Apr 10, 2016, 08:39 AM
That looks to be the Starmax Mig 15 since it is all red on top. A rare plane now and difficult to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Jon
The looks to be a well done Fishbed model and IMO is a really nice addition to the Freewing fleet Alpha. When you said "the naxt plane after the F-14 was going to be more simple"...i figured Mig-15, but the 21 will also work! Very smart going with the larger scale and using the smaller fan. This makes the "packaging" (fitting of fan/batts/landing gear) so much easier. Very impressed and there goes the tax refund

Now just to point out the big red elephant in the room, whats the story with the Mig15 in the picture??? Is that a new freewing, 70mm maybe?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 10, 2016, 08:54 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
I test flew the 21 with the F-5 80mm power system, great performance and much faster than the stock FW F-86.....I know because I couldn't keep up with the Mig-21 during our high speed formation passes.

Alpha stated 6S Mig-21 will be $299, optional 8S version for I believe $349.
Apr 10, 2016, 08:58 AM
Foam addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy
I test flew the 21 with the F-5 80mm power system, great performance and much faster than the stock FW F-86.....I know because I couldn't keep up with the Mig-21 during our high speed formation passes.

Alpha stated 6S Mig-21 will be $299, optional 8S version for I believe $349.
There is both inrunner and outrunner F-5 power systems. Was it the inrunner you used?
What battery?
Thanks!
Apr 10, 2016, 09:05 AM
Foam abuser!
Saw it yesterday, stunning performance on the standard 80mm 6S system. Got several pics of the formation flight yesterday, will upload when I get back home to AZ tomorrow.

Pat
Apr 10, 2016, 09:25 AM

M21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryX1001
Love it! remembers me when i flew Falcon from spectrum Holobyte on the Amiga
is there a Chance to mod it to 90mm?
Sure you can Gary. Easily done by a hobby knife. Buy the kit plus and plant a high powered 90 and u will love it.
Apr 10, 2016, 09:29 AM
Well done! I too am curious on the setups. The lack of a nose intake is an impressive feat. Being as large as it is probably allows the relatively small fan to use the available openings to great efficiency.
Well done...now wheres the video
Apr 10, 2016, 09:37 AM
Gorilla Glue Expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopetista
......that nose - am I right that it appears pretty solid and sturdy (nice against that hangar rash etc), but at the same time, not used as an air intake, so that all the air is entering via cheaters?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha.MotionRC
The shock cone is plastic, and attaches onto a plastic base which itself attaches to the plastic outer intake wall by four suspended tabs. Translation: the intake is fully functional, and augmented by the cheater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cox
Well done! I too am curious on the setups. The lack of a nose intake is an impressive feat. Being as large as it is probably allows the relatively small fan to use the available openings to great efficiency.
Well done...now wheres the video
Unless I'm way out, it would appear the nose intake is open for bizness.
Apr 10, 2016, 09:39 AM
Any video?
Apr 10, 2016, 09:40 AM
Foam abuser!
There is a functioning intake on the nose, and a cheater in the belly just ahead of the fan.

Pat
Apr 10, 2016, 09:47 AM
FLYGIRLJAMIES'S DAD
going to have to have one of these. love the finish don't change it.

Kevin
Apr 10, 2016, 09:49 AM
Wow, very nice Mig-21. Damn it there goes the bank account again. If this one can fly from grass, or or club puts in textile runway I am in (again). I should work out a deal with MotionRC where I donate a portion of my pay-check to them and every once in a while they send me the latest Jet/warbird.

Brent
Apr 10, 2016, 11:57 AM
Wanted: More Time to Fly
Well, looks liked I'm subbed to this thread. Curse you MRC and Freewing for releasing a nice MiG after I just got a Kamdax MiG-15.
Looks like I'll have a to wait a bit in the meantime...
Xplaneguy, was that a Starmax MiG-15 in the formation lineup with the FW F-86 and MiG-21?
Apr 10, 2016, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=carbonexpress;34488489...love the finish don't change it...[/QUOTE]

+1 (nothing against two schemes, silver AND camo, of course)
Apr 10, 2016, 12:35 PM
Classic jets rule
The intake ducting appeared to be as per full scale.it splits and goes around the cockpit area.
Apr 10, 2016, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikeStaff
Unless I'm way out, it would appear the nose intake is open for bizness.
Ahhh....I was looking at it on my phone and it really looked like the intake was not open. Now that I'm on the PC, I can clearly see that I was mistaken. Thanks!

Quick Reply