Apr 05, 2016, 11:25 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Walkera G400 Heli with GPS & RTH

anybody still have their Walkera G400? still flying?

has anybody modded theirs

has anybody figured out the 'closeted' pins?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2016, 11:42 PM
Thread OP
how does it looks like under your care after all these time? please share some pics! ;D
Apr 08, 2016, 07:50 AM
Hi deserve 5,
I sometimes fly my G400 and other RC helicopters, but in the basement because of the new law prohibiting RC flights (heavier than 200g) in my area in Tokyo!
Last edited by K2-tokyo; Apr 08, 2016 at 08:25 AM.
Apr 25, 2016, 03:37 AM
Thread OP
new law?? when was it passed?
Apr 25, 2016, 03:42 AM
Hi deserve5,

From the last december (10-12-2015) the law came into effect.
Recently I bought a second-hand Naza-H GPS, and so I will install it into my G400 in order to see the difference.
Last edited by K2-tokyo; Apr 25, 2016 at 04:58 AM.
Apr 29, 2016, 04:59 AM
Thread OP
interesting! you will install the whole NAZA system? Or just the GPS module?
Jun 28, 2018, 11:10 AM
Im looking to upgrade mine and sale it after some fun. Mine had a tail motor failure third flight and had a lite crash no damage, upgraded the main grips to metal and installed a new tail motor and have had about 15 more flights over several years. Just got it out not to long ago and added a camera between the tail and body, got most of the heli in view without compromising alot of viewing area and landing is nice since u can see the skids. Just upgraded the software on my devo f12e to the 1.5a so i have ability to assign functions to aux2 and things so i can use it for the g400. Will be nice having the camera to look through on the controller. So after i get the controller setup or during it lost signal and the servos went nuts but a servo stopped working. $18 to replace with same one that has garbage specs, 1.5kg @.08 . I just ordered comparable ones from hobby king. Corona 919mg. They 1.5kg@.07 @4.5v. @$6.47 a piece. I was looking at turnigy 213c .They were around2.5kg@.08@4.5v@$20 a piece,but even though they look nicer couldnt spend the extra money for 1kg. So i just order the corona to get back in the air.
I may start a new thread asking this question but here goes. Does anyone know if the fcs400 can put out volt higher than 4.5. cant find info on that. if not I am wondering if i can use the main 3s battery to a voltage regulator and step down the voltage for servos. Take the red and black from voltage reg to the servo red and black and just run the servo signal wire to the receiver should work no????? Just looking to make stronger without spending alot of $ on digital servos that have good tourque and speed at 4.5 volt.post pics later
Jul 01, 2018, 10:48 PM
Hi Lookout48469,

Have you succeeded in controlling your camera by f12e through the FCS400?
Jul 05, 2018, 08:35 AM
Havent got that far yet, got the f12e bind with fcs400 but during first bind the controls went crazy and burned a servo up, waiting on new servos coming tomorrow, will work on it over the weekend if i have time,but everything seemed to behave correctly.
Jul 05, 2018, 08:37 AM
Also its fixed postion camera no gimbal,but shouldnt be a prob for a gimbal . the fcs400 has a couple extra channels. The camera just powers up when the heli is powered on no switches or buttons to press. Been really busy lately and haven't had much spare time. I do plan on posting a video once its done.

Also i just got cheap comparable servos to keep going for now .servo= corona 919mg. May look into stronger high voltage later.
Last edited by Lookout48469; Jul 05, 2018 at 08:45 AM.
Jul 05, 2018, 10:06 AM
Original taste! Mountain dew!
There's more to servos than just speed and torque. That may be the reason it burned out. Pulse width and frequency may be different.

Edit: found this(by k-2)
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...38&postcount=4
Last edited by Flying Pitcher; Nov 26, 2019 at 12:10 PM.
Jul 05, 2018, 01:16 PM
Idk about the freq or pulse width, it was hard to find specs on the servo.the fcs may be a unique reciever with special specs, I could oscope it if need be. I dont think binding a new tx caused freq change that burned the servo. If I had to guess I would say that it was because I didn't have the functions/channels assigned in the TX prior to binding so when I binded whose knows what was what, maybe if return to home was on or something else , it was indoors no sat lock prob idk, all i know is it was flying fine, i bind f12e and the servos move crazy like its in one of the gps modes then one servo moves all the way one direction i pulled the battery out of heli, look at servo and i smell fried motor, so order 3 replacements and call it a day. When they get here ill see if they work.
Sep 17, 2019, 10:21 PM
Thread OP
Awesome Lookout48469!!

will you oscope the FCS? please find out about those 'rubber-closeted' pins also, im so curios about them.

best of wishes!
Sep 18, 2019, 05:44 AM
Sorry been so busy haven't had time to mess with the heli. Here and there I'm working on the body I'm putting it in. The body is almost complete had some paint runs so once fixed I got to clear a spot in the body tail to drop camera through and then I'll go back to the heli and mess around.

Quick Reply