The Sorceress looks amazing Tony.
Thanks mate ... its a bit different eh

Lockey
Apr 15, 2016, 08:42 AM
When cows fly!
Keep up the great work Lockey!
Apr 15, 2016, 02:55 PM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Will this one be the first out of the cnc? I knew you where working on it!.....
Apr 15, 2016, 05:44 PM

Sorceress adjustments

Hey Lockey I was looking at the top and side view of this beauty. But it seems a little "out" with the length of the tail. Not your doing obviously...... I got your rendering and lengthened the tail to what my eye, looks good.
Guys have a look and tell me what you rekon... and it will have a better momentum arm, an all that flying stuff.....
Apr 15, 2016, 06:29 PM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
I can see what you are saying Duke but it was taken from the 3 views of the real one ... although I did think the tail surfaces (both horizontal and vertical) needed to be made a bit bigger

By the way, what sort of size you you think ???

Lockey
Apr 15, 2016, 06:47 PM
Yes I know you used the same dimensions as the original. And this aspect of the design (Short tail) "troubled" me from the first photo I seen of it.
The size of the H and V slabs normally have to be bigger that the "full size" plane as I've read with the development of there models.
What you reckon 30% growth ???

Now size --- well,.. anything for 900mm to 1600mm W/s will be a good target for kit sales.
But see what size you can fit on 2 sheets of depron.
I went on Youtube and couldn't find any video of this plane with the proper Scale dimensions, there's only 2 videos of models that where no where near scale.
Looks like your on a winner!
Apr 15, 2016, 07:00 PM
For plane size, 1100 MM is always a winner, just for the fact that so many electronics options
Apr 15, 2016, 07:19 PM
At present its about 1200 top wing and 990 bottom and overall length (as it is now) is about 1200 ... so its actually quite long already for the WS Duke ... I think because the top wing is so far back from the front, it looks a bit out of proportion

I had wondered about dropping the top wing back to a tad under a metre to fit on a Depron sheet

Because I have only done the drawing and not started working on construction methods etc, I need to set the size now before I continue

Lockey
Apr 15, 2016, 07:50 PM
Retired CAD guy
Heck , Lockey, Foam is 1000mm wide so your wings could be 2M on the top !

OK maybe a tad smaller due to shipping considerations.

For me I'd rather see More or smaller parts than BENT large parts .

Just a thought , do as you see fit.

Best

Bob
Apr 15, 2016, 08:00 PM
I agree with Bob, If you want a smaller version then you just scale down the pdf plan.
I do think wings separate is a good idea, how many planes have you crashed because the wing snapped at the join......... I suspect it's zero, mate.
Whatever size you make it, I'll be wanting one!!
Apr 15, 2016, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet
I agree with Bob, If you want a smaller version then you just scale down the pdf plan.
I do think wings separate is a good idea, how many planes have you crashed because the wing snapped at the join......... I suspect it's zero, mate.
Whatever size you make it, I'll be wanting one!!
You are right Duke .. I will go with what I have ..

Lockey
Apr 15, 2016, 09:25 PM
OK, this is the motor I am going to go with for the Sorceress ... I originally bought it to go with the ME-109 but this one is a much more interesting project and this motor should do the job quite well probably with a 13" prop

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

I will set the firewall up for this one and it will have to be changed for a different one, I thought I would go with a 82 mm (3 1/4") spinner

Comments please as these things will have to be decided before I can do the nose

Lockey

Quick Reply