Swiwin turbojet reviews - RC Groups
Apr 10, 2016, 07:49 PM
Discussion

Swiwin turbojet reviews

It seems this turbine is being rebranded all over the world with different brands.

Is it promissing?

Were is service made China?

Fuel consumption similar to other brands?

Cheers

Juan
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2016, 01:07 PM
Yea I just bought one and I guess I should not have, it seems everyone buys the king tec k60g.
The swiwinn doesnt come with a manual or any information about set up, matainence, service
Apr 14, 2016, 02:15 PM
Could still be a good engine. I wonder what the failure rate is?
Aug 31, 2016, 12:27 PM
Jet wanna-be
can anyone comment on these turbines??
Aug 31, 2016, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhernandez
can anyone comment on these turbines??
I'm waiting too
Aug 31, 2016, 05:00 PM
Imho for the money get the kingtech k60. The price is now lower almost matching the swinwin, they have usa support, they are proven, and also the newest versions have upgraded ecu's with the auto restart.
Aug 31, 2016, 05:59 PM
Jet wanna-be
I contacted a Swiwin dealer in China, he mentioned that the GJC "ACE" is the same, just rebranded. And as others mentioned, GJC supports them in the USA (but support seems to happen offshore) DragonHobby is offering the Swiwin also.

The dealers in China offer 25hrs and/or 1 year of warranty (but yopu pay for the shipping to CN)
Last edited by gjhernandez; Aug 31, 2016 at 07:00 PM.
Aug 31, 2016, 06:57 PM
wannabe Jet guy
gjhernandez, You might want to make your post a little more clear, there seems to be no Support for Swiwin in the USA, but GJC supports their turbines in the USA.

As to the comments from TailDrager, I own both brands (Kingtech and Ace) you should make it known on your comments that you are a KingTech dealer and are basically advertising for yourself in threads.

Ralph

Quote:
I contacted a Swiwin dealer in China, he mentioned that the GJC "ACE" is the same, just rebranded. And as others mentioned, no service in the USA. DragonHobby is offering the Swiwin also.

The dealers in China offer 25hrs and/or 1 year of warranty (but yopu pay for the shipping to CN)
Aug 31, 2016, 07:01 PM
Jet wanna-be
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA
gjhernandez, You might want to make your post a little more clear, there seems to be no Support for Swiwin in the USA, but GJC supports their turbines in the USA.

Ralph

Yeah! edited my comment.

Ok so, do you own an ACE? how has it been so far? how does it compare to Kingtech?
Aug 31, 2016, 07:06 PM
"In Thrust I Trust"
CRCJA

Does GJC perform turbine service here in the USA or just handles the paperwork and forwards the turbines to Swiwin in China?

Cheers!
Desert Fox
Sep 01, 2016, 04:26 PM
wannabe Jet guy
They both run great, My Kingtech does not have the auto start, I sent it in for an upgrade and they told me they could not do it yet because they where still gearing up and if the engine was running fine, to leave it alone. That was my Kingtech 100G, I now also have a Kingtech 140G.

My ACE, has not taken flight, it is installed in a MIG-15 but I have many ground runs, one of these ways I will take time out to go flying. Ace was the first manufacturer to offer the Auto Restart and they have been doing it since march of this year. Mike Lin advised me at that time that he was setting up a shop here in the US to handle service locally, but I don't know if that has been completed. If he does the paperwork and it gets shipped elsewhere, it's still fine with me because GJC is the point of contact for support.

I own various brands, so I don't really trash one for another unless the turbine is actually junk below are my actual pictures.

1. Jetcat
2. Jet Central
3. ACE
4. EvoJet
5. KingTech.

Ralph

Quote:
Yeah! edited my comment.

Ok so, do you own an ACE? how has it been so far? how does it compare to Kingtech?
Last edited by CRCJA; Sep 02, 2016 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Spelling
Sep 01, 2016, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA

As to the comments from TailDrager, I own both brands (Kingtech and Ace) you should make it known on your comments that you are a KingTech dealer and are basically advertising for yourself in threads.

Ralph
Actually i wasnt trashing the swinwin. The OP was asking about a swinwin while you are touting the ace/rebranded swinwin. For all I know it may be a great turbine. Just stating the obvious. Yes I am a kingtech dealer but i wasnt plugging my business just stating what has worked for me and why buy a chinese turbine with little information and no in states service when there are other options around the same price with usa service and proven records.? He could of course buy the rebranded ace and have usa support as well as the kingtech, However if i wanted to plug my business i essentially can do that being i am a paying sponsor of rcg just fyi.
Last edited by taildragger21; Sep 01, 2016 at 09:25 PM.
Sep 02, 2016, 12:38 AM
wannabe Jet guy
To each his own, since this was a question about a Swiwin and the ACE was brought up. Other things aside, both are made out of the country, both have support in USA, but only one might have local techs. My Jet Centrals have to travel to Mexico and that has never bothered me. I will ask Mike if they have made their facility here next time I talk to them in a Jet Rally. As an FYI, GJC has been around longer than Kingtech. Dirk and Barry at Kingtech go out of their way to support their products, but so does Mike Lin. It's the old Ford vs Chevy, fly what you like, what you can afford.

as a sponsor you might be able to tout your products, but I think you should at least be familiar with the other products people are asking about in order to respond on their threads. IMHO it is over spamming/marketing. No different than what EasyTiger used to do.

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by taildragger21
Actually i wasnt trashing the swinwin. The OP was asking about a swinwin while you are touting the ace/rebranded swinwin. For all I know it may be a great turbine. Just stating the obvious. Yes I am a kingtech dealer but i wasnt plugging my business just stating what has worked for me and why buy a chinese turbine with little information and no in states service when there are other options around the same price with usa service and proven records.? He could of course buy the rebranded ace and have usa support as well as the kingtech, However if i wanted to plug my business i essentially can do that being i am a paying sponsor of rcg just fyi.
Sep 02, 2016, 01:38 AM
K..
Last edited by taildragger21; Sep 02, 2016 at 02:01 AM.
Sep 02, 2016, 12:46 PM
Jet wanna-be
I ask about the Swiwin/ACE because I donīt live in the US, so I can save up to $700 If I get a combo (plane+turbine) from a dealer in China rather from a dealer in the US (GJC, DragonHobby, BH, etc),
So thatīs why I want to know more about them,. So yes, I would have to send it to China for Service/repairs so I have to take that into account.