not go as planned... It was a jumbled mess of twisting, tumbling, turning colors without my glasses on. But you have to watch to see what happened... Mudman1959

Opps...!!!! The first night flight with the Raiden (2 min 31 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2016, 08:42 AM
Thread OP

Post Flight Inspection...

Hmmmm... Not Good! Looks like a New Raiden will be forth coming. The fuselage is broke, the canard is toast and the R/H wing is crushed internally. Also the LED's were damaged and shorted out. So out come the plans and time to copy and trace out a new one. Good thing though... all of the flight electronics survived without damage.

Mudman1959
Apr 14, 2016, 06:03 PM
Thread OP

Raiden #2

One day to trace the plans to the foam and cut it out, the next to assemble it. Need to purchase new LED's (Red, Blue, Green and White) Almost complete but I will not glue the wing shut until the LED's are installed.

Mudman1959
Apr 16, 2016, 04:45 AM
chocolatehaule
UFO for sure b2
Apr 16, 2016, 04:54 AM
chocolatehaule

UFO sighting

Cool lights b2
May 26, 2016, 08:21 AM
Thread OP
The New replacement will be up and flying soon, I just ordered all of the LED's for it so that I can finish the build. I need to have this one up and ready for the Fly In in Saranac Mi. for the July 4th. weekend.
Mudman1959
Jun 08, 2016, 05:35 PM
Thread OP
Update... 06/08/2016
The LED's are going in... Going to be similar to the old Raiden in the layout of the LED's but with a few changes. The wingtips will flash and the main lights will be on a remote controlled switch. Hope to have it flying soon... Mudman1959
Jun 16, 2016, 09:27 AM
Thread OP
The colors are starting to emerge from the Raiden #2... Mudman1959
Jun 16, 2016, 06:06 PM
Thread OP
All Dressed Up... (0 min 57 sec)
Jul 05, 2016, 10:10 AM
Thread OP

Reciever issues...

I found out that the older Spektrum receivers are very susceptible to 2.4 broadband transmissions. I was taken out of the air three times at CIFI this year from it. The planes that I have with the newer receivers (DSM-X) worked fine in the same area on the field. I had to do a field rebuild on the Raiden to get it back up and flying only to get it knocked out again and almost going into the flight line crowd area. I was lucky and regained the control and was able to land it in the parking lot area with only minor damage to the plane and no one or anything hurt. Looks like its time to start upgrading the older receivers... Mudman1959
Jul 20, 2016, 08:57 PM
Thread OP
Well back to the building table for this one... I got shot down for a third and final time at CIFI so I retired the old receiver. Took a good look at the airframe today and there was more internal damage then it looked like so I stripped it out and will need to re-cut a new one. We can rebuild it... We have the technology... Round 3 coming up... Stay tuned.
Mudman1959
Jul 28, 2016, 06:02 PM
Thread OP

#3 in the works...

Well... Maybe #3 will be the one that stays around for awhile. I really like how this plane flies and it's a great platform for a night flyer. What you see is about 5 hours of work. Working on getting the LED's in and all working. I should have it up flying soon... Stay tuned.

Mudman1959

Quick Reply