Apr 15, 2016, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRNELIU
Finaly it arrived mine. It is well packed, have only 4 screws to mount the gantry, and the spool holder have 8 more... that is it. I managed to get it printing in less than 30 minutes. I printed the cube, the mouse and the cat, that were on the microSD card. The quality is very good, off course, are printed at 0.1 mm layer height. and my kids already stole them.
I printed a couple of things to myself, a phone charger stand, for desk, it turned out great, and printing still in progress.
Well guys, it is a great investment. you wont regret it.
Very nice results!!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2016, 07:03 AM
Thread OP
I ordered mine on 4/6 and have not received it yet. My past several purchases from Hobby King have been getting to me in about 5 days from Hong Kong. When I look up the tracking # it says it went through a facility in Singapore on 4/8 and that's it. It looks like it's literally on a slow boat from China.
Apr 15, 2016, 10:43 AM
I have a pretty dump question. Speed says: 10-100 mm/s.

Are 100% speed the 100mm/s? Because I can also switch to 150% meaning 150mms/ or is 100% the recommaneded speed at 65mm/s ?
What is the best speed you guys are using to have good models?

Thanks
Apr 15, 2016, 01:10 PM
Speed is set in the slicer. what ever you chose is what 100% will be. I wouldn't go more than 50mms anymore and you will sacrifice quality. you have got to remember it's got to swing the hot end, extruder and stepper motor around. If you want more speed out of it you will need to go down the Bowden route.
Apr 16, 2016, 05:36 AM
Anyone order a full size bulbasaur planter. Took a little over 14hrs to print scaled up to 4.9 which is the biggest I could fit on the build plate. There's a few gaps in the pla but I forgot to set the temp back to 200c which is what I've found best for this filament.
Apr 16, 2016, 08:10 AM
couple of questions:
what are the best settings for printing (temp, speed, thickness).
I have tried to print a case for a bluetooth amplifier, but the edges curled up ( see pictures).
I was printing at 100mm/s at 210 degrees for the nozzle and 70 degrees for the bed.

I also tried the 3d benchy and was really amazed for the most part, but one part looks a bit messed up as wel. I used the settings as recommended on their website:
Scale: 1:1 (unmodified in size, from bow to stern #3DBenchy.stl measures 60.00 mm).
Layer height: 0,2 mm
Infill: 10%
Print speed (extrusion): up to 50 mm/s
Print speed (travel): up to 150 mm/s
Print nozzle diameter: 0,4 mm

What type of tape are you using once you run out of sheets?
Last edited by 43shawn43; Apr 16, 2016 at 08:25 AM.
Apr 16, 2016, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43shawn43
couple of questions:
what are the best settings for printing (temp, speed, thickness).
I have tried to print a case for a bluetooth amplifier, but the edges curled up ( see pictures).
I was printing at 100mm/s at 210 degrees for the nozzle and 70 degrees for the bed.

I also tried the 3d benchy and was really amazed for the most part, but one part looks a bit messed up as wel. I used the settings as recommended on their website:
Scale: 1:1 (unmodified in size, from bow to stern #3DBenchy.stl measures 60.00 mm).
Layer height: 0,2 mm
Infill: 10%
Print speed (extrusion): up to 50 mm/s
Print speed (travel): up to 150 mm/s
Print nozzle diameter: 0,4 mm

What type of tape are you using once you run out of sheets?
This video will get you going with good results. 100mm/s is to fast for this type of printer
Cura Setup for Wanhao Duplicator i3 (11 min 15 sec)
Apr 16, 2016, 11:29 AM
Zoobs

First Impressions

I received my one on Wednesday, but as yet have not had a chance to set it up and try a print. I have access to a Wanhao Duplicator i3, which this is based on, all Iíve done is open the box and do a quick content check. First impressions are they have cut a few corners, the filament spool holder is a bit mickey mouse and nothing like as robust as the Wanhao, also I see there is no thermal lagging on the hotend. I hope to get a chance to set the printer up next week and Iíll report back on my first impressions.
Apr 16, 2016, 02:55 PM
I noticed a few corner cuts but there's also a few improvements one big corner cut is the controller it works but has a few components missing like potentiometer to adjust stepper voltages.
Apr 16, 2016, 03:39 PM
There still seems to be the solder points for the trimmers and the reset button. Who is the first to try to complete the board? Also the chips are bit different around the USB port and the card slot. I wonder if the 3.3v power boost for the card slot is still a needed mod...
Apr 16, 2016, 03:53 PM
All I know is it works as Iposted befor I printed a bulbasaur planter that used I would say 90% of the build area without a hitch first try so what more can you ask for. There's one thing I will warn you about be careful when your moving the axis with the lcd. it will let you move it past the 200x200x180 area and it will try to go there. Quick fix in the Marlin firmware tho when hobbyking let us have it.
Apr 16, 2016, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japala
There still seems to be the solder points for the trimmers and the reset button. Who is the first to try to complete the board? Also the chips are bit different around the USB port and the card slot. I wonder if the 3.3v power boost for the card slot is still a needed mod...
They are there so they could of easily put them on. The lcd pins are in a different place aswell and they didn't solder in the Sd card pins I know it has one anyway but still would it cost that much more
Apr 16, 2016, 06:38 PM

On its way....

Hi Guys
Been doing a lot of research on 3d printers and decided to get one of these from good ol' HK. Are most of you running this on Repetier, and if so, what are your printer settings please?

Has anyone tried other filaments rather than PLA and ABS and if so how did it go and what settings/Temps are you using?

Maybe someone could make a list of fixes/suggestions/mods/improvements for this printer to keep us all up to date.
cheers and thanks.
Babs.
Apr 16, 2016, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs
Hi Guys
Maybe someone could make a list of fixes/suggestions/mods/improvements for this printer to keep us all up to date.
cheers and thanks.
Babs.
Linked this on to my bookmarks: http://3dprinterwiki.info/wiki/wanhao-duplicator-i3/

Seems to contain some "essential" mods and improvements to do. Not all of them apply as this machine have same things changed but many of them are still valid.
Apr 16, 2016, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japala
Linked this on to my bookmarks: http://3dprinterwiki.info/wiki/wanhao-duplicator-i3/

Seems to contain some "essential" mods and improvements to do. Not all of them apply as this machine have same things changed but many of them are still valid.
Thanks Japala there sure is some good stuff there, so what are the main ones that we should do first?

Quick Reply