Apr 04, 2016, 06:02 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Naza 32 & cleanflight

I have clean flight loaded on my windows 7 computer. I am trying to flash my naza 32 with it. every time I get failed to open serial port. I have tried all the drivers downloads and I still get the same thing. Am I missing something?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 04, 2016, 10:08 PM
Have you tried different usb ports on your pc? Could be set to use a different com port then what your connected to.
Apr 04, 2016, 10:13 PM
Thread OP
I believe I have tried them all. Do you need to assign a port where it says port on opening page?
Apr 04, 2016, 10:24 PM
I think mine defaulted to com 5. I load the firmware from local. I've never tried to load it from online.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers?
Apr 05, 2016, 06:31 AM
Thread OP
Yes I have reinstalled the drivers a few times, am going to try again. I thought you had to load the firmware online, I will try the local.
Apr 05, 2016, 10:21 AM
I'm running betaflight but saved it to my pc. When I flash a board I use local and load from where I saved it.
Apr 06, 2016, 10:12 PM
Thread OP
Still haven't got past the failure to open serial port. Thought about trying beta flight , maybe it would be easier, tight now I am stuck and can't go any further.
Apr 06, 2016, 10:17 PM
Do you have another board to try to see if maybe you got a bad one? I just flashed a new one tonight. No problems.
Apr 07, 2016, 06:21 AM
Thread OP
The naze id brand new, but I have a KK2 board I will try.
Apr 07, 2016, 06:48 PM
I wanted to see if you had another Naze. I was thinking the board may be bad.

Have you tried to disable the driver signatures? I saw on the cleanflight forums about doing this.

Have you tried a different usb cable?
Apr 07, 2016, 09:22 PM
Thread OP
Disable driver signature? I don't have another naze . I will look for another cable, but the lite on the board glows blue when I plug it in.
Apr 07, 2016, 10:06 PM
Naze and Naza are 2 totally different flight controllers. I'm assuming it's a typo and you're talking about the Naze32.

Try this download for USB drivers:
https://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/...CPDrivers.aspx
Apr 12, 2016, 06:54 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedoug
I wanted to see if you had another Naze. I was thinking the board may be bad.

Have you tried to disable the driver signatures? I saw on the cleanflight forums about doing this.

Have you tried a different usb cable?
Just wanted to let you know, I tried a laptop computer and cleanflight & my miniquad connected and worked fine. Something in my desk top wouldn't let those drivers download.
Thanks

Quick Reply