Apr 06, 2016, 07:21 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Parkzone Sport Cub Vs. FMS J3 Piper Cub

Hello,

For this flying season i'm looking for an easy to fly trainer like plane. Some of my requirements are: fairly easy to fly, sturdy landing gear, scale look, and i need to be able to fly it on 3S 2200 mAh.

Now i got 2 planes i like. The Parkzone sport cub and the FMS J3 piper cub 1400mm. Does anybody can give me some advice on what i should go for.

I want this kind of plane to get alot of stick time this season so i can get some experience.

If you suggest another plane, feel free to also leave a comment

Thanks in advance!!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 06, 2016, 08:14 AM
generally scale J3s aren't actually that easy to fly, as they are heavy, and also the gear seems to be a major weak spot on most j3 cubs. Apparently the pz sport cub is great, but many people also are advising the durafly tundra. it is basically the sport cub on steroids. it isn't too hard to fly, but will drop a wing with full flaps when you hold full back with no throttle, but can do insane STOL takeoffs and landings.
Will
Apr 06, 2016, 08:30 PM
The Sport Cub Is Not a Beginner Favorite?
Spend a few extra $$ and get the Apprentice- Great Trainer AND Great in 10-20 MPH winds Once you learn to fly and will do ALL the Tricks Too!!!
Apr 06, 2016, 11:21 PM
Durafly +10. Park zone and horizon are great. I've never had an FMS plane that didn't require some sort of replacement or tweaking to get it to fly. Though, I flew the 980mm P-40 hundreds of times with no issue once I replaced all the servos.
Apr 06, 2016, 11:54 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
What is your experience?

Neither of these are for beginners.

The Apprentice or the Sensei are better first planes.

I have the both the Cubs.
Apr 07, 2016, 09:29 AM
Thread OP
First off, thanks for all the response

I started RC flying about 1 year ago. I learnt flying with the FMS EasyTrainer 1280mm. After i got bored of that i bought an FMS Cessna 182 from a friend of mine. I had some nice flights on that but i put more time in it to repair the plane than actually flying it. That's because i had alot of landing crashes. So i fixed all the crash damage, flew it once and then sold it. A few weeks ago i bought an FMS Blanik LET 13 wich i absolutely love! I can do some beginner aercobatics with it and still have a lot of fun flying.

And as of now, i want a trainer like air plane to get more experience with motorized air planes. At first i did not like the looks of the durafly tundra but i seem to like it more and more.

And still, if anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to leave a comment
Apr 07, 2016, 11:57 AM
I'd recommend try balsa trainer like one from Valuehobby. Balsa planes flies differently.
My 2cents.
Apr 07, 2016, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcMetal
First off, thanks for all the response

I started RC flying about 1 year ago. I learnt flying with the FMS EasyTrainer 1280mm. After i got bored of that i bought an FMS Cessna 182 from a friend of mine. I had some nice flights on that but i put more time in it to repair the plane than actually flying it. That's because i had alot of landing crashes. So i fixed all the crash damage, flew it once and then sold it. A few weeks ago i bought an FMS Blanik LET 13 wich i absolutely love! I can do some beginner aercobatics with it and still have a lot of fun flying.

And as of now, i want a trainer like air plane to get more experience with motorized air planes. At first i did not like the looks of the durafly tundra but i seem to like it more and more.

And still, if anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to leave a comment
I Have the Easy Trainer BUT a Much better one is the Newer FMS SuperEasy Trainer! Large, Very Strong, Good in wind, and takes a Crash Very Well, Wheels are Super even in mild grass.
If you get Without receiver you can Get the Lemon 7 Channel receiver with Stabilizer online for $23 AND It works GREAT!!!!
The Super Easy Can do ALL the aerobatic stuff you want to practice and with the Lemon Rec/Stab can fly in 15-20 MPH winds !
Check it out- Very Well made- NO GLUE Needed.
Apr 07, 2016, 05:46 PM
I bought the Parkzone sport cub a year after I started flying. Previous to that was low wing planes and warbirds all in the 1400mm range.

After getting the sport cub ,I instantly fell in love with the thing after a two or three flights. I bought the PNP version and the plane is so stable.

I literally flew it over a thousand times. It became my feel good plane. I flew it until it wasnt suitable to continue flying. 1,000 + flights causes a bit of wear and tear.

I gutted the electronics and threw the frame away. Looking forward to rebuilding it . I would also like to try the Durafly Tundra or the Flyzone Beaver.

Quick Reply