Aug 16, 2004, 07:38 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Bad week at the office......

What a week. First I lose my Stryker in the field next to my house. Not too bad, as I found the plane eventually (with the help of a step ladder). The servos, ESC and receiver still work. Problem is, my kontronic 400-26 and Tanic 3000 3s2p were lost. How, you ask? well the motor mount broke (high g turn); pulling the ESC and battery out of the plane. That was painful.

A couple of days later, I'm flying my S&B TA-152. Just a leisurely racetrack circuit. At the furthest point from me, I start losing elevator response (damn cirrus servos). Just need to clear an area that was flooded by the recent rains. Guess not - heard the crash - hey not too bad, foam floats. Except it didn't hit water, nor hard ground. It buried itself in about a foot of mud. I can probably write off my Mega 6t, Ph-25, Berg 4, TP2100 3s and servos. Arrrgh!

Fast forward to yesterday. Resurrected the Stryker - had another 6t sitting around. First flight - strange... Never heard that sound before..... Well, write off another 6T - demagged the motor....

All in all a pretty expensive week in this hobby. I'm afraid to do the math on this one......

Joe
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply