EC-12 class - Page 3 - RC Groups
Apr 12, 2016, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick L.
Hi Ted -

I didn't see if the Park requires entry fees or permits ? I am in the area (north) in Saginaw this weekend, and if time and family connections make it possible, I might try to escape and drive down to watch. Please let me know about park fees, if you would.

Thanks, Dick L.
There is a park fee Dick, I think it is $5.00 maybe $7.00. I always buy a season pass so I'm not sure what the daily pass cost is.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2016, 10:17 PM
That's what I was guessing, so assume daily pass wouldn't be much more than that. Been some time since I visited any parks, but like here, govt. needs to suck up dollars. If I can free up some time, I'll drive down to watch.......and will see if I can find you

Thank you for your reply.

Dick
Apr 12, 2016, 10:49 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
http://www.metroparks.com/kensington-metropark

park website bottom of page $10 per vehicle, or bike or walk in for free

Looks like you better find out where they will be!
Apr 17, 2016, 08:53 AM
The Kensington RC Model Yacht Club in Southeast Michigan had their first ever EC12 event on Saturday the 16th. It was a near perfect day for day sailing with only one exception...no wind to start and very puffy and shifty conditions when the wind showed up. It didn't really matter as there were 15 boats in attendance and everyone had a great time getting out sailing for the first day of the 2016 season. It is going to be a fun season for the Michigan EC12 sailors.

Dave Ramos of Chesapeake Performance Yachts drove out to Michigan to deliver three new boats to the new very happy owners to add to the Michigan fleet. They are absolutely beautiful yachts!
Last edited by TedFlack; Apr 17, 2016 at 09:14 AM.
Apr 23, 2016, 05:42 PM
We are sailing EC12's tomorrow at 11am in Pineville NC
Last edited by scottd9990; Apr 23, 2016 at 06:07 PM. Reason: sss
Apr 24, 2016, 04:34 PM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways

EC Day designated

Hi Everyone,! We now have 5 EC's in our club,( and maybe a 6th member is considering it) So we decided they needed their own day to sail/race as a pic below will attest is better for us lil guys. .Today was just a primer of things to come when the remaining 3 boats are completed n ready for sea trials. Todays wind was back to it's usual squirrelly tricks and tapering off by the time I shot these, but we still had a fun time of it. Well nuff blab here's the shots,........ Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Last edited by haxawsnavy; Apr 26, 2016 at 09:43 PM.
Apr 25, 2016, 09:26 AM
Just need to hurry up and get my boat built
Apr 25, 2016, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragresen
Just need to hurry up and get my boat built
Hi,! Feel free to post some pic's here. That's what I started this for,(just don't convert it please), to a complete BUILD THREAD! HEE-HE-hee-he!!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Apr 25, 2016, 04:15 PM
I sure love my 12, nothing sails like a bigger boat. We had a great time just match racing yesterday. Both 12's are even. Let me know if you need any info on your build. You are welcome to borrow my boat to copy anything you want.

scott
Apr 25, 2016, 08:07 PM
I will post a few of her, but not going to take over ya thread. We met at Gone with the Wind. I was the guy out on the rescue boat trying to save all the guys in trouble
Apr 25, 2016, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragresen
I will post a few of her, but not going to take over ya thread. We met at Gone with the Wind. I was the guy out on the rescue boat trying to save all the guys in trouble
Hi R, I know 99.9 % members here wouldn't, Just adding in for future insurance down the way, Meant no offense. BTW, the guy in the "rescue " pic of my Victoria is the Skipper you met @ GWTWR! Scott is a good friend and club mate!, I'm the guy on the other side of the Kcam!! Lookin forward to seeing your boat. If you ever get up this way be sure n come sail with us ,We'll loan ya a boat of some kind if you don't bring one!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Last edited by haxawsnavy; Apr 25, 2016 at 08:34 PM. Reason: reduced punctuation
Apr 26, 2016, 06:42 PM
Cool. I will have my choice between a Seawind, Carbon Seawind, and my EC12 soon enough.
Apr 27, 2016, 07:21 AM
Get at least 2 of the 3..why choose? LOL
Apr 27, 2016, 10:03 AM
I own all those types of boats currently. the EC12 is being built right now.
Apr 27, 2016, 11:23 AM

choosing boats

why choose? life is too short not to build what you want and need.
43 boats and climbing.
Mike