Dec 14, 2019, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelucid
I think the difference is that blhelis has such a concentrated set of copyright holders primarily due to being coded in 8051 asm.
FYI, As a blheli copyright holder, I don't agree to close sourcing any of the work. I added the dshot command support way back to be able to turtle and beep the motors among other things. Just because there is less contributors that doesn't mean the GPL is less valid.

If the JESC stuff happened much closer to when I was doing blheli_s development I would have much more pissed of basically someone else trying to make some money utilizing my donation of code and time to bheli. Now I'm much more *meh* about the whole situation.

Thanks JazzMac for continuing to improve blheli_s in an open matter! I look forward to checking it out.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2019, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMac
Yeah, 24khz only.
I've flown JESC 48k on 0603 motors and there is a 10-15% increase in flight time.

No idea how much work it is to add, but worth while for brushless whoops.
Dec 14, 2019, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbgsrjnyrmeBHT
I've flown JESC 48k on 0603 motors and there is a 10-15% increase in flight time.

No idea how much work it is to add, but worth while for brushless whoops.
If 48Mhz is right in most aspects, sounds great and worth give it a try. I don't know what is a best pwm frequency cause there is pwm switching loss and a optimal value is preferred.
Dec 15, 2019, 05:01 AM
Hamburger
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycej
FYI, As a blheli copyright holder, I don't agree to close sourcing any of the work. I added the dshot command support way back to be able to turtle and beep the motors among other things. Just because there is less contributors that doesn't mean the GPL is less valid. .
thank you for these clear words standing by the GPL as the basis of this long term endeavour.
Some of us non-devs have relied on this when choosing to be users, supporters, testers, feedbackers etc.

By the way, is blheli_s a complete work from scratch or does it reuse blheli?
Dec 15, 2019, 05:40 PM
Thread Killer
JazzMac - ty for your continued work on blheli_s. Do you know if it's possible to add custom startup tones / music back in to your branch of blheli_s? From what gather, apparently it was working on 16.67 but for some reason is gone in 16.7? Per threads like this:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Startup-tones

I would love to have bidirectional dshot AND custom startup tones on my blheli_s ESC's!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Dec 16, 2019, 04:20 AM
Amazing work JazzMac! I have a feeling this is the greatest happening to the BLHeli_S in years. Looking forward for testing this.
Thank you for contributing to the community!
Dec 16, 2019, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
Amazing work JazzMac! I have a feeling this is the greatest happening to the BLHeli_S in years. Looking forward for testing this.
Thank you for contributing to the community!
Many thanks. Any test result is very helpful.

I am sorry thay current 16.72 may only works on some ESCs. Please skip 16.72 and test another revision later.
Dec 16, 2019, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus
JazzMac - ty for your continued work on blheli_s. Do you know if it's possible to add custom startup tones / music back in to your branch of blheli_s? From what gather, apparently it was working on 16.67 but for some reason is gone in 16.7? Per threads like this:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Startup-tones

I would love to have bidirectional dshot AND custom startup tones on my blheli_s ESC's!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
If this function doesn't exist in 16.7, may need some time to add it back. I think it is possible, but a bit busy right now. Please PM your desire functions for disscussion, thx!
Dec 16, 2019, 08:33 AM
does the 16.72 that was uploaded yesterday contain what you call your 16.72b changes?
Dec 16, 2019, 01:36 PM
BetaFlight Performance Edition 4.X F3 brings JESC RPM filter support for F3 boards. Does it support RPM filtering based on recently released BLHELI_S 16.72 version?
https://github.com/joelucid/betaflight/releases
Last edited by Noramas; Dec 16, 2019 at 01:50 PM.
Dec 16, 2019, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noramas
BetaFlight Performance Edition 4.X. F3 brings JESC RPM filter support for F3 boards. Does it support RPM filtering based on recently released BLHELI_S 16.72 version?
BF PE 4.x F3 is not an official betaflight product, but something I put together since I knew many F3 builds were likely paired with an esc capable of running JESC. I wanted to enable people with old quads based on these boards to have the same superb flying experience as pilots running f4 and blheli32. While AFAIK there's nothing in that version that would prevent it from working with blheli32 or blhelis please consider supporting my work by getting a JESC license. I support the BF performance edition with JESC on my JESC support thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...er-on-BLHeli_S.
Dec 16, 2019, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noramas
BetaFlight Performance Edition 4.X F3 brings JESC RPM filter support for F3 boards. Does it support RPM filtering based on recently released BLHELI_S 16.72 version?
Yes.
Dec 16, 2019, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte
does the 16.72 that was uploaded yesterday contain what you call your 16.72b changes?
Since 16.72 has a critical timming. I revised it to 16.73. Please see a new post below.
Dec 16, 2019, 07:57 PM

Blheli_s 16.73

Rev16.73
1. Loose dshot decoder timming
2. Arm check: more correct packet needed, double check zero throttle

Dshot decoder timming will be more safer and the error rate still less than 1.0%.
It could arm at a middle throttle in 16.7, now it is double checked.

Please find 16.73 Here.
Last edited by JazzMac; Dec 16, 2019 at 10:44 PM.
Dec 16, 2019, 09:14 PM
ok good as I tried using 16.72 today and it wouldn't fly. the previous version seemed to work ok. I'll load 16.73 tomorrow and try again.

thanks!

Quick Reply