JYU Hornet S (in construction) - Page 215 - RC Groups
Nov 05, 2017, 05:07 AM
Got new Racerstar 2205,2600kv Motors on my JYU Hornet S
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2017, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samste
correct, Though Beginners or first timers should probably update ?

Remote control v1.3

Yes the Hornet S is flying really well with the current firmwares and i had no issues too, I Love the pro mode speed of Hornet S
Are you flying stock props? mine is in pro mode twitching, not smooth.
Nov 05, 2017, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiat91
Got new Racerstar 2205,2600kv Motors on my JYU Hornet S
Nice
how's it flying with those?
Nov 05, 2017, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshRC
Are you flying stock props? mine is in pro mode twitching, not smooth.
Stock Props but the newer hornet s props not the original batch, the newer props dont have the metal lock nut coloured they are just plastic.
Nov 05, 2017, 01:48 PM
No,i fly King Kong 6040,not these on the photo (you can see it on the first photo)
It flys very good and faster
Nov 05, 2017, 03:47 PM
This ones
Nov 05, 2017, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Yes I too did Notice that i could power up gimbal a while back and thought if i covered the + power spring pinwith some plastic tape i could possible run the gimbal from a small 2s/ 3s lipo so not to drain the main battery as i think it can run at 8.4v.
Never ventured further with testing of separate lipo for gimbal while flying, i guess added weight and need to find somewhere to secure to hornet as well.
It does seem strange that it draws so much while flying with gimbal i always assumed it possibly the added weight of gimbal and gimbal current draw during flight.
But from what you mentioned that there was little current draw makes me think there must be weight or some other related issue.

LOL The Hornet 2 has this issue fixed with battery drain with gimbal, which doesnt help the HornetS owners
Fyi The Gimbal setup with Battery Pack on top That you Pictured would make a great Car Dvr on front Dash

(The Mav Is Awsome)
I guess a good test will be to add the same weight as the gimbal/LG to the Hornet and see how long it hovers for.
People are buying handheld gimbals for lots of money! I paid about US $150 for this 4k setup. Cheap!
Yes the Mav is Fantastic! I thought you'd be happy.
Last edited by oviking99; Nov 05, 2017 at 11:44 PM.
Nov 06, 2017, 06:42 AM
I just received the Hornet 2 3-axis gimbal 4K edition .... More to come of course in a specific thread
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Nov 06, 2017, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Fyi App Password for mass production release is "12345678" if this doesn't work then you received sample model and requires different password which i have.
I tried the 12345678 but it doesn't work ... Can PM the correct one ?
Nov 07, 2017, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
I tried the 12345678 but it doesn't work ... Can PM the correct one ?
Sent Pm
Nov 07, 2017, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Sent Pm

Thanks it's working with your.... so I am afraid I received a mixture of pre-release version. I got 4K@25 & 1080p@60. The gimbal-camera module is beaufifull but the beauty won't be enough if it's not super stabilized ... I will compare vs the xiaomi Mi 4K and the Vitus 320
Nov 08, 2017, 09:31 AM

My JYU Hornet 2 FPV version Unboxing

JYU Hornet 2 - Unboxing (Purchased from Banggood) (13 min 25 sec)

JYU Hornet 2 - RC Explanation/Firmware Update/Compass Calibration (23 min 30 sec)
Last edited by nelsonlee; Nov 11, 2017 at 12:03 PM.
Nov 14, 2017, 02:07 PM
Is there going to be an app for the Hornet S model? I see an app for the version 2, but not the S
Last edited by survivalist; Nov 14, 2017 at 02:18 PM.
Nov 15, 2017, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivalist
Is there going to be an app for the Hornet S model? I see an app for the version 2, but not the S
Not sure, but i would of thought it would be out by now if they where going to do an App for Hornet S.
Nov 15, 2017, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Not sure, but i would of thought it would be out by now if they where going to do an App for Hornet S.
The app was one of the original selling points of the S. Bangood's product description still states that the app should be released by September. It doesn't say which September though