This thread is privately moderated by John Lueke, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 04, 2016, 10:46 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Planes from Harry Roe collection

Here are some planes from the Harry Roe estate. They are for sale in the Dayton Oh area. Most of the planes are from the 90s and would be good for someone looking for reasonable performance without the expense of a molded airframe.

All of these planes have servos (older Futaba)installed and just need an rx and battery to be flyable.

The first two pics are of a full house plane labeled Barracuda. I can't find any info on it, but it is 110 in span with sheeted foam wings. The fuse is glass, very narrow with transition to a boom behind the wing. I have flown it on the the slope at the Cumberland Soar for Fun and is a fun plane in about 15 mph winds, probably not a good TD floater. The plane is in good condition with no major dings.

The third pic is a 2m Sisu C from Northeast Sailplanes. I have not flown it yet and it is one that I may want to keep unless someone makes a good offer. I like the crescent wing! It is in great condition.

The fourth pic is a 2m Monarch from DJAerotech. It is in good condition , but the wing tips are very fragile thin glass.

Picture 5 is a 2m Gnome with flaps. I have flown it and it winch launches pretty well, but doesn't seem to be a floater. It is in good condition, no damage. Price $80

Pictures 6&7 are of a 3m Bird of Prey, another NESP plane. It has a sheeted foam wing with a couple if minor repairs to the sheeting. The carbon wing joiner is long lost so I have an Aluminum one for now. This is another one that I have not flown yet, and may keep because of the crescent wing.

Picture 8 is a3m Victory C from NESP. It has a carbon bagged wing and is in excellent shape. Again the carbon joiner is lost and an Al one is being used.

Picture 9 is a 3m Alcyone. Sheeted foam wing with glass fuse. I have not flown it yet. It is in very good condition. Price $275

Picture 10 is an Oly II. It is in excellent condition. It does have a balsa fairing added to the bottom of the forward fuselage to give it a nicer shape. This would have to be removed to be Nostalgia legal. Might be a good plane to convert to electric power. Price: $175

Picture 11 is an unknown e powered sailplane. It has a 100 in span. I have upgrade it to a brushless power system that will do the ALES climb to 200m in 30 sec. I have flown it and it flies nice. It does not have spoilers or flaps. Comes with out runner, 55a esc, 2s 3000 Lipo, prop and spinner. Makes a nice step up from a Radian. Price $170

Picture 12 is a 2m Mantis in excellent condition . Carbon bagged wing with center section flap. I made a new slip on nosecone. Price $190

Picture 13 is 3m Mantis also in excellent condition. Price $360

Picture 14 is a 100 in span plane labeled as a "Pulsar". I can' find any info on this one. It has a glass fuse with a slip on nosecone, sheeted foam wings and It has a single flap servo in the fuse with mechanical linkage to the flaps. I flew this one also at Cumberland and liked it well enough to do a complete rehab on it. Stripped fuse and repaired some cracks and recovered wings and tail. It is now red on wings and nose with white on rest of fuse. May sell, depends on offer.

The last picture is a 2m Windancer,REF. I also upgraded the power system to a brushless system that works for ALES. I have flown it and it handles great. Comes with 22mm out runner, 30a esc, 2 3s 350 batteries, prop an spinner. Price $175

Most of these planes, especially the V tails are not shippable. If there is any interest, I could try to get them to a contest in the Ohio area or to the NATs this summer.
Last edited by John Lueke; Apr 04, 2016 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Added descriptions to pics
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply