JYU Hornet S (in construction) - Page 5 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 11, 2016, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubsanHK
This quad tested twice and experienced some sudden ascending or descending by itself, also it land automatically while flying, I hope it is only the bug in the firmware not the hardware. Mine crashed last night due to fly away suddenly, 2 props broken.....

With the original firmware ... I had absoluptly 0 bug ...

I will try to contact my JYU correspondant
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2016, 04:20 AM
In fact no the ground station software installation is more easier ...
the trick yes is to wait this second "treeble" sound before to connect the quadcopter. Then the com will appear
Apr 11, 2016, 05:49 AM
-Add news photos, text & conclusions for the basic edition
Apr 11, 2016, 08:48 AM
H501S accessories available
Just upgraded the TX as well, I am using the 2nd method to upgrade as stated in the manual, as for the sudden ascending and descending, a lot of buyers experience such issue....
Apr 11, 2016, 08:57 AM
I checked your picture of the front compartment which you install the camera module and also there is no sticker on the back of your plane? Is it a proto type unit of yours?
Apr 11, 2016, 10:54 AM
Quote:
I checked your picture of the front compartment which you install the camera module and also there is no sticker on the back of your plane? Is it a proto type unit of yours?

No I don't think I have a pre-release... on the box was written that the quad have been produced 3 week ago approx
Apr 11, 2016, 11:06 AM
How come yours do not have the solder tips? can yours connect to camera module? You should ask them how come there is no sticker for your quad....
Apr 11, 2016, 11:19 AM
good news
i have news from jyu
hey dear

thanks for your inquiry . Our reserch and delopment are doing this app now , our Enjineer told it will apper on market in August

the waypoint function app of HORNET S , hope these message can give u some help

best regards

so yes waypoint wil be available..
Apr 11, 2016, 11:37 AM
The gimbal has been pushed back to mid of May, not sure about the app........
Apr 11, 2016, 12:15 PM
Quote:
How come yours do not have the solder tips? can yours connect to camera module? You should ask them how come there is no sticker for your quad....
Yes I will ask for sure .... Since I don't have any module, I can't tell if I have the correct/final connector.

Do you have some videos about your hornet S ? My radio refused to update so I guess I had already the last F/W
Last edited by SeByDocKy; Apr 11, 2016 at 12:36 PM.
Apr 11, 2016, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Yes I will ask for sure .... Since I don't have any module, I can't tell if I have the correct/final connector.

Do you have some videos about your hornet S ? My radio refused to update so I guess I had already the last F/W
For TX upgrade, you need to press the LED mode button on the top left corner and turn on the TX, it will upgrade using this method, I don't have video yet as it is different to film it using one hand at the moment, may be later......
Apr 11, 2016, 01:53 PM
Quote:
For TX upgrade, you need to press the LED mode button on the top left corner and turn on the TX, it will upgrade using this method, I don't have video yet as it is different to film it using one hand at the moment, may be later......

Ho thanks a lot ....

Where did you grab this info ? it's not written at least in the English manual ...
Apr 11, 2016, 06:04 PM
Res Ipsa Loquitur
Always sad to see a new quad with mud and broken props. Can you better describe the crash and what others have been experiencing, HHK? As you know I've got a Hubsan H501s but have been interested in this one too. But to Seby's point, I'm starting to think this is more interesting as a mini-DJI Phantom with the 2d gimbal. But at the $420 price on Banggood, you now close to Phantom 3 Standard territory...

I do like that there is an accessible ground station on this, as opposed to the Hubsan where all we get is firmware updates that may or may not improve the situation.

Quote:
This quad tested twice and experienced some sudden ascending or descending by itself, also it land automatically while flying, I hope it is only the bug in the firmware not the hardware. Mine crashed last night due to fly away suddenly, 2 props broken.....
Apr 11, 2016, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Ho thanks a lot ....

Where did you grab this info ? it's not written at least in the English manual ...
It is written in Chinese online manual
Apr 11, 2016, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamMateo
Always sad to see a new quad with mud and broken props. Can you better describe the crash and what others have been experiencing, HHK? As you know I've got a Hubsan H501s but have been interested in this one too. But to Seby's point, I'm starting to think this is more interesting as a mini-DJI Phantom with the 2d gimbal. But at the $420 price on Banggood, you now close to Phantom 3 Standard territory...

I do like that there is an accessible ground station on this, as opposed to the Hubsan where all we get is firmware updates that may or may not improve the situation.
That was windy nite with a bit of rain, only about 2 ms high, it just suddenly went backwards and hit the tree, not sure if I calibrate the compass wrong or lost GPS signal. The Kickstarter price was very tempting around USD230 with gimbal.