Gallery

Kaos

Kaos.40 ARF
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2018, 03:27 AM
I think I go fly
Thread OP

Two years later...

Another gallon consumed this weekend...more fuel ordered I hope it gets here soon! I have been flying this one dor about 4 years now...
Aug 26, 2018, 10:55 PM
That's totally great so it consumes a lot of fuel.
Sep 19, 2018, 07:04 AM
Great flying plane, but the cheap covering material shows after a few flights. I see your covering has deteriorated worse than my arf. Horizon Hobby should keep the design, but change the material.
Latest blog entry: MAAC Wings
Nov 14, 2018, 05:50 AM
Entropy is happening!
Are there plans available for this model?
Jan 10, 2019, 07:07 PM
I just want to go fly!
Long live the kaos! My kit built 60 size killer.
Jan 31, 2019, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.Thompson
I built the original .60 sized version from a Joe Bridi kit some 40 years ago. But here's some plans for a smaller version, just blow the plans up to whatever you want.
Jan 31, 2019, 03:53 AM
Entropy is happening!
Thanks modelaircrafter.
Jan 31, 2019, 08:00 AM
You're welcome Jim. Just build it as light as possible. Use 4-6 lb wood, the lightest, most powerful power plant, LIGHT covering, transparent Monokote is the best. Coverite, prepainted fabric is the worst. etc. I saved a lot of weight going to a tail dragger and not having to add weight to the tail. That kind of thing.

I built the kit, then I destroyed it within the year. So that winter, I built from the plans and I used all the old free-flight strategies for a lighter airplane. Saved a full pound and it became a whole new Kaos Universe. I could do snap rolls, 10 ft off the ground and end up upright just by letting the sticks neutralize.

I flew that one for 6 years. Been thinking of making a 1/2A version. :*)

Andy
Apr 20, 2019, 06:24 PM

Bridi Kaos Jr. or Kaos 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.Thompson
https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=5365
Latest blog entry: MAAC Wings
Apr 20, 2019, 07:24 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurcha
Thanks for the plans jp.

I may have mentioned this elsewhere, but I am considering scaling this model up to suit a 25 cc petrol engine that I have plans to convert for aero application.
Just one of the conversions I have on my to do list!..............................
May 20, 2019, 11:35 AM
Built one too some years ago. RCM plan Kaos 40.
Bye Peter
Jul 21, 2019, 05:49 PM
I have two (spoiled) granddaughters who asked me to set aside an airplane they could keep after I make my final landing. All were 40s and 60s, too large for souvenirs, so I decided to buld them something smaller.
I have known Joe Bridi for years, and the girls and I used to go visit and tke him to lunch or dinner. They became friends, they shared experiences about his kit business and his flhing, and their university education and future plans. Joe has lost most of his vision and is now in a home too far to visit but hey talk often and assure him he is not forgotten.
Obviously, I had to build them a Bridi design. I got plans for the Kaos 40, had them shrunk to a 30- incher and here is the result. Every piece in the original is in this one, half size, including the landing gear, and a worn out Enya 15 fits perfectly up front. Enjoy
Last edited by EloyM; Feb 17, 2020 at 06:46 PM.
Jul 21, 2019, 11:57 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EloyM
I have two (spoiled) granddaughters.................................... ........................
They look like a couple of spoiled but totally charming would be princess's!
It's nice to know that they are sufficiently interested in your interests to make this request!
This is an example of the opposite of the all too common female solipsism that is fashionable in popular culture.
You are lucky to have them!

Quote:
I make my final landing. ...............................
Is the term: "happy landing" appropriate here?
(Probably not...............................more of an oxymoron actually)
Oct 16, 2019, 02:31 PM
Entropy is happening!
I am putting together a 1350 mm span version of this model.
Does it have zero dihedral?
Or just 1 deg or so either side?

The plan appears to indicate none. That is what I would prefer from the building point of view.

Jim.

Edit:
I might build mine with the top line of the spar flat, just to avoid the droopy wing look.
Last edited by Jim.Thompson; Oct 16, 2019 at 03:09 PM.

Quick Reply