Aug 14, 2004, 10:27 PM
Thread OP

If you can possibly make it to the Ontario Electric Expo tomorrow, Do it!!!

Hey guys,

I just got back from this event in York Ontario (see EMFSO web site for details and map).

Wow!

I can't believe how nice this event is, especially when you consider it was the first time it has been run. ~50 pilots, 8 vendors, lots of prizes, and flying, flying flying. Very high quality models were present.

Full scale paved AND grass runways available for use (owner removed runway lights in model flying area for model safety). Great food, great company, cool full-scale stuff flying in and out during the day.

Just before the lunch-time demo, the Avro Lancaster (as you know, one of two airworthy copies) did a fly-by and circled the field on its way back to its home in Hamilton. It sounded as sweet as I've ever heard it!

We also had a Harvard fly over. Later in the day Chris took people up in his Stinson for "joy rides".

The noon Demo featured Keith's planes, as well as Chris' Bipe, Marc's turbine (off e-topic, but stunning, none the less), and a V1 chase with 2 Sea Furies, a P-47, and an ME 110 all in the air at the same time.

Dinner was amazing! Deiter did an incredible job of preparing a meal that would not have been out of place at a wedding.

This event is going to get HUGE, as time passes. The EMFSO needs to be congratulated on running everything so well, on their first attempt at a large meet.

I think that I'll be bragging one day about how I was one of the participants in the first one!

Ron Daniels
Last edited by Ron Daniels; Aug 14, 2004 at 10:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2004, 12:45 AM
Ron, great report - your enthusiasm is obvious. Please forward your comments, and pics if you got 'em, to Doug Burt, at www.canadianelectricflight.com .This is the sort of thing that he loves to post on the website, and write up for the MAAC mag as well.

Brad.
Aug 15, 2004, 07:19 AM
Man I knew I wanted to make this one! Oh well, the Flying Fosses will be there next year for sure.
Aug 15, 2004, 09:02 AM
EMFSO, CRS, MAAC
Hi Everyone,

It was an excellent Saturday. Everyone should get congrats, especially Chris and Dieter!

Sunday should be equally great because the weather is going to be perfect again.

The "Keith" mentioned is of course Keith Shaw. It was the first time I saw him fly his wonderful creations. His big Bearcat and Red four motored Flying Wing (rudderless) were truly spectacular.

I look forward to next year's event with apprehension. With success comes larger crowds and less air time for pilots. It'll fun but different.

I've never shared runways with full scale aircraft. Now that was neat!

See ya next year.

Quick Reply