Apr 10, 2016, 08:33 AM
H501S accessories available
Firmware 2.0 is out......
to remove ads between posts
Apr 10, 2016, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubsanHK

Where you grab the sofrware ? at jyu.com directly ?
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Apr 10, 2016, 08:44 AM
http://en.jyu.com/Download/HornetSApp.zip
Apr 10, 2016, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Can you connect correctly ?

Personnaly I can't .....

but I managed to flash a new Hornet S firmware ... (by accident)
Seems I can still arm the quadcopter so

I hope It's still ok ...
Apr 10, 2016, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Can you connect correctly ?

Personnaly I can't .....

but I managed to flash a new Hornet S firmware ... (by accident)
Seems I can still arm the quadcopter so

I hope It's still ok ...
If you click connect, it will not have any indication, but if you just click upgrade, it will download the firmware and upgrade it. after 100%, it says finish......mine just crashed after testing, it was windy and a bit of rain, may be the GPS connection is not stable, it just lost of control, 2 props broken.....
Apr 10, 2016, 11:06 AM
Quote:
If you click connect, it will not have any indication, but if you just click upgrade, it will download the firmware and upgrade it. after 100%, it says finish......mine just crashed after testing, it was windy and a bit of rain, may be the GPS connection is not stable, it just lost of control, 2 props broken.....

Did you redo the compass calibration ? before ?

Me too I ugraded but I didn't want initially
Apr 10, 2016, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Did you redo the compass calibration ? before ?

Me too I ugraded but I didn't want initially
Yes I did the calibration and will test it again tmr.......
Apr 10, 2016, 12:55 PM
Good know I managed to connect to the GSS
More info to come but I installed another driver (not given in the 2.0)... but in my pre-release version.
Apr 10, 2016, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Their App has not released yet so may be it will available by then.......
yes perhaps but we need to add telemetrie module for this...so my question is if this module will be available soon
Apr 10, 2016, 01:22 PM
Ok

The procedure (I will try to produce a step by step video)

1) Install the app 2.0: http://en.jyu.com/Download/HornetSApp.zip After installation, you can check but no possibility to connect successfully after 1)

2) If you are in Windows 8 and above, restart Windows in order to install unsigned drivers (see
Install unsigned drivers windows 8 / 8 1 (6 min 27 sec)
). If not go to 3) directly

3) Power on the quad, plug the USB to your PC, go device manager and in display, display hidden device. Here you you should see something like "libusb-win32 device" and Inside something starting by %DeviceName2%

4) Right click on it and update driver. Seach the driver in my computer then "select among a list of drivers" and floppy provided....

5) Select the "HornetS_Bootloader.inf" from the zip "Upgrade.zip" I gave here... Unzip it somewhere

6) Press ok and it should install the files

7) Disconect USB.... and reconnect. It should install this new driver

8) Disconnect USB again. Power off the quad....

9)USB not plugged yet, Power on the quad wait after talalatalala" the unique treeble sound .... then now connect the USB....

10 Run the Groundstation software, select the COM available now

11) And voilą

12) To calibrate transmitter, you will need to connect the radio via microUSB to another PC USB port. Go to the RC tab...

13) Turn on the radio .... Here no mouvements appearing on the scree when moving stics.

14) Press "calibration" and now you should see some mouvement. As soon as you don't save ... I don't think there is an incidence
Last edited by SeByDocKy; Apr 10, 2016 at 02:13 PM.
Apr 10, 2016, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Ok

The procedure (I will try to produce a step by step video)

1) Install the app 2.0: http://en.jyu.com/Download/HornetSApp.zip After installation, you can check but no possibility to connect successfully after 1)

2) If you are in Windows 8 and above, restart Windows in order to install unsigned drivers (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSCTkz3ucV8). If not go to 3) directly

3) Power on the quad, plug the USB to your PC, go device manager and in display, display hidden device. Here you you should see something like "libusb-win32 device" and Inside something starting by %DeviceName2%

4) Right click on it and update driver. Seach the driver in my computer then "select among a list of drivers" and floppy provided....

5) Select the "HornetS_Bootloader.inf" from the zip "Upgrade.zip" I gave here... Unzip it somewhere

6) Press ok and it should install the files

7) Disconect USB.... and reconnect. It should install this new driver

8) Disconnect USB again. Power off the quad....

9)USB not plugged yet, Power on the quad wait after talalatalala" the unique treeble sound .... then now connect the USB....

10 Run the Groundstation software, select the COM available now

11) And voilą

12) To calibrate transmitter, you will need to connect the radio via microUSB to another PC USB port. Go to the RC tab...

13) Turn on the radio .... Here no mouvements appearing on the scree when moving stics.

14) Press "calibration" and now you should see some mouvement. As soon as you don't save ... I don't think there is an incidence
I am using win10 and I could installed the driver that comes with the update program, my drone could finished the update process, as said the first page with the connect button, mine was like no reaction at all if I click it, do you think I should install the driver you provide here......
Apr 10, 2016, 02:59 PM
Quote:
I am using win10 and I could installed the driver that comes with the update program, my drone could finished the update process, as said the first page with the connect button, mine was like no reaction at all if I click it, do you think I should install the driver you provide here......

No you see a COM port appearing in the bottom left ?

If no, you will have to install
Apr 11, 2016, 01:54 AM
Added new text, photos in #1-2
Apr 11, 2016, 02:38 AM
Quote:
No you see a COM port appearing in the bottom left ?

If no, you will have to install
There is is trick connecting to the update program, you need to turn on the quad and then plug in the cable, the LED will be red, if you connect cable first before turning on the quad, it won't work LED is also different....
Apr 11, 2016, 03:40 AM
This quad tested twice and experienced some sudden ascending or descending by itself, also it land automatically while flying, I hope it is only the bug in the firmware not the hardware. Mine crashed last night due to fly away suddenly, 2 props broken.....