EC-12 class - Page 2 - RC Groups
Apr 11, 2016, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appowner
I like that paint scheme. I'll wager the pictures do not do it justice. Did you do it or have it done?
It was done for the previous owner by an artist down in PA I think. Yes, it is amazing in person. Here's the link to more pics and the listing.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2638248

SJ
Last edited by SailingJunkie; Apr 11, 2016 at 09:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2016, 06:07 PM
hi guys,
here are a couple photos of mine.its an older hickman.i don't get to sail it as often as i would like.it is one of my favorite sailboats.
thank you
john
Apr 11, 2016, 08:29 PM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways
Looks Nice John,! I like the water glare reflecting on your hull n bow AND in the water zoomed in on the first pic !! Usually it's only the other way round, the BOAT reflects in the water!!! NICE SHOT!!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Apr 12, 2016, 04:56 AM
Brighto?
Everything you always wanted to know about EC12's found here.
http://www.ec12.org/
Apr 12, 2016, 05:16 AM
W Kuhns
Ahoy!!! Captains. . I just love this class. I had a Newport some years back. It had to be sold at the time. I miss it. However, I t has now inspired me to build something similar all home made. As Captain Hax knows. Just wanted to drop a friendly hello from Connecticut. Bill
Apr 12, 2016, 06:49 AM
Hi Bill, Welcome!! Hope Spring has finally come to CT?

Scott
Apr 12, 2016, 06:50 AM
I am in need of a set of B Rig EC12 Sails that are not already marked with sail numbers. Anyone out there with a nice set of sails, shoot me a note.

Scott
Apr 12, 2016, 08:36 AM
W Kuhns
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottd9990

Scott
nope still cold and rainy but this weekend?? 70 degrees I will be sailing even 8f I'm still in trial mode with her
Apr 12, 2016, 08:42 AM
W Kuhns
Scott D can you tell me the difference in a b and c rigs. I was not into racing or anything with my boats. Hense never learned alot of the terms and accessories and what used for. Thank you. Oh here is mine. She is still in design mode and sailing trials. But I'm close. She is Just and out of my head design. No plans ect. About the size of ec12. CAPTAIN Hax knows alot about her
Apr 12, 2016, 08:54 AM
The differences in the different rigs are the size of the sails mainly. A rig is the fullest and tallest set up the rigs. best sails for light air conditions. B Right is a good sail for winds over 13 mph sustained. C is not used very often if at all down this way but I hear the New Zealand guys use them a lot. Over all the sails hold close to the same square inches in area. B and C may be a bit less than A but that gain more volume in the lower areas of the sail. Over all if you are not racing the different sets of sails may not make as much a difference to you, but when Racing it becomes a power vs control factor and the B right and C rig will give less power and more control in heavier winds than the A. for a look at the measurements of the rigs you can see the sail dimensions in the rules for the class at https://www.theamya.org/boats/ec12/
Apr 12, 2016, 10:23 AM
W Kuhns
Quote:

Scott
nope still cold and rainy but this weekend?? 70 degrees I will be sailing even 8f I'm still in trial mode with her
Apr 12, 2016, 10:59 AM
Quote:
I am in need of a set of B Rig EC12 Sails that are not already marked with sail numbers. Anyone out there with a nice set of sails, shoot me a note.

Scott
Scott, most are marked with a sharpie which can be removed with denatured alcohol. New are around $150. You are looking for an old, unmarked set? Not sure there are many laying around.

SJ
Apr 12, 2016, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailingJunkie
Scott, most are marked with a sharpie which can be removed with denatured alcohol. New are around $150. You are looking for an old, unmarked set? Not sure there are many laying around.

SJ
Not really, I am looking for a very nice set to race with. I think I have a deal in the works, Thanks!!

Scott
Apr 12, 2016, 08:15 PM
For years there were a few EC12's in the South East corner of Michigan but no racing. Now with the new Kensington RC Model Yacht Club being formed and interest growing like crazy there are about a dozen EC12's in the area and a full schedule of racing for this season kicking off with a one day event this Saturday to celebrate the delivery of these three new boats from Chesapeake Performance Models (Dave Ramos).

See post #5 for club details.

Aren't they beautiful!
Apr 12, 2016, 08:55 PM
Hi Ted -

I didn't see if the Park requires entry fees or permits ? I am in the area (north) in Saginaw this weekend, and if time and family connections make it possible, I might try to escape and drive down to watch. Please let me know about park fees, if you would.

Thanks, Dick L.