Dynasoar Rocketry F-8 Crusader - RC Groups
Apr 07, 2016, 11:41 AM
Discussion

Dynasoar Rocketry F-8 Crusader

Since Dynasoar provides some great plans for a profile Crusader I decided to build one. Construction is straightforward using 6mm depron and some carbon rod. Fuse builds up with multiple layers so you can really shape it up. Only change I made to Frank's design was to add ailerons.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2016, 02:35 PM
A couple of pictures of the finished ready to fly Crusader.
Apr 07, 2016, 03:02 PM
Looks great! Wings are flat or has some profile?
Apr 07, 2016, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajazo
Looks great! Wings are flat or has some profile?
Flat
Apr 12, 2016, 05:12 AM
Allways the hard way!
Yup... looks realy neat! And a pretty decent paint-job as well.

Where are you hiding the lectrics and battery? Looks very "clean" for a profile model.
Last edited by georgy; Apr 12, 2016 at 08:58 AM. Reason: found the originator
Apr 12, 2016, 05:29 AM
Allways the hard way!
I've used "fat" section fuse profile before.. it does lend itself to some neat shaping. Mine was solid 20mm (3/4") sheet so hollowing out to hide the lectrics is a challenge.
Apr 12, 2016, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgy
Yup... looks realy neat! And a pretty decent paint-job as well.

Where are you hiding the lectrics and battery? Looks very "clean" for a profile model.
Actually I think the picture is doing a great job at hiding everything. The servos, battery, and receiver are recessed in the foam. I didn't really go out of my way to hide the wires.
Apr 12, 2016, 10:40 AM
Got a couple of flights on it this weekend. Flies good, played with the balance and control throws and it was getting better every flight. Not a great pic, but a cool shot my wife took with her iPhone. It shows that cool Crusader profile.
Apr 12, 2016, 12:56 PM
Allways the hard way!
Nice sun-set pic!

Those close-ups show a steady hand on those panel lines. Sharpy?

For what its worth.. i "drilled" holes in mine using a 12mm stainless tube heated with a butane torch to channel the servo leads..
Apr 18, 2016, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgy
Nice sun-set pic!

Those close-ups show a steady hand on those panel lines. Sharpy?

For what its worth.. i "drilled" holes in mine using a 12mm stainless tube heated with a butane torch to channel the servo leads..
Yep, I used a sharpie to drawn the panel lines. Not hard to do, just takes a little patience.
May 19, 2016, 06:49 PM
Thanks for posting John, here is my original version I based the plans on...panel lines and a little rounding go a long way.
Nov 10, 2017, 11:11 AM

F8

Frank, how do I get some plans for this great plane? Would also like the F100
Nov 10, 2017, 12:53 PM
I've moved my site to a new host and new CMS(wordpress) , the original godaddy content isn't directly portable so I'm working on recreating some things like the profile plans. You can go to www.dynasoarrocketry.com and look in the plans pulldown at the top and check to see when I get them back up. I never get any feedback on my plans except for a few people like John, so I never know what is of interest to people or if they have any success, I'd love to see a pic if/when you build any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbasher
Frank, how do I get some plans for this great plane? Would also like the F100