EC-12 class - Page 5 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 30, 2016, 12:16 AM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragresen
Actually the boat has herself a good Scottish Name: Ceasg. if she flies it is due to the crazy amount of wet sanding and polishing of the hull and then any skill I have.
Cool!! Looking forward to some pic's or vid of her Maiden!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
to remove ads between posts
May 04, 2016, 01:03 PM
So who is coming to Soak at the Oak???
May 09, 2016, 09:42 AM
We got one more day left for registration for Soak At The Oak. Do you know if Sully is planning on racing? As it sits, we have 12 or 13, plus at least one more local sailor that needs to register.

Heres the list as of this morning:
Chuck M. (SC)
Scott D. (NC)
Dennis H (SC)
Gerry C. (NC)
David L. (GA)
Ken W. (GA)
Ron S. (NC)
Chuck E. (GA)
Scott V. (GA)
Lew E. (GA)
Tom L. (VA)
Martin R. (NC)
Steve Helander (depending on boat count)

2 or 3 more possible/probables...
May 09, 2016, 09:45 AM
Steve,
Please count Sully in. I will get him to contact you

Scott
May 10, 2016, 12:35 AM
Commodore Steve, As a measure of club support for this event I offer my services to you in what ever capacity I'm qualified to help with to make it a memorable event for all participants, Tim aka Cap'n Hax PS...Besides my Victoria NEEDS some un gunked up NEW waters to spread her wings in!!!( off racing times of course!)
Last edited by haxawsnavy; May 10, 2016 at 12:48 AM. Reason: added PS
May 10, 2016, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haxawsnavy
Commodore Steve, As a measure of club support for this event I offer my services to you in what ever capacity I'm qualified to help with to make it a memorable event for all participants, Tim aka Cap'n Hax PS...Besides my Victoria NEEDS some un gunked up NEW waters to spread her wings in!!!( off racing times of course!)
Hax: If you want to go, I will get you up there. I am planning to camp out Friday night.

Scott
May 11, 2016, 08:53 AM
Thanks, Hax. Volunteers are always handy. You guys need to get on Sully. He hasnt registered yet.
May 11, 2016, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevezero
Thanks, Hax. Volunteers are always handy. You guys need to get on Sully. He hasnt registered yet.
Talked to him today. He is staying in Charlotte to run Races that day. Lots of new members now!!!
May 16, 2016, 08:54 AM
Jacksonville Model Yacht Club

We had 8 boats on the water with an A wind that shifted from NE to E to SE during the day.

The tried the 'line of excellence' and we set a second starting line, about 5 and a half boat lengths back of the real starting line. After the first race, the first and second place boats had to start behind the line of excellence and still go thru the starting line. Joe didn't like the requirement to make the starting line, but Tom was the one who got trapped not making it and lost several more places to the fleet.

Interesting results. The two boats that started the first line of excellance race finished 1st and 4th in that race. In the next it was 1st and 7th.
then 2nd and 8th
5th and 4th
4th and 5th
4th and 6th
2nd and 4th
1st and 2nd
1st and 2nd
2nd and 6th

Finishing order
Bremer
Walter
Pardee
Phillips
Ward
Witzel
Wells
Ligon

Six skippers made at least one trek to the line of excellence. Frank Ligon got taken out by the scorers boat who was not paying attention to his boat and sailed the rest of the day with a B rig. Bad luck last place earning him a bottle of FULL SAIL Lager. Might not make him faster, but dulls the pain maybe. Sorry Frank.
Baron Bremer was first, but he does not need Full Sails, so just got a Sam Adams for his efforts.

Joe was 2nd to Baron for the day by one point, and pointed out that the scorer had not posted the boat number correctly and two 24 boats had been scored without the mainsail identifyier. Sorry Joe, 'maybe you was robbed'. But it does point out the value of jib numbers that are unique in a race. maybe Grant should make his jib 724. Or we can use some blue tape to make a 124.

Seems the consensus was the Line of Excellence was a fun experiment and we might do it again. Next Beer series race is June 19, Fathers Day. Who would like to step up to be the lead for that day? You get to be in charge of the course setting and format. We need to have score sheets and a clip board to make scoring easier.
I have the Full Sail and am looking for another appropriate beer. I said I would provide the race day beer awards and the final series
I said for the Summer beer races, "Winner gets a cold beer. Last place who finishes all races gets one as well. I'll buy. If you want to make it a best 3 of 4 count series, we could do that too. Should be worth a six pack for the winner."

I did not get any input on series or on the six pack for the series, so each stands on its own at this point.

unless we would like to provide a club award.
We have enough in the club funds to have a picnic or beer fest for the last one. When is our annual meeting?

Tom Phillips
May 16, 2016, 03:35 PM
sounds to me like a fun time was had.
May 16, 2016, 07:02 PM
SWEET,!! A #25 trophy is "worth playing for" quote from TV Series Reality show SURVIVOR,...HEE-HE-hee-he!!! Watch out Soak @ The Oak,! QCMYC will be there!!!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
May 19, 2016, 05:09 PM
So the boat is getting close to decking time for me. will be starting to make sure the hull widths are in class specs and then likely get my deck on in the morning. Goal is to Race Sunday.
May 19, 2016, 07:08 PM
1896 is ready to rock and roll!!!
May 19, 2016, 08:23 PM
Good Sailing to all Skippers no matter the results!! Maybe I can go next year. Tim aka Cap'n Hax
May 20, 2016, 12:39 PM
A little build update. Deck is being put on. Drying time at this stage. hope to trim later tonight or tomorrow morning.
Last edited by Ragresen; May 20, 2016 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Added one more picture