Apr 08, 2016, 10:09 AM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskaug
BLHeli is also quite a bit simplified from base BLHeli. Only multirotor mode, and no support for 0-100% pwm brushed signal input.
Thanks for the answer!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2016, 10:44 AM
Firmware Fiend
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMouse
Why not to subb from menu?
Cuz in the age of social media, you want the world to know.
Apr 08, 2016, 10:51 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadMcFly
IMO 32-bit ESCs are overkill. We've yet to even come close to the limit of the 48mhz SiLabs chips. Also the firmware on the VGood 32-bit ESCs still has a long way to go. Hopefully Steffen will get to them eventually :P
Sure, C and 32bits is real easy .
Spins the motor quite well.
Apr 08, 2016, 10:59 AM
noice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorich
Also - is any beta testing needed on the hardware or firmware? I've been testing a number of prototype ESC's and FC's lately and would love to take a look at a set of these, give feedback, etc..
who wouldn't want to test them

Quote:
Hopefully Steffen will get to them eventually :P
but no pressure :-D
Apr 08, 2016, 11:10 AM
I'd rather be flying
Quote:
Sure, C and 32bits is real easy .
Spins the motor quite well.
excellent! I have a whole bunch of them sitting here waiting patiently for when you'd like some tests run! Did Achim get his? They were supposed to be sending some over. They've also said there's a slight hardware revision in the latest ones. I might see if I can get some of those as well.
Apr 08, 2016, 06:11 PM
Quote:
excellent! I have a whole bunch of them sitting here waiting patiently for when you'd like some tests run! Did Achim get his? They were supposed to be sending some over. They've also said there's a slight hardware revision in the latest ones. I might see if I can get some of those as well.
Oh boys, so much toys to play with, after I played with CF/BF, now BLHeliSuite needs some more polishing not not at least some things to optimize for BLHeli_S.
And I will get "mine" on Monday...
Apr 09, 2016, 05:35 AM
Just another FPV addicted teen
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quasar
Cuz in the age of social media, you want the world to know.
yeah jog on mate
Apr 09, 2016, 10:41 AM
Team WarpSquad
Yes, HW PWM!
Took a while but we're finally there!

Thanks sskaug!
Apr 09, 2016, 10:50 AM
Rgietsered Uesr
Looked around but I couldnīt find:

How are the BusyBee1 and 2 prices compared to that of the F330 and F39X?

Is there a reason for the newer ESCs to be more expensive than the former generations? (Besides novelty of course)
Apr 09, 2016, 10:53 AM
I'd rather be flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by velez
Looked around but I couldnīt find:

How are the BusyBee1 and 2 prices compared to that of the F330 and F39X?

Is there a reason for the newer ESCs to be more expensive than the former generations? (Besides novelty of course)
From the conversations I've had with the manufacturers I think you'll be pleased with the price. should be about the same as the existing F39X ESCs from what I can tell. The problem right now with the EFM8BB is availability. I don't think SiLabs saw them as a high volume product
Apr 09, 2016, 11:34 AM
Rgietsered Uesr
Quote:
From the conversations I've had with the manufacturers I think you'll be pleased with the price. should be about the same as the existing F39X ESCs from what I can tell. The problem right now with the EFM8BB is availability. I don't think SiLabs saw them as a high volume product
Thanks QMF.

I only need 32.
Apr 09, 2016, 03:51 PM
Thread OP
The BB's are real cheap. They are newer, yes. But also made in a newer process than the F3xx'es. So silicon die area becomes smaller. And volumes I'm sure will be in lots of millions .
Apr 09, 2016, 03:54 PM
I'd rather be flying
Quote:
The BB's are real cheap. They are newer, yes. But also made in a newer process than the F3xx'es. So silicon die area becomes smaller. And volumes I'm sure will be in lots of millions .
Right now the two manufacturers I've been talking with have both said they're having trouble with availability of the chip. Maybe they just haven't ramped production up to full scale yet?
Apr 09, 2016, 04:13 PM
I need 4 to try out.

Link them as soon as they are on sale.
Apr 09, 2016, 04:25 PM
Quote:
IMO 32-bit ESCs are overkill. We've yet to even come close to the limit of the 48mhz SiLabs chips. Also the firmware on the VGood 32-bit ESCs still has a long way to go. Hopefully Steffen will get to them eventually :P
this is difficult to understand.
i have no problem with the original vgood firmware as i am flying in most cases 2208 motors. and here the throttle response is just very nice.

8-bit is something of the past.
not saying that 8-bit is something bad by default.

Quick Reply