May 29, 2016, 11:08 AM
I was pumped about ordering my SEFM last week.. now you guys are scaring me ahahha
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2016, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessureault
I was pumped about ordering my SEFM last week.. now you guys are scaring me ahahha
always a few that have issues. Wouldn't worry to much. We are all learning new things. Lol. These things are ultra quiet and smooth.
May 29, 2016, 11:34 AM
Lipo Puffer
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4ddyo
Right click or left click on esc 1. You can select it and flash it. It will put up the regular blheli gui. Flash away

I have been having major problems reading these ESCs
Thanks for this tip, that helped me. Still fine tuning these guys

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
May 29, 2016, 12:29 PM
Can someone post some pics or at least type out the identifier for the "bad" regulator as well as the "good" regulator? If there is a known failing component on these hot new BLH_S ESCs that people are flocking to in droves, let's not be hush-hush with PMs about it. I'm sure people like myself who have invested in the hardware would appreciate it.
Last edited by Troof; May 29, 2016 at 12:47 PM.
May 29, 2016, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheredanine
No mate, it was so shakey on 2.8 I didn't get anywhere near rolls on ms, running os42 was fine, but couldn't fly it reliably on ms until I changed to medium-fast

As I say, the odd thing was it was fine on 2.7.1
Changed what to medium fast? timing in BLHeli to Medium/high you mean?
May 29, 2016, 12:48 PM
Never early adopt any new piece of hardware/software unless you're prepared to be out the cost of said hardware/whatever you're installing it in. You can apply this to anything.
May 29, 2016, 01:10 PM
I'd rather be flying
So I built up a quad last night with the Emax Lightning_S 35A ESCs, and I'm able to replicate Conrad's issue with the twitching and hot motors. This was on an F4 FC running Raceflight RC12 and RCINPower GT2205 2300kv motors. I tried both 5x4x4 and 5x4.5x3 HBN props. The lighter weight more responsive prop exihibited the issue more severely than the heavier 5x4.5x3HBN. The motors got wicked hot after just a couple of moments flying LOS. Less than a minute flying I'd say. I didn't get any dropouts, which is good. This was running on the latest 16.1 B_H_00 firmware for the ESC. Upgraded just before I tested.
May 29, 2016, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goog
Never early adopt any new piece of hardware/software unless you're prepared to be out the cost of said hardware/whatever you're installing it in. You can apply this to anything.
Great advice, but it still doesn't negate the fact that as early adopters, we should be (publicly) informed about faulty components and/or software bugs ASAP.
May 29, 2016, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheredanine
What firmware are you using in the FC? (Bf2.8rc1 had a bug that did that)
Are you using the motor tab or the tx?
What gyro/pid/motor pwm?
Are the 2300kv or 2600kv?
Betaflight 2.7.1
2k/2k stock rewrite pids
2300kv

I haven't done anything yet just pulled off old esc's and put the new ones on I was using the TX.
May 29, 2016, 04:21 PM
Ran these up on the motor tab and man these roll slow and smooth at 1021. Running BTFL 2.7.1 on a Cyclone at 8k/8k/16k/Multishot unsynced, RS2205/2300kv, Blheli_s 16.1 updated through the suite no prob. I calibrated in cleanfligh with 1000-2000, all 4 esc's showed 1.012-2000 in BLheli suite. Flew 12 packs today and all went great. Coming from 2.6.1/4k/4k/400MS 14.4, so some stuff was different but my tune was close. They were a pleasure to fly, very smooth. To be honest though, I flew my other almost identical rig right after w/LB20 on it and the difference through the goggles wasn't totally apparent at my skill level. Don't get me wrong, they are sweet, and the smoothness is a luxury, definitely a treat to fly, but I'm not sure my lap times will drop because of them.

Zero death rolls or any other issues. Mine came from BuddyRC.
Last edited by kevinpratt823; May 29, 2016 at 04:28 PM.
May 29, 2016, 04:24 PM
Man just tested the Aikon in my backyard. Incredibly smooth Ill be able to spy on the girl next [email protected]

Setup:

Blheli_s 16.1
Cobra 2300kv
Betaflight 2.7.1 4khz/2khz sync on oneshot42
Xracer f303

Didn't gave the chance to push them yet. So no deathroll yet.
If it's fine on 2khz I will try 4khz.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
May 29, 2016, 09:47 PM
The geek in Rotorgeeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troof
Great advice, but it still doesn't negate the fact that as early adopters, we should be (publicly) informed about faulty components and/or software bugs ASAP.
I don't think retailers received any such thing. As far as I know, this was identified in test samples and changed before production. Nobody is holding out on you
May 29, 2016, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklein
I don't think retailers received any such thing. As far as I know, this was identified in test samples and changed before production. Nobody is holding out on you
firmware does not seem to be mature yet, though
May 29, 2016, 09:55 PM
The geek in Rotorgeeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by polisalwaysright
firmware does not seem to be mature yet, though
mature, ha! It's a newborn baby! No question that regular BLHeli has a much deeper experience base.
May 30, 2016, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklein
So are you suggesting that it is the firmware alone that is the root cause of the death roll epidemic striking the early adopters of BLH_S, and not the hardware? Remember, it is people like myself and many others who instill trust in purveyors of hardware like yourself and fork over our hard-earned cash expecting the best, so no matter how novel and/or new, we have a reasonable expectation that it is somewhat vetted when we see all of the privileged "pros" rubbing the yet-to-be-released hardware in our faces, hoping to get our hands on it, so we'd like at least some reassurance that it will work without tearing our machines to pieces. Just trying to gauge where we're at with these, because I have several sets collecting dust while this weirdness gets sorted, and I'd much rather be flying my investment than sitting on it.

Quick Reply