Apr 07, 2016, 09:32 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Why are some of the best in the U.S Army getting out ?

I have been lucky enough in the last 10 years to become friends with some officers in the Army ,.... a Doctor , Warrant Officer and several special forces guys . Had the neighbors over for a grill out , she is a Army Shrink and he is 12 year special forces bad ass , after a few beers he starts talking about how he is not happy with the direction the Army is going and 2016 is his last year .

After listening to him and his wife talk....... it sure sounded like there is a lot of "concerned" folks in the Army and many talking about getting out . At a time when our leaders are talking about using more special forces this will be a problem sooner or later . I dont think which candidate wins will make a difference , i put myself in the shoes of a young special forces guy (in my dreams!) .....would i want to go put my life on the line when we have the weakest leaders in our short history at helm ? The BS going on with Trump and the rest of the freak show has to be real turn off to our troops . If you were a young american that wanted to serve
would you ? for the slimy politicians ? for the dumb people in the country we see on the news every night ?
Apr 07, 2016, 09:52 PM
Eye of The Storm
They are getting out because of the freak show that currently resides in the oval office. I work with a guy that just got out after 20 years. He has said that people are leaving in droves because of the inept policies that the Obama Administration has put forward. When the military brass cannot stand the President, then you got a real problem.
Apr 07, 2016, 10:04 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudahBenHur
They are getting out because of the freak show that currently resides in the oval office. I work with a guy that just got out after 20 years. He has said that people are leaving in droves because of the inept policies that the Obama Administration has put forward. When the military brass cannot stand the President, then you got a real problem.
Like what, ending Don't Ask Don't Tell?

After 20 years many people get out no matter who is in the Oval Office.
Apr 07, 2016, 10:08 PM
Eye of The Storm
I hear it all over the break table. The words Obama comes up many times and it isn't good.
Apr 07, 2016, 10:34 PM
It would be interesting to know how many of our military that had duty as AF One crewmembers, Marine One (helicopter) crew, security, etc asked for reassignment when BO came along. I am sure there were many.
And all of us don't quit at 20! I went 24 plus, and quit only because I felt that at that age I was still young enough to chose my civilian job, not to have to take whatever I could get.
God, I miss it.
Apr 07, 2016, 10:59 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EloyM
It would be interesting to know how many of our military that had duty as AF One crewmembers, Marine One (helicopter) crew, security, etc asked for reassignment when BO came along. I am sure there were many.
And all of us don't quit at 20! I went 24 plus, and quit only because I felt that at that age I was still young enough to chose my civilian job, not to have to take whatever I could get.
God, I miss it.
thank you for your service .
Apr 07, 2016, 11:18 PM
Quote:
God, I miss it.
More interesting would be why any career military quit or asked for reassignment "when BO came along"? If you have something to say, man up and say it instead of hinting around.
Apr 08, 2016, 12:05 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
I hear it all over the break table. The words Obama comes up many times and it isn't good.
Rubbish. You just like to have your break with the same sort of people as you. Political losers.

You are just having an anti-Obama whinge. Good or bad he was the people's choice. They just didn't agree with you. Tough.

Obama is leaving soon and the policies may change. And soldiers aren't so stupid not to know that. Obama won two elections in a row. Your man lost. Get over it, stop being a 'bad loser', which you have now been for nearly two whole terms and WISE UP - it's a democracy. It happens, 'the people' preferred Obame. Twice. And on average they are just as clever as you are, maybe more so.

You still going to be whinging for the next 4 to 8 years if your man doesn't get in?

I know why your military are p****d off. So would you if you hadn't let your minority political views get in the way of your thinking.
Last edited by Mark Powell; Apr 08, 2016 at 01:02 AM.
Apr 08, 2016, 02:13 AM
[QUOTE=Mark Powell;

[B]I know why your military are p****d off.

Soldiers are always moaning about something.......... usually there is a problem if they aren't moaning about something

I have a lot of time served in and with both the British and American Armies
Apr 08, 2016, 03:43 AM
Eye of The Storm
Quote:
God, I miss it.
Funny you should mention something about Marine One. The last day of work, I was shown a video of Obama boarding Marine One and forgetting to salute. It looks like the pilot was pointing it out and Obama steps back off and salutes the soldier. Now I'm sure the peeps out there will Googling their little behinds off looking for a Bush, Reagan, or Lincoln () slip up. It did not faze me as much as him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Powell
Rubbish. You just like to have your break with the same sort of people as you. Political losers.

You are just having an anti-Obama whinge. Good or bad he was the people's choice. They just didn't agree with you. Tough.

Obama is leaving soon and the policies may change. And soldiers aren't so stupid not to know that. Obama won two elections in a row. Your man lost. Get over it, stop being a 'bad loser', which you have now been for nearly two whole terms and WISE UP - it's a democracy. It happens, 'the people' preferred Obame. Twice. And on average they are just as clever as you are, maybe more so.

You still going to be whinging for the next 4 to 8 years if your man doesn't get in?

I know why your military are p****d off. So would you if you hadn't let your minority political views get in the way of your thinking.
So I'm a political loser for sitting down to have a sip of milk and a bite to eat before heading off to the lowly trenches of the job at hand. When stepping into the break you don't know who will be out there because everyone is on a different time set. What happens to your little scenario when two of those guys are as liberal as they come? I have yet to get into an argument or Indian leg wresting match with any of them. I try to stay away from the big 3 topics because nothing good comes of it. Good grief to your loser rubbish diatribe!

Like I said to the person above, it did not faze me and I did not vote for the guy either time. Some, it hits a little closer to home because they have to deal with it out in the field. Let me know when any political opposition stays silent when their 'man' doesn't get in.
Apr 08, 2016, 05:04 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
....So I'm a political loser for sitting down to have a sip of milk and a bite to eat before heading off to the lowly trenches of the job at hand. When stepping into the break you don't know who will be out there because everyone is on a different time set. What happens to your little scenario when two of those guys are as liberal as they come? I have yet to get into an argument or Indian leg wresting match with any of them. I try to stay away from the big 3 topics because nothing good comes of it. Good grief to your loser rubbish diatribe!...
Ever since the man that you and most other US LTUpers, (but NOT the people of the USA) supported didn't get elected you have all been in a continuous and permanent whinge.

Live with it. Don't whinge for near on eight years. Maybe your guy will win next time. It's called 'democracy'.

I know why your military are fed up. It's obvious from even 5000 miles away. Nothing to do with Obama, it started long before him. And the longer it goes on the more they get fed up with it . So Obama gets the blame, as he happens to be in charge now so he gets it, which is a nonsense. And they DO have the sense to know it may change fairly soon so none of them with a brain cell will leave now. The military don't need the dumb ones anyway.

And at lunch break, in a bar, or whatever we ALL sit with people we get on with. So what they say is no guide at all. Maybe you work for an employer than employs a lot of dissatisfied people. They always whinge about 'the gubment'. We were 'happy', we didn't whinge about the gubment no matter who was in charge of the country. We had better thinks to talk about.

And yes. I have been in the military.
Last edited by Mark Powell; Apr 08, 2016 at 05:16 AM.
Apr 08, 2016, 05:57 AM
GTH NFL
When the Army mandates that terms like cockpit and petcock cannot be used, you know we've gone over the edge of PC lunacy.
Apr 08, 2016, 06:11 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_Flyer
When the Army mandates that terms like cockpit and petcock cannot be used, you know we've gone over the edge of PC lunacy.
Damn all to do with Obama though. PC isn't one person, started long before him, and they like to think up new nonsense every day.

You can get good jobs in it at pretend universities, even.
Apr 08, 2016, 06:37 AM
Bagpipes spoken here
Quote:
God, I miss it.
We even had an Army LtCol refuse to deploy to Afghanistan saying the orders were not legal since POTUS wasn't a US citizen.

The Army is better off without him.
Apr 08, 2016, 06:41 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor
We even had an Army LtCol refuse to deploy to Afghanistan saying the orders were not legal since POTUS wasn't a US citizen.

The Army is better off without him.
They sure are. A disloyal jerk like that in a quite senior position? Crazy, and all on zero evidence..

Quick Reply