EC-12 class - RC Groups
Apr 09, 2016, 12:19 AM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways
Discussion

EC-12 class

Hi everyone!, I did a search here to see if any active threads were already here for this class, as our club has a handful n I know many others are in our area also. So, I'm opening this thread for everyone's enjoyment to share topic's, ???'s , pictures , links, events, ETC.ETC. that pertain to this class. I'll start the boat rockin with a couple shots of club members boats. Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Last edited by haxawsnavy; Oct 25, 2016 at 01:59 PM. Reason: changed lower case "c" to upper case "C" in title
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2016, 02:59 AM

Here is one for sale.

Have this boat in CT for sale. PM me if your interested. Full classified in boat section.

SJ
Apr 09, 2016, 06:26 AM
Racing in Atlanta today "Gone With the Wind Regatta". Winds are 20 plus today with gusts to 30. This is going to be interesting!!!

Scott
Apr 09, 2016, 07:39 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailingJunkie
Have this boat in CT for sale. PM me if your interested. Full classified in boat section.

SJ
I like that paint scheme. I'll wager the pictures do not do it justice. Did you do it or have it done?
Apr 09, 2016, 11:32 AM
Gringo42
EC-12 Spring Kickoff Regatta April 16, 2016
Hosted by the Kensington RCSailboat Racing Club!
location, Kensington Metro Park, Milford Michigan
Skippers meeting, 10:00am
First start, 10:30am
For additional information check our website, www.kensingtonrcsail.org or Facebook.
Apr 09, 2016, 04:16 PM
Some photos from today in Atlanta. My poor B Rig is mostly tape at this point.
Apr 09, 2016, 05:00 PM
More photos of Gone With Wind Regatta in Atlanta.
Apr 09, 2016, 05:51 PM
Looks like good wind, B- rig I bet!

Scott, say hi to Tom Philips for me

Bill Wells
Apr 09, 2016, 06:36 PM
Hi everyone @ the GWTW Regatta!! Great pic's S.D! Pic #1 post #7,... I don't think Mr. Brett will get through THAT blockade Miss Scarlet,! HEE-HE-hee-he!! Glad ya'll are havin Fun!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Apr 09, 2016, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigman
Looks like good wind, B- rig I bet!

Scott, say hi to Tom Philips for me

Bill Wells
Yea, it was blowing hard today, 20 plus most of the day.
Apr 09, 2016, 07:19 PM
From those pictures it looks like a C rig might have worked.

How often does a C rig get used?
Apr 10, 2016, 06:49 PM
it was a crazy wind weekend in Atlanta. had about 4 rigs go down and one near sinking no thanks to a hole on the underside of one boat. all boats recovered successfully. Scott you did very good for ya first big regatta and your boat is nice looking.
Apr 10, 2016, 07:26 PM
Final Report from Atlanta Gone With Wind Regatta: Today was much better with winds from the East around 12 mph. Most of the boats survived Saturday with several broken masts, ripped sails and a few boats got extra holes in the hull.
Sunday was cold but high A Rig wind.

Best I could manage was one 3rd place and a few 4 th place finishes. Nice bunch of guys and the Atlanta Yacht Club was a great host!!! Very nice job to all the Regatta Staff!! Thank You All!

Scott
Last edited by scottd9990; Apr 10, 2016 at 07:32 PM.
Apr 10, 2016, 09:03 PM
Thx SD .! Have a safe trip home! Holes in the Hulls??? got a rouge turtle down there??? or just, Rubbin is Racein ! LOL Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Apr 11, 2016, 08:05 AM
Hax, check out ec12.org, that is the main website for the class. There are discussion forums, building resource, a classifieds area, etc.

Some words of advice for those shopping for 12's.

Dumas hulls will most likely not be class legal. If in question prior to purchase, send an email to the ec12 class secretary (listed on the amya website or the ec12.org website).

Also, with any hull, make sure prior to purchase that the hull is listed in the class registry. Unless the hull is fresh from the mold, it should be registered with the class. Even then, there should be a YRN (Yacht Registration Number) sticker in the hull. Without that YRN, it will most likely not be allowed to be registered with the class.

There is a class measuring policy where certified measuring teams validate that the boat and rigs are compliant with the class measurements. If the boat has been measured, it should be sold/purchased with a copy of that dated certificate, and if it is non-compliant, it may be granted a waiver by the class secretary. That would be attached to the measurement certificate.

All of these items are the big ticket items that would be the difference between purchasing an ec12 to sail at the lake for fun and club level racing, to being allowed to compete in an AMYA sanctioned regional or national event .

Clubs in the area that sail ec12s. Your club, Greensboro Model Yacht Club, Piedmont Model Yacht Club (Elon, NC), Triangle Model Yacht Club (Raleigh, NC), Sun City down near you, Charleston, SC has a club, Hilton Head has a club, and Atlanta, GA has a club.

Steve