Apr 13, 2016, 04:34 AM
Thread OP
I've added another video. BTW do you know how to enable the assisted banked turns feature, I feel that mine a very imprecise on an iPad.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2016, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiederikHarkema
Quick tip, slow down the yaw movement
Hi, any advice for my first flight with a skycontroller? Heard quite a bit on lost of connections. Will this still happen if I maintain a line of sight?
Apr 14, 2016, 07:22 AM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiveo7
Hi, any advice for my first flight with a skycontroller? Heard quite a bit on lost of connections. Will this still happen if I maintain a line of sight?
I have not heard of any lost connection problems with a Skycontroller just with trying to use a cell phone, which is totally understandable. In my opinion Parrot should never have sold the Bebop without the Skycontroller.
Latest blog entry: UC4H: Gimbal flight test
Apr 14, 2016, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_kelly
I have not heard of any lost connection problems with a Skycontroller just with trying to use a cell phone, which is totally understandable. In my opinion Parrot should never have sold the Bebop without the Skycontroller.
They had to. With the skycontroller costing this much, they would've had much lower sales with the package deal only.

If you don't mind tinkering, it's way cheaper to get away with a tablet+maybe a game controller+a wifi extender (all strapped together). You'll get mostly the same functionality in a more portable and way cheaper package.
Apr 14, 2016, 10:01 PM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoras_h
They had to. With the skycontroller costing this much, they would've had much lower sales with the package deal only.

If you don't mind tinkering, it's way cheaper to get away with a tablet+maybe a game controller+a wifi extender (all strapped together). You'll get mostly the same functionality in a more portable and way cheaper package.
I don't think it is functional at all. The Parrot Bebop is a brilliant piece of engineering.
Computer stabilized video, rock solid -solid state gimbal, solid state pan and tilt, locked-in loiter, full fpv video and waypoint flying in a tiny transportable form factor.
Thinking way out of the box but marketing to cell phone users was foolish. It never met expectations because of the poor performance of the cell phone. They never gained recognition because of the bad rap for distance and disconnections. The average buyer of this RTF does not do wifi extenders, they just complain that it doesn't work. Take a look at the Parrot support forums. It has high end features and it should have been marketed that way, with the Skycontroller.
Apr 14, 2016, 10:19 PM
I don't disagree, but why make the skycontroller so expensive and so big. They take away almost completely the easy-to-transport perk.

I'm currently looking for a Bebop 2 but I'm not convinced about getting the skycontroller too...
Apr 15, 2016, 02:42 AM
Thread OP
I'm hunting for a sky controller. The Bebop 2 skycontroller costs almost 100USD more, I'm not sure if its really worth the extra cash, after all they are cross compatible. The problem is officially (from B&H), the Skycontroller for Bebop 2 costs 400USD, and there's nothing cheaper on the Aussie Ebay, and shipping costs from the US are extremely high. .
Apr 15, 2016, 08:01 AM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneRequired
I'm hunting for a sky controller. The Bebop 2 skycontroller costs almost 100USD more, I'm not sure if its really worth the extra cash, after all they are cross compatible. The problem is officially (from B&H), the Skycontroller for Bebop 2 costs 400USD, and there's nothing cheaper on the Aussie Ebay, and shipping costs from the US are extremely high. .
I agree that the Skycontroller is big and heavy. I am a big guy and it doesn't bother me but I can see the point.
Apr 15, 2016, 05:00 PM
Thread OP
I think Parrot should've released it with a 'mini' skycontroller, which would generate 500metres. It would be smaller than the full size skycontroller and would be marketed as the basic, entry package.
Apr 15, 2016, 11:13 PM
Thread OP
My Bebop 2 vibrates a lot now, it's very unstable. As if the Parrot engineers purposely increased the P value during tuning. This is after a 2 metres crash into a tree. Is there a solution?

And to confuse you more, (probably unrelated) I cracked the display on my iPad too. (That same flight).
Last edited by DroneRequired; Apr 15, 2016 at 11:54 PM.
Apr 15, 2016, 11:19 PM
It would be too much of a coincidence that it's not working because of an update, just after a crash...
Apr 15, 2016, 11:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
It would be too much of a coincidence that it's not working because of an update, just after a crash...
I updated it after the crash.
Apr 16, 2016, 12:14 AM
Can you roll back to previous firmwares? ...just to check
Apr 16, 2016, 12:25 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Can you roll back to previous firmwares? ...just to check
I tried it both before and after the update. No difference...

BTW I've contacted Parrot and am waiting for their response.
Apr 16, 2016, 12:28 AM
Until then maybe post a short video of how it vibrates...

Quick Reply