Mar 15, 2017, 02:28 AM
Reportbuttonsnitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastsniper View Post
Anyone tried opening these motors up? The grub screw is tiny.
Not these but the similar constucted ER250 ones to replace the bearings - leave the grub screw in place and remove the clip at bottom. Working with these clips should be done in a plastic bag, they tend to jump away and you never find them again.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2017, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopterGeza View Post
Never mind, Eachine VTXes never were top quality. You weren't the only who experienced the magic smoke from the Falcon's VTX.
BTW i just bought an FT48X VTX - it is quite small and it has selectable transmit power from 0.25mW to 600mW. It has an 5V output, so it can power the Falcon's cam.

im rocking the eachine TX526 with switchable power as well, i think i just need better antennas. using those orange/white mushroom antennas from banggood.. they are cheap but not very good. Should get those aomways 4 clover leaved antennas.

Thanks Dropax for the tip, i would like to try to fix the replaced motors, one makes a funny sound and the other one is a bit rough. So would like to give them a proper maintenance, and maybe i can use them as spares again!
Mar 17, 2017, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopterGeza View Post
Never mind, Eachine VTXes never were top quality. You weren't the only who experienced the magic smoke from the Falcon's VTX.
BTW i just bought an FT48X VTX - it is quite small and it has selectable transmit power from 0.25mW to 600mW. It has an 5V output, so it can power the Falcon's cam.
I ended up putting an Eachine VTX03, that has just the whip antenna. Works well enough where I fly it, saved a little weight on an already super heavy quad. Since it's so tiny it was super easy to wedge in the bottom section with the whip coming out the back.
Mar 20, 2017, 07:59 AM
How have people mounted the pdb inside? Do you need to drill extra holes for the fc?
Or do you need different standoffs?
I guess you can suspend it with washers so it fits the fc screws.
Mar 20, 2017, 08:18 PM
My head in the clouds!
just picked up this little quad and my buddy let me borrow his teleporter v5 headset. I'm a noob to fpv but I'm pretty sure I need to change the frequency on the drone itself to get it to pair with the headset. How on earth do you change through the channels on the drone? I see them I just dont know how to change them...
Yesterday, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Steve View Post
just picked up this little quad and my buddy let me borrow his teleporter v5 headset. I'm a noob to fpv but I'm pretty sure I need to change the frequency on the drone itself to get it to pair with the headset. How on earth do you change through the channels on the drone? I see them I just dont know how to change them...
The teleporter should be able to change freq also, not sure if that's easier. The button for changing them on the quad might be obstructed depending on how they mounted it, you might need to take off the bottom plate to remove it and see. Not sure, I got the ARF version without camera/VTX.
Yesterday, 01:12 PM
My head in the clouds!
I will try and find it. I'm a complete noob to FPV and flew the quad a few times with the antenna off. I just read somewhere that this could fry the tx.. great. Quad flies nice though!
Yesterday, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Steve View Post
There is a button on the vtx. Short press changes channel, long press changes freq range.