Apr 10, 2016, 01:37 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Jon-It's the old Starmax 70mm Mig-15. A few of us still fly them at Apollo from time to time.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 10, 2016, 01:39 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut
Cool shot tony!
Thanks Brent! It was also cool to see all three in the air.
Apr 10, 2016, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy
Jon-It's the old Starmax 70mm Mig-15. A few of us still fly them at Apollo from time to time.
Hey Tony .. You need to brush the cobwebs from your fleet now & again??
Apr 10, 2016, 01:57 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Oh yeah....I recently had an old school EDF Sunday session, which was so much fun! Flying 7 year old jets and they're still a blast.
Apr 10, 2016, 02:01 AM
No reason why not .. If they were a good airframe they'll keep flying nice for another 10 yrs.. Looks like you guys were having fun at Apollo in amongst the rain..
Apr 10, 2016, 02:15 AM
pete05
Its a very nice looking plane but why didnt they go 90mm? Seems the plane is well large enough for 90mm.
Please tell me they are bring something out in 90mm...
Apr 10, 2016, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut
Super freakin cool. Im not a huge 21 guy, but i do like them. This one looks so good...you might turn me!

Ps..what fw190 is that?
It`s a new German fighter from FlightLine.?
Apr 10, 2016, 03:16 AM
Builder & Pilot
Love it! remembers me when i flew Falcon from spectrum Holobyte on the Amiga
is there a Chance to mod it to 90mm?
Apr 10, 2016, 04:45 AM
I'd rather be Flying
The plane looks positively huge in most of the pictures.
If I can assume that this is the 80 mm Freewing F-5 in this picture, then it's really not so big after all. In this picture of the two planes the Mig fuse seems to be the same length and the wingspan a tiny bit smaller then the F-5.
The fuse definitely looks bigger when viewed from the side, but narrower when viewed from the top. The vertical stab is huge, and it and the highly swept horizontal stabs extend well beyond the aft end of the fuse. I think these visual cues make the plane appear larger than it really is.
Bottom line is performance. Does it perform at least as well as the stock 80 mm F-86, and can it take off of a well manicured, close cut grass field? If it does, I'm in!
Last edited by davecee; Apr 10, 2016 at 04:56 AM.
Apr 10, 2016, 06:47 AM
No friggin way this is awesome a must buy.

A mate of mine used to work on these in the Czech airforce. He spent ages getting a het working well, only for freezing to bring one out. Might convince him to go foam
Last edited by TyberJV44; Apr 10, 2016 at 06:54 AM.
Apr 10, 2016, 07:36 AM
Foam addict
Nice model! Certainly will be generating plenty of interest.
How did they get enough power from 80mm? Is it 8S?
What does it weigh?
Innrunner? What battery and flight time?
Last edited by 4stripes; Apr 10, 2016 at 07:56 AM.
Apr 10, 2016, 07:59 AM
killickb
Very nice, a real grunt jet from the days when planes had character! Hope they leave the paint job as is -- the camo versions seem to loose the brute appearance of the 21.

Machinchy flies a turbine version that is awesome.

Suspect this one is going to drain more $ from the bank account
Apr 10, 2016, 08:20 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by He 219
It`s a new German fighter from FlightLine.?
It's Freewing's 1120mm Fw190, repainted by Alpha.

http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-foc...-wingspan-pnp/
Apr 10, 2016, 08:28 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellHathNoFury
No reason why not .. If they were a good airframe they'll keep flying nice for another 10 yrs.. Looks like you guys were having fun at Apollo in amongst the rain..
True, I still have a bunch of great school jets and working with Alpha to modernize a few....all fun projects!

Yep....we're back at Apollo today with better weather forecasted. Hope to see a few more new pilots flying the Motion RC fleet.
Apr 10, 2016, 08:38 AM
Gorilla Glue Expert

Oh, yeah!

GO, FREEWING!! Keep stepping up with planes like this and you will surely retire rich men .

As desperately as I pine for that beloved Scooter, this is a MiG I could be flying. Grass operation is almost a must; keeps with FW's objective of simple, and the 1:1's operational standard. What a fantastic choice!

Way to hang, FW! NOW - bring on that big 90mm A4 Skyhawk!

Quick Reply