Toledo News - Horizon Hobby UMX B-25

We got the scoop on a new announcement from Horizon Hobby this morning. Matt tells us about the new UMX B-25 that should be available shortly...

Splash

2016 Toledo Show Coverage

We got the scoop on a new announcement from Horizon Hobby this morning. Matt tells us about the new UMX B-25 that should be available shortly. The E-flite UMX B-25 comes with impressive details, AS3X built in and a decal sheet that allows you to create any of the 16 B-25 Doolittle Raider schemes. It has a 21.7" wingspan, and weighs just 3.3oz. with a 1S 300mAH lipo. Keep an eye on HorizonHobby for more info when they release the webpage.

Apr 02, 2016, 10:20 AM
Going to get one and 3D IT
Apr 02, 2016, 11:32 AM
I think I just wet myself a little....
Last edited by Hugo Flynow; Oct 05, 2017 at 06:51 AM.
Apr 02, 2016, 01:08 PM
Does that battery have the same connector as the mcpx battery? Sorry... don't know the proper name of these connectors.
Apr 02, 2016, 01:56 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
Going to get one and 3D IT
Of course you will Dale......lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Winger
Does that battery have the same connector as the mcpx battery? Sorry... don't know the proper name of these connectors.
Good question! I have adapters either way, so I am pumped! I just hope the CG issues out of the box so many B-17's experienced are NOT present on this one.

Regardless, I love it Matt and HH!!!

GB
Apr 02, 2016, 03:49 PM
Is that a 1 cell? Man thought it was 2
Apr 02, 2016, 03:50 PM
Quote:
If you look close at the nose pic, it looks like their standard micro battery connector. I bought a JST to micro adapter and run Turnigy 500mah batteries in my UMX B17..then the plane runs with the power it needed in the first place.
Apr 02, 2016, 03:54 PM

Steerable Nose Wheel???

Just wonderin' if the nose wheel is steerable.

The plane looks so cool, I'll give it a slide for just being 1S and having brushed motors, but after flying the UMX 2S P47, HH really should retire brushed motors. I would pay more for that feature.
Apr 02, 2016, 03:57 PM
Slow is the go!
Looks great, also looks like she has working rudders which is nice,
pleased there will be a twin engine brick so I can AS3X my Mosquito.

Convert her to the version that had 6 or maybe 8 (from memory)
forward firing fifty cals!
Apr 02, 2016, 04:03 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow

The plane looks so cool, I'll give it a slide for just being 1S and having brushed motors, but after flying the UMX 2S P47, HH really should retire brushed motors. I would pay more for that feature.
Yes it's steerable
Apr 02, 2016, 04:07 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Yes it's steerable
Is there more room in the nose for a bigger heavier battery like the B-17? Was it flown? What is the cost?
Apr 02, 2016, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow

I once felt the same about the 1S stuff since I moved up to 1S. But I still feel there is a place for 1S. The speed and price is better for those still learning. I have several 2S birds, but absolutely love my 1S Stearman! On windless nights these small birds shine! I thought my Stearman would be my only 1S bird, but started to fly indoors recently & 1S is perfect! I actually picked up the 1S P-51 last week to have something else to fly indoors! I think it is good HH hasn't completely given up on the 1S stuff. That being said, with the P-47 I certainly hope to see an expansion to the 2S warbird line as well!!!
Apr 02, 2016, 04:28 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
I once felt the same about the 1S stuff since I moved up to 1S. But I still feel there is a place for 1S. The speed and price is better for those still learning. I have several 2S birds, but absolutely love my 1S Stearman! On windless nights these small birds shine! I thought my Stearman would be my only 1S bird, but started to fly indoors recently & 1S is perfect! I actually picked up the 1S P-51 last week to have something else to fly indoors! I think it is good HH hasn't completely given up on the 1S stuff. That being said, with the P-47 I certainly hope to see an expansion to the 2S warbird line as well!!!
You have a 2S P-51?
Apr 02, 2016, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Yes it's steerable
Thanks...that goes in the plus column for the plane!
Apr 02, 2016, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden
You have a 2S P-51?
Sorry.... You read that FAST! I went back and read my post and edited that almost immediately - corrected to 1S, NOT 2S. Oops! It's the umx 1S as3x bird that has been out for a couple of years. I have been enjoying the indoor flying that I started to think the 1S stuff. I wanted to get it before HH decided to discontinue 1S warbirds. Only 4 flights on it so far - really gonna like this one!

Quick Reply